Windows 10: Repeated BSOD after launching games

Discus and support Repeated BSOD after launching games in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Stress testing individual components show no problems. memtest86 showed no errors in RAM. Here are the memory.dmp & minidump file from the crashes:4:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by choseballs, Feb 23, 2024.

1. Repeated BSOD after launching games

Stress testing individual components show no problems. memtest86 showed no errors in RAM. Here are the memory.dmp & minidump file from the crashes:4: kd> !analyze -v********************************************************************************

:)

choseballs, Feb 23, 2024

2. Launching games

Hi Wesley,

Windows 10 is gamer-friendly by design. If an issue like being unable to launch a game happens, it can be caused by outdated display driver or other factors that cause conflict when launching the app. For us to better assist you, we'd like to ask for additional
    information. Please answer the following:

• What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Are you getting an error message when launching the game?
    • Have you made any changes to the settings or installed updates prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • What specific games are you having issues with?

We will wait for your response.

Jennifer Cha, Feb 23, 2024
  3. BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

Resolving Blue Screen errors in Windows - Microsoft Support

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 23, 2024
  4. Repeated BSOD after launching games

BSOD when launching a game

Whenever I try to launch a game my laptop becomes unresponsive, and after a while, I get the BSOD with stop code "DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION". This has only been happening recently. I have tried running a full virus scan, check for errors in the memory, checked for driver updates and everything seems to be in order. Yet when I launch a game (especially unity games) the laptop crashes again.

I went into the event viewer and saw 2 different types of errors (I think) for 2 different BSODs:

• The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000133 (0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000001e00, 0xfffff8014f4fb320, 0x0000000000000000). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 5c3290c2-57eb-436a-9d2d-518a70547a82.
    • The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000133 (0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000501, 0x0000000000000500, 0xfffff804058fb320). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: b8d1796d-b42c-488d-864b-31e22baedec7.
    The numbers in the bracket are different so I am not sure if they are about the same errors.

I also discovered a few entries in the event viewer saying "The speed of processor [0-4] in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 71 seconds since the last report." which was during one of the unresponsive phases.

Further, the 2nd BSOD on the list was actually triggered in a different manner. When I opened the dxdiag in order to check my graphics drivers, it said "DxDiag has detected that there might be a problem accessing Direct3D the last time the program was used. Would you like to bypass Direct3D this time?". I clicked on No and after a minute or so the system was unresponsive again and I got the BSOD.

Here are all the dump files and my system information:

dump – Google Drive

Himanshu Sharma418, Feb 23, 2024
Thema:

Repeated BSOD after launching games

1. Repeated BSOD after launching games - Similar Threads - Repeated BSOD launching

2. Repeated BSOD after launching games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repeated BSOD after launching games: Stress testing individual components show no problems. memtest86 showed no errors in RAM. Here are the memory.dmp & minidump file from the crashes:4: kd> !analyze -v********************************************************************************...
  3. Games launching causes BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games launching causes BSOD: Recently I have been experiencing blue screens when launching more recent game titles including Avatar: Frontiers of pandora, Assassins creed Origins and Deathloop. I get the "KERNAL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION" error. I have updated all chipset/graphics drivers along with windows...
  4. BSOD when launching games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when launching games: Recently, I have been getting WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR when launching games, I tried to look for the dump files but event viewer gives me the error "Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation." Any help would be appreciated...
  5. BSOD when launching games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when launching games: Recently, I have been getting WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR when launching games, I tried to look for the dump files but event viewer gives me the error "Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation." Any help would be appreciated...
  6. BSOD when launching a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when launching a game: Whenever I try to launch a game my laptop becomes unresponsive, and after a while, I get the BSOD with stop code "DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION". This has only been happening recently. I have tried running a full virus scan, check for errors in the memory, checked for driver updates...
  7. BSOD when launching a game

BSOD when launching a game: Whenever I try to launch a game my laptop becomes unresponsive, and after a while, I get the BSOD with stop code "DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION". This has only been happening recently. I have tried running a full virus scan, check for errors in the memory, checked for driver updates...
  8. BSOD when launching a game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. BSOD and failure to launch games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD and failure to launch games: Hi All, I currently experience the BSOD. It occurs at totally random times, at least once a day. Sometimes while I am busy working on documents, other times while it is idle. The only other defect that I have is when I launch any game, the game freezes 15-20 seconds after it...
  10. BSOD and failure to launch games

BSOD and failure to launch games: Hi All, I currently experience the BSOD. It occurs at totally random times, at least once a day. Sometimes while I am busy working on documents, other times while it is idle. The only other defect that I have is when I launch any game, the game freezes 15-20 seconds after it...