Windows 10: Repeated BSOD Briefly after Startup, ntoskrnl.sys

Discus and support Repeated BSOD Briefly after Startup, ntoskrnl.sys in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey all, I upgraded to Win 10 a couple days ago after forcing it to realize that the update was available for download. It had been working fine for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by flash5565, Aug 12, 2016.

1. flash5565 Win User

Repeated BSOD Briefly after Startup, ntoskrnl.sys

Hey all, I upgraded to Win 10 a couple days ago after forcing it to realize that the update was available for download. It had been working fine for a few days, but today my computer crashed several times a few minutes after restarting. The usual process when this happens is to boot up, launch chrome, launch a steam game, then crash a few moments later. Each time this happened however, the responsible driver seems to have changed. Dumps are attached.
    Attachment 95779

First time it crashed, I updated my ethernet adapter driver and started a antivirus scan. crashed again before scan was finished

Next time, I tried to update my wireless adapter driver, but it was already updated. started antivirus scan again. crashed again before scan was finished

Third time, didnt try to scan antivirus, but the problem seemed to move to system drivers that I didn't know how to update. Crashed again

Fourth time same deal. Now I'm typing this hoping my computer doesnt crash before I hit submit. The difference may be that time time I didn't launch steam or windows defender. Any help much appreciated, let me know if you need any other information.

--edit-- as per forum rules I just read I've also posted my system info here: Attachment 95783

:)

flash5565, Aug 12, 2016

2. Windows 10 not going into sleep mode.

How did you discover the issue? I suspect an Apple device because I briefly saw a BSOD that I cannot repeat.

JamesNowicki, Aug 12, 2016
  3. BSOD on startup repeats

Upload them to one drive and put a link to them in your next post.

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Aug 12, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Several of the dumps indicate memory_corruption. Time to check your PC memory:
    ===================================================
    RAM:

Follow this tutorial: MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Repeated BSOD Briefly after Startup, ntoskrnl.sys [​IMG]
    Information

MemTest86+ is a diagnostic tool designed to test Random Access Memory (RAM) for faults. MemTest86+ will verify that:

• RAM will accept and keep random patterns of data sent to it
    • There are no errors when different parts of memory try to interact
    • There are no conflicts between memory addresses

Memtest86+ runs from bootable media to isolate the RAM from the system, no other components are taken into account during the test.

Warning MemTest86+ needs to run for at least 8 passes to be anywhere near conclusive, anything less will not give a complete analysis of the RAM.

If you are asked to run MemTest86+ by a Ten Forums member make sure you run the full 8 passes for conclusive results. If you run less than 8 passes you will be asked to run it again.

Note MemTest86+ has been known to discover errors in RAM in later passes than the eighth pass. This is for information only; if you feel there is a definite problem with the RAM and 8 passes have shown no errors feel free to continue for longer.

Running 8 passes of MemTest86+ is a long and drawn out exercise and the more RAM you have the longer it will take. It's recommended to run MemTest86+ just before you go to bed and leave it overnight.

Ztruker, Aug 12, 2016
Thema:

1. Repeated BSOD Briefly after Startup, ntoskrnl.sys - Similar Threads - Repeated BSOD Briefly

2. Repeated ntoskrnl.exe BSOD on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repeated ntoskrnl.exe BSOD on startup: Started having daily BSODs on bootup with my Lenovo Legion 7 about a month ago. I've updated Windows, the BIOS, run dskchk, MemTest86, checked for Malware, stripped the drivers from the GPU and re-installed them, re-installed AMD Adrenaline. I've done everything I can think...
  3. Repeated ntoskrnl.exe BSOD on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Repeated ntoskrnl.exe BSOD on startup: Started having daily BSODs on bootup with my Lenovo Legion 7 about a month ago. I've updated Windows, the BIOS, run dskchk, MemTest86, checked for Malware, stripped the drivers from the GPU and re-installed them, re-installed AMD Adrenaline. I've done everything I can think...
  4. ntoskrnl bsod

ntoskrnl bsod: My pc has been bsod-ing for 2-3 years now and i recently decided to try and fix it. I use bluescreen view and always see that the bsods are always caused by ntoskrnl.exe. heres all of the stuff ive to try and fix it.Used 1 8gb ram stick at a timeused different ram slotsused...
  5. Repeated Crashes: BSOD - IQRL Not Less Or Equal - ntoskrnl

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repeated Crashes: BSOD - IQRL Not Less Or Equal - ntoskrnl: Ever since I updated to Windows 11 this week, my PC has been getting random reboots, crashes, BSODs: IQRL Not Less Or Equal - ntoskrnl.exe Specs: Ryzen 5600Motherboard: B550M 8GBx2 RAM SticksNvidia 2060SuperBugcheck Minidumps:...
  6. Repeated Crashes: BSOD - IQRL Not Less Or Equal - ntoskrnl

Repeated Crashes: BSOD - IQRL Not Less Or Equal - ntoskrnl: Ever since I updated to Windows 11 this week, my PC has been getting random reboots, crashes, BSODs: IQRL Not Less Or Equal - ntoskrnl.exe Specs: Ryzen 5600Motherboard: B550M 8GBx2 RAM SticksNvidia 2060SuperBugcheck Minidumps:...
  7. ntoskrnl BSOD

ntoskrnl BSOD: Hello, I have quite a persistent problem here.I often get BSOD or straight out system restarts the latter don't have any trace in minidump. In the past few days, they were too recurrent and got to a point where I had to reinstall Windows because my laptop actually got slowed...
  8. No internet briefly after startup/sleep.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No internet briefly after startup/sleep.: My PC has no internet briefly after startup or when waking up from sleep. When i managed to catch it with troubleshooter it told me i have no ethernet cable connected the seconds later connected to the internet. I tried to disable powersaving mode on the adapter, it had no...
  9. Repeated BSOD Netwtk06.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Repeated BSOD Netwtk06.sys: I have had usually 5 or 6 BSOD screens each day for a couple of months now. The only remedy I can find is to install Ubuntu along side of Windows and use that as my goto operating system. Please let me know when Microsoft can or finally does solve the problem that is highly...
  10. Bsod ntoskrnl

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bsod ntoskrnl: Hi guys, Any help would be massively appreciated. My computer is BSOD at least two times a day. As far as I can tell, all drivers are up to date including Nvidia. Could somebody take a look at the attached and let me know if you find anything? I've ran a system check...