Windows 10: repeated downloads

Discus and support repeated downloads in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Basic Win7 with Win10 Upgrade. Downloaded win 10 to Mem stick and used this to reload recently. NOW the computer keeps trying to upgrade windows and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EdForte, Jan 22, 2017.

1. EdForte Win User

repeated downloads

Basic Win7 with Win10 Upgrade.
    Downloaded win 10 to Mem stick and used this to reload recently.
    NOW the computer keeps trying to upgrade windows and then fails at 40%,
    message reads : reverting to original windows,
    Win 10 is then reloaded and works ok
    how do I stop this happening or is there a fix i can download?

:)

EdForte, Jan 22, 2017
  2. John Fer Win User

Massive Microsoft downloads repeated every day

It seems like there's a conflict with the update which is causing the issue. We suggest that you check this
    article. It contains a guided walk-through that can help you with your concern. Please make sure to perform all the steps
    in order.

Get back to us if you need additional help.

John Fer, Jan 22, 2017
  3. John Fer Win User
    Massive Microsoft downloads repeated every day

Hi,

One reason why you are experiencing this issue is because your Windows might be downloading cumulative updates that you were not able to download or failed to download in the past. However, we need to know more about this. Please answer the following:

• Have you made any changes prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

John Fer, Jan 22, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

repeated downloads

Welcome to TenForums!

By 'reload' do you mean you did a clean install? If so, you may have done the install recently but is sounds like the download of Win10 to the USB was done some time ago. Sounds like you have installed an older version and it's now trying to upgrade to the latest version.

I would download the latest Media Creation Tool from Microsoft, make a USB with the latest media on it (version 1607) then use that to either upgrade your existing install, or to redo the clean install.

Windows 10 ISO Download

Thema:

repeated downloads

1. repeated downloads - Similar Threads - repeated downloads

2. Im trying to download DTS X Ultra on my TUF F15 but on the microsoft store it repeatedly...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Im trying to download DTS X Ultra on my TUF F15 but on the microsoft store it repeatedly...: Im trying to download DTS X Ultra on my TUF F15 but on the microsoft store it repeatedly says that theres a problem on their end and it wont download. ive already tried restarting and updating drivers but it still wont work...
  3. Im trying to download DTS X Ultra on my TUF F15 but on the microsoft store it repeatedly...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Im trying to download DTS X Ultra on my TUF F15 but on the microsoft store it repeatedly...: Im trying to download DTS X Ultra on my TUF F15 but on the microsoft store it repeatedly says that theres a problem on their end and it wont download. ive already tried restarting and updating drivers but it still wont work...
  4. Im trying to download DTS X Ultra on my TUF F15 but on the microsoft store it repeatedly...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. WU Failed Repeatedly at 5% of download -- all attempts at mitigation have failed --0x08d05011

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WU Failed Repeatedly at 5% of download -- all attempts at mitigation have failed --0x08d05011: REM RUN THIS AS ADMINISTRATOR net stop bits net stop wuauserv erase softwaredistribution.ugh erase catroot2.ugh ren %systemroot%\softwaredistribution softwaredistribution.ugh ren %systemroot%\system32\catroot2 catroot2.ugh net start bits net start wuauservThis mitigation no...
  6. WU Failed Repeatedly at 5% of download -- all attempts at mitigation have failed --0x08d05011

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WU Failed Repeatedly at 5% of download -- all attempts at mitigation have failed --0x08d05011: REM RUN THIS AS ADMINISTRATOR net stop bits net stop wuauserv erase softwaredistribution.ugh erase catroot2.ugh ren %systemroot%\softwaredistribution softwaredistribution.ugh ren %systemroot%\system32\catroot2 catroot2.ugh net start bits net start wuauservThis mitigation no...
  7. WU Failed Repeatedly at 5% of download -- all attempts at mitigation have failed --0x08d05011

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Storage on C: drive repeatedly fills up without any downloads

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Storage on C: drive repeatedly fills up without any downloads: I've been having serious problems with the storage of my C: drive on my laptop. I have deleted a lot of apps and freed up a lot of storage, however every time I delete something, the storage is somehow full again after a certain amount of time. Previous chat sessions I have...
  9. I am unable to download Windows 10 Pro into my desktop. Inspite repeated attempts no response

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I am unable to download Windows 10 Pro into my desktop. Inspite repeated attempts no response: Sir; I have upgraded my windows 10 home edition to windows 10 Pr0 . The download failed to compelete and I am unable to download and upgrade my windows home edition. Pl do the needful. Nedunchelliyan S...
  10. Repeated failure to update windows 10 from build 1909 to 2004 after downloading all files...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Repeated failure to update windows 10 from build 1909 to 2004 after downloading all files...: Over several months I have encountered consistent failures in my attempts to update windows 10 from build 1909 to 2004 after watching the lengthy download of presumably all files and giving permission to complete the final step? of installing the upgrade of WINDOWS 10 Pro...