Windows 10: Repeat Notifications sent from Cortana on Android Phone

Discus and support Repeat Notifications sent from Cortana on Android Phone in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm not sure if anyone else is having this issue, but Cortana on my Android phone is sending multiple notifications of text messages, missed calls,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by zephus, Aug 20, 2016.

1. zephus Win User

Repeat Notifications sent from Cortana on Android Phone

I'm not sure if anyone else is having this issue, but Cortana on my Android phone is sending multiple notifications of text messages, missed calls, etc. to my Windows 10 machine. As few as two to as much as five of a repeat notifications will be received by my machine.

I've been doing the usual Google searches to rectify this issue and, to no avail, the feature must be too new for this issue to arise. I suspect it is because I've reinstalled Cortana at least twice, so she must have some sort of repeated setting per each received notification, and therefore pushes the notification per each log that I've asked for mirrored notifications to my Windows 10 machine.

I'm finding the toasts to pop up five times every text message to get really annoying, to the point where I need to activate Quiet Hours on the Action Center. I don't really want to do this, as it is counter-intuitive to productivity. If anyone has a solution to this, please share for all of us. Thank you.

:)

zephus, Aug 20, 2016
  2. P.Bear Win User

Cortana displays missed call notifications for EVERY call received on Android phone, including the answered ones!

I have Cortana installed on my Windows 10 Pro x64 (build 1703) desktop computer (of course), as well as installed on my Android phone. Consequently, I have Cortana set up to display missed calls from my Android phone as notifications on my Windows desktop.
    The feature works whenever there is a missed call on my Android phone -- but it also kicks in for every call I ANSWER on my Android phone as well. In other words, I received a "missed call" notification on my computer for every single call that comes in
    on my Android phone, including all the ones I answer.

I do not received any bogus missed call notifications on the phone itself -- or within
    Cortana on the phone. Answered calls are only sent as "missed calls" to Cortana on my Windows computer.

Needless to say, this is extremely annoying, as I am inundated with unnecessary notifications from Cortana.

Has anyone else experienced this problem or found any way around it?

Thanks.

P.Bear, Aug 20, 2016
  3. digeous Win User
    How to turn off the morning "Get started for today" Cortana notification

Hello,

Since the app is created by "Microsoft Corporation" and since the notifications are not system notifications from Oppo, but rather app notifications from the "Cortana"
    app, I'm pretty sure that Oppo is not going to support troubleshooting how to turn off the annoying daily morning notification from Cortana. Also, the link you sent is for the "Windows Phone", which I don't think would be that interested in discussing an app
    for another operating system.

If the Cortana app is not supported in this forum, could you tell me what forum or support is available for the Cortana app for Android so I can find someone who can answer the question of how to remove this notification?

digeous, Aug 20, 2016
Thema:

Repeat Notifications sent from Cortana on Android Phone

1. Repeat Notifications sent from Cortana on Android Phone - Similar Threads - Repeat Notifications sent

2. Notifications from family safety to my Android phone

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Notifications from family safety to my Android phone: Hi, I've set up Microsoft Family for my kids who use Windows 10 devices, and set up content restrictions and screen time. Now, I want to receive notifications on my Android phone or by e-mail when they ask for permission or for additional time. How can I do it? I am getting...
  3. cortana texting between phone and PC for android

in Cortana
    cortana texting between phone and PC for android: I installed the texting app and cortana on my phone, but can't figure out how to send a text on my PC using cortana. I do not have a search bar when I open cortana on my PC....
  4. What happened to notification syncing in Android Cortana app?

in Cortana
    What happened to notification syncing in Android Cortana app?: I've been using the Android Cortana app to sync notification to Windows 10 and until a couple of days ago it was working (most of the time). Then the Android app got an update to 3.0.0 and now all the notification sync options are completely gone from the app (I can't find...
  5. Not receiving Cortana (Android) notifications on my PC

in Cortana
    Not receiving Cortana (Android) notifications on my PC: I have done everything required to receive android phone notifications via Cortana app on the pc but I am not getting any notifications. If I set a reminder it works fine but messages/ call notifications do not show up on my PC[ATTACH] Windows 10 home ,Version:1803 , Build:...
  6. Turn On or Off Your Phone app Notifications for Android Notifications

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Your Phone app Notifications for Android Notifications: How to: Turn On or Off Your Phone app Notifications for Android Notifications How to Turn On or Off Your Phone app Notification Banners in Windows 10 for Android Phone Notifications Starting with Windows 10 build 18885 on April 26, 2019, Microsoft added a new preview...
  7. Get Windows 10 Mobile Phone Notifications from Cortana on PC

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Get Windows 10 Mobile Phone Notifications from Cortana on PC: How to: Get Windows 10 Mobile Phone Notifications from Cortana on PC How to Turn On or Off Get Windows 10 Mobile Phone Notifications from Cortana on Windows 10 PC Cortana is your digital cloud-based personal assistant that works across your devices and other Microsoft...
  8. Get Android Phone Notifications from Cortana on Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Get Android Phone Notifications from Cortana on Windows 10 PC: How to: Get Android Phone Notifications from Cortana on Windows 10 PC How to Get Android Phone Notifications from Cortana on Windows 10 PC Cortana is your digital cloud-based personal assistant that works across your devices and other Microsoft services to help you get...
  9. No longer get notifications from my Android phone to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    No longer get notifications from my Android phone to Windows 10: I've had my Android phone synced with Windows through Cortana for months just to get incoming text messeges in Windows, but suddenly today the SMS notifications no longer appear. I've checked settings on both platforms and nothing has been changed. Is there a way to like...
  10. Turn On or Off Get Phone Notifications from Cortana in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Get Phone Notifications from Cortana in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Get Phone Notifications from Cortana in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Get Phone Notifications from Cortana in Windows 10 Cortana is your digital cloud-based personal assistant that works across your devices and other Microsoft services to help...