Windows 10: Repeated BSOD

Discus and support Repeated BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, Since getting this computer I have had issues. After running Windows updates, I started getting consistent BSOD. I rolled back the updates... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Chris92, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Chris92 Win User

Repeated BSOD

Hello,

Since getting this computer I have had issues. After running Windows updates, I started getting consistent BSOD. I rolled back the updates and turned off updating for awhile, but recently decided to give them a try again. Once again, I can hardly run the computer, let alone do anything demanding, without crashing in BSOD.

Attachment 68750

I gave up on the dm_log_collector zipping the files (it as it always came out empty) and zipped it myself.

Thank you all for your help!

:)

Chris92, Mar 9, 2016
  2. bb2indc Win User

How to deal with BSOD (PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA)

Repeated BSOD with error PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (HipShieldK.sys)

solution?

bb2indc, Mar 9, 2016
  3. RyanHames Win User
    Repeated BSOD

Had another bsod. DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL was the stopcode this time. Any ideas?

RyanHames, Mar 9, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Repeated BSOD

The zip file you uploaded is empty.Can you try again?

Ztruker, Mar 10, 2016
  5. Chris92 Win User
    I ended up zipping the files myself outside of the program, and have attached them to the original post. Thank you for your help with this!

Chris92, Mar 10, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Somewhat better. The most recent one, 031016-26703-01.dmp is corrupt.

Others keep showing ETW minidump data unavailable.

Please make sure your pc is configured for small dump files How to configure minidump | Windows 10 tutorial.
    Also, move all esiting mini dumps from C:\Windows\minidump to another place to save them for now, so that only new dumps will show up there in the future.

DO some testing and when you get a BSOD, upload the dump here (zipped) please.

Ztruker, Mar 10, 2016
  7. Chris92 Win User
    I have removed all of my previous dumps and have configured to collected minidumps. I am waiting for another crash.

​THANK YOU!!

Chris92, Mar 10, 2016
  8. Chris92 Win User

Repeated BSOD

Three BSOD today within using for an hour. Please find the dumps attached.

Thank you!

Attachment 68859

Chris92, Mar 10, 2016
  9. Ztruker Win User
    The new dumps are all the same.

Code: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED (ef) IMAGE_NAME: csrss.exe DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0 MODULE_NAME: csrss FAULTING_MODULE: 0000000000000000 PROCESS_NAME: csrss.exe[/quote] which doesn't tell me much.

Let's see if doing a Clean Boot eliminates the BSOD. Clean Boot - Perform in Windows 10 to Troubleshoot Software

Test for awhile and if no BSODs then follow the directions To Troubleshoot Software Conflicts in a Clean Boot.

Ztruker, Mar 11, 2016
  10. Chris92 Win User
    which doesn't tell me much.

Let's see if doing a Clean Boot eliminates the BSOD. Clean Boot - Perform in Windows 10 to Troubleshoot Software

Test for awhile and if no BSODs then follow the directions To Troubleshoot Software Conflicts in a Clean Boot.[/quote] I've launched in a Clean Boot and will let you know how it goes.

Thank you

Chris92, Mar 11, 2016
  11. Ztruker Win User
    Ztruker, Mar 11, 2016
  12. Chris92 Win User
    No luck so far in getting a BSOD Clean Boot alone or in Clean Boot and trying for software conflicts. I have run driver verifier, please find the minidumps attached.

Attachment 68961

Thank you.

Chris92, Mar 11, 2016
  13. Ztruker Win User

Repeated BSOD

Does that mean it did or did not BSOD when you clean booted? Sounds like it did not BSOD with a clean boot. If so that's good as it points to something starting at boot that is causing the problem rather than a driver problem.

If it did BSOD then the most recent dump points to dptf_cpu.sys which belongs to Dynamic Platform Thermal Framework from Intel. It's a C4 verifier generated bugcheck. There is a 7/12/2015 Chipset driver on the Lenovo web site that you could try.

Yoga 3 Pro-1370 Laptop (Lenovo) 80HE

Looks like you have a Lenovo 80HE Yoga 3 but what is the full model number, 80HE???????

Ztruker, Mar 12, 2016
  14. Chris92 Win User
    I did not get a BSOD when I clean booted. I still did not get a BSOD when I tried for software conflicts in the clean boot.

The model name is listed as 80HE.
    Machine Type and Model is listed as 80HE010GUS.

I'll update the chipset driver even though it doesn't sound like a driver problem.

Thank you.

Chris92, Mar 13, 2016
  15. Ztruker Win User
    Driver Verifier did find a problem with the chipset driver, though it may not be the cause of your original BSODs. Worth updating to see if it helps though.

You can also try stressing your CPU with Prime95. Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU - Windows 10 Forums

Ztruker, Mar 13, 2016
Thema:

Repeated BSOD

1. Repeated BSOD - Similar Threads - Repeated BSOD

2. Repeated BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Repeated BSOD: I ran SFC scan, windows defender full scan, and memory diagnostic tool and no errors were found.Please assist.Dump below - Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.22621.3233 AMD64 Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Loading Dump File...
  3. Repeated BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repeated BSOD: I ran SFC scan, windows defender full scan, and memory diagnostic tool and no errors were found.Please assist.Dump below - Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.22621.3233 AMD64 Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Loading Dump File...
  4. Repeated BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Repeated BSOD errors ntoskrnl.exe

Repeated BSOD errors ntoskrnl.exe: Hi there,I've been having repeated BSOD errors on and off for a few months now. Often this happens right when I start the computer up from sleep, but it can happen any time seemingly at random funnily enough, not often when I'm doing intensive things like gaming. These errors...
  6. Repeated BSOD errors ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repeated BSOD errors ntoskrnl.exe: Hi there,I've been having repeated BSOD errors on and off for a few months now. Often this happens right when I start the computer up from sleep, but it can happen any time seemingly at random funnily enough, not often when I'm doing intensive things like gaming. These errors...
  7. Repeated BSOD errors ntoskrnl.exe

8. Repeated BSOD with different error codes - Window 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repeated BSOD with different error codes - Window 10: I have gotten several BSOD over the weeks, with error message ranging from1 Unexpected Store Exception2 Kernel Inpage error3 Memory ManagermentThe most frequent one is Unexpected Store Exception. For all 3, BSOD stuck at 0% and no minidump was created. What has been done:1...
  9. Repeated BSOD with different error codes - Window 10

Repeated BSOD with different error codes - Window 10: I have gotten several BSOD over the weeks, with error message ranging from1 Unexpected Store Exception2 Kernel Inpage error3 Memory ManagermentThe most frequent one is Unexpected Store Exception. For all 3, BSOD stuck at 0% and no minidump was created. What has been done:1...
  10. Repeated BSOD with different error codes - Window 10