Windows 10: repairing corrupt files

Discus and support repairing corrupt files in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; After running sfc /scannow on my windows 10 installation I have been advised tthat there are corrupt files. I have viewed the log and would like to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by mszmekura, Sep 20, 2015.

1. mszmekura Win User

repairing corrupt files

After running sfc /scannow on my windows 10 installation I have been advised tthat there are corrupt files. I have viewed the log and would like to know what these messages mean. " 000010fd Warning - Overlap: Duplicate ownership for directory [l:128{64}]"\??\C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\DnsClient" in component Microsoft-Windows-DNS-Client-Configuration-WMI-PowerShell, Version = 10.0.10240.16384, pA = amd64, nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35} " How do I repair files that are corrupt?

:)

mszmekura, Sep 20, 2015

2. unable to repair corrupted files

This Windows 10 up grade has been a PAIN. , then again te up grades have always been a gamble to me I would rather put new programs right off the disc. File swapping assuming the files from one OS to the other I think usually causes file to be tossed out.
    I have reloaded the Win10 two extra times using MS repair up dated one listed here. Thee last time which was yesterday....I took my time installing it. I thought I was home free! ...not.The same pop up sign was back. I t sometimes freezes the next program
    up, when leaving I see the ones piling up, this extra work to be on the internet

'll try to get a screen shot of it for you to look at.

Harmless ? Annoyng yes!

repairing corrupt files [​IMG]

Sleepydog52, Sep 20, 2015
  3. unable to repair corrupted files

I can not repair corrupted files in windows 10. I have tried DISM /restorehealth and sfc , the files needed to do the repair are missing. Can someone help please

MichaelMurren, Sep 20, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

repairing corrupt files

Please upload the cbs.log file for more details (if the file is too large, try a 3rd party uploader like dropbox, onedrive, google drive etc.)

5. Cliff S New Member
    Have you rebooted and ran sfc again? When scf repairs files it marks them PendingFileRename and they will be swapped out at reboot when windows is offline.

Cliff S, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

repairing corrupt files

1. repairing corrupt files - Similar Threads - repairing corrupt files

2. DISM reports "corruption was repaired", but corruption/repairs not listed in DISM.log file.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISM reports "corruption was repaired", but corruption/repairs not listed in DISM.log file.: I have Windows 8.1 x64. Microsoft Windows [Version 6.3.9600] From an elevated command prompt I ran sfc /scannowwhich found no problems. "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations." I then ran Dism /Online /Cleanup-image /RestoreHealth This seemed to...
  3. DISM reports "corruption was repaired", but corruption/repairs not listed in DISM.log file.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DISM reports "corruption was repaired", but corruption/repairs not listed in DISM.log file.: I have Windows 8.1 x64. Microsoft Windows [Version 6.3.9600] From an elevated command prompt I ran sfc /scannowwhich found no problems. "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations." I then ran Dism /Online /Cleanup-image /RestoreHealth This seemed to...
  4. Corrupt files not repaired by DISM

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Corrupt files not repaired by DISM: Hi,I have used DISM to check health of my system, Windows 10 Home Version 21H1 Installed on ‎02-‎Sep-‎20 OS build 19043.1288 It reports some files corrupt but can be repaired, scannow reports the same. But attempts to use DISM to repair files fails using either online repair...
  5. Corrupt files not repaired by DISM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupt files not repaired by DISM: Hi,I have used DISM to check health of my system, Windows 10 Home Version 21H1 Installed on ‎02-‎Sep-‎20 OS build 19043.1288 It reports some files corrupt but can be repaired, scannow reports the same. But attempts to use DISM to repair files fails using either online repair...
  6. Corrupt files not repaired by DISM

7. Windows 10 corrupted file repair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 corrupted file repair: I've recently encountered a problem with my windows 10 update, so to solve this i went into cmd and did a sfc /scannow, now after doing this it found a corrupt file. i don't know how to fix this. can anyone help me...
  8. Windows 10 corrupted file repair

Windows 10 corrupted file repair: I've recently encountered a problem with my windows 10 update, so to solve this i went into cmd and did a sfc /scannow, now after doing this it found a corrupt file. i don't know how to fix this. can anyone help me...
  9. Windows 10 corrupted file repair

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. How to repair corrupted JPG files & prevent corruption

in Windows 10 Support
    How to repair corrupted JPG files & prevent corruption: I have a collection of JPG files and when trying to open those old JPG files, I find corrupted ones in them. It is always very disappointing but I have no idea how and when they happened. The storage media is 1TB SSD (Samsung 850 Pro-MZ-7KE1T). My question is if there is...