Windows 10: Reparse point, Environmental Variable issues after Creator's Update

Discus and support Reparse point, Environmental Variable issues after Creator's Update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I discovered several issues immediately after installing the Creator's Update. Several programs would not run (or not run properly), and these... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by best1syn2oil, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Reparse point, Environmental Variable issues after Creator's Update

Hi,

I discovered several issues immediately after installing the Creator's Update.
    Several programs would not run (or not run properly), and these were sorted with a Revo uninstall followed by a re-install.
    As a long time user of DFX Audio, I was crushed to find that it was hosed. At boot the tray icon would appear, but then vanish as soon as the Mouse pointer touched it...could not access the interface at all. I attempted uninstalling and re-installing it, but kept getting an error message that the driver name could not be set. I examined device manager and found that my Nvidia High Definition Sound driver had been replaced with another driver altogether. This was addressed by running the appropriate Graphics card driver installer. I decided to run a pre-scan using the tweaking.com all in one repair tool and found that several Reparse points were missing and that there were duplicate and many missing Environmental Variables. I ran the tool to repair these, then rebooted and suddenly the DFX interface appeared. I then ran the installer for DFX again and it ran to completion with no errors and now works fine. General performance and stability improved immediately as well. As usual, the update reset loads of settings, but time will get those sorted.

:)

best1syn2oil, Apr 14, 2017

2. environmental variables

I cant set more than 2 additional paths to my PATH variable.

everytime I do that it overwrites one of the other paths.

abhijeet vyas, Apr 14, 2017
  3. Unable to add searchable commands to start menu

You could add C:\Program Files\emacs\bin to your "Path" environmental variable.

(Control Panel / System / Advanced System Settings / Environmental Variables)

Frederik Long, Apr 14, 2017
Thema:

Reparse point, Environmental Variable issues after Creator's Update

1. Reparse point, Environmental Variable issues after Creator's Update - Similar Threads - Reparse point Environmental

2. is it safe to delete these user environmental variables?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    is it safe to delete these user environmental variables?: is it safe to delete one of these? Path, TEMP or TMP. Or should i just leave them bewill i face issues if i DO delete them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-safe-to-delete-these-user-environmental/b095ec98-aed9-4250-bc97-f56b089b96e8
  3. is it safe to delete these user environmental variables?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is it safe to delete these user environmental variables?: is it safe to delete one of these? Path, TEMP or TMP. Or should i just leave them bewill i face issues if i DO delete them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-safe-to-delete-these-user-environmental/b095ec98-aed9-4250-bc97-f56b089b96e8
  4. is it safe to delete these user environmental variables?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to recover Environmental Variables that were deleted

How to recover Environmental Variables that were deleted: Now I can't access CMD or Powershell from start menu. Can't elevate to Admin. I tried: 1. booting into safe mode and did system restore with command prompt2. Running SFC and DISM These methods have not workedAlso, when I try to reset the pc, it doesn't load, just freezes. How...
  6. Modify System Environmental Variables

in Windows 10 Customization
    Modify System Environmental Variables: Dear staff! I need to modify the System Environmental Variables specifically the PATH variable from my local user already set as administrator but these options are still greyed out for me, in order to setup Android Studio together with Flutter component. I already tried this...
  7. Environmental variable/path

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Environmental variable/path: Hello community, I need some help. I was attempting to download Oracle JDK/JRE and somehow corrupted my path. Can anyone tell me the default path setting that I need to restore? I appreciate your help....
  8. Notepad++ spellchecker (environmental variables path issue)

Notepad++ spellchecker (environmental variables path issue): I am following this video tutorial but my issue starts at 3:18 (3min18seconds) into the video. I click environmental variables just like shown in the video, I scroll to "path" and click Edit. Instead of opening the single dialog box like his seen at 3:37 into the video, It...
  9. Environmental Variables Unexpected Behaviour

in Windows 10 Support
    Environmental Variables Unexpected Behaviour: I wanted to include some environmental variables today and found some strange goings on. The variable I wanted to change was simply to add a PATH. In the case of changing a user's variables: It would be accepted but when I did a PC restart I was presented with a new blue...
  10. Environmental Variables

in Windows 10 Support
    Environmental Variables: I'm trying add "EUINC" to my Environmental Variables. It contains 7 include directories. EUINC:=\eu\arwen;E:\eu\myinclude;E:\eu\football;e:\eu\IDEwin32lib;e:\eu\win32dib;e:\eu\winclass; e:\eu\win32lib\include This worked fine with Windows 7 and 8.1. But It seems...