Windows 10: Repeater for getting Wi Fi signal into all-metal outbuilding?

Discus and support Repeater for getting Wi Fi signal into all-metal outbuilding? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My all-metal (no windows) studio outbuilding blocks my existing Wi Fi signal completely. It is 100 feet from my router. I need a weatherproof... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ArtMurphy, Dec 15, 2016.

1. ArtMurphy Win User

Repeater for getting Wi Fi signal into all-metal outbuilding?

My all-metal (no windows) studio outbuilding blocks my existing Wi Fi signal completely. It is 100 feet from my router.
    I need a weatherproof repeater setup where where I can mount a receiver on the exterior of the metal building and get the repeater signal through the metal wall into the interior to broadcast the Wi Fi signal inside.
    The weatherproof repeaters I have looked online have both the receiving and sending antennae on the outside of the building. I think that I need to get the signal into the metal building interior using a cable since the metal walls without windows act like a Farraday cage. I can visualize extending a cable through the wall and placing the repeater antenna inside the building, but I'm incompetent to do that myself plus it would void any warrantees and might damage the unit.
    Any specific recommendations?
    Art
    BTW: The existing router Wi Fi signal is very robust and easily serves another building (with windows) which is further away than the metal studio.

:)

ArtMurphy, Dec 15, 2016

2. nokia 5800 keeps losing wifi signal

Repeat if you are losing Wi-Fi signal first check by using another Wi-Fi to see if you still lose signal .

jje

jjegan---01, Dec 15, 2016
  3. HairyFool Win User
    No Wi-Fi Settings

Desktop or laptop?

Whereas almost all laptops have Wi-Fi interfaces not that many desktops do and as an older unit it would be even less likely.

Check in device manager for any unknown hardware. If a laptop one of the F keys in conjunction with Fn enables and disables the Wi-Fi, a few even have a discrete Wi-Fi switch in the case.

Desktops if it doesn't have one can have an internal card fitted to provide Wi-Fi or a USB dongle. The main problem with desktops is where is the Wi-Fi router in relation to the computer. The metal case can reduce signal if the radio signal has to go through
    it to get to the router. Don't use Wi-Fi if there is a viable option to run a LAN cable to the router. Wired connections are faster and much more stable so particularly for desktops would be the preferred option.

HairyFool, Dec 15, 2016
  4. Samuria Win User

You can't use a normal repeater as it has to connect to the router to work assuming you have power power line adapters are the choice they plug into the mains and give you a networking cable or some have wifi as well but cable would be better

Samuria, Dec 15, 2016
Thema:

1. Repeater for getting Wi Fi signal into all-metal outbuilding? - Similar Threads - Repeater getting signal

2. Wi-fi keeps repeatedly disconnecting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-fi keeps repeatedly disconnecting.: I've been having an issue with my wi-fi repeatedly disconnecting, specifically my wireless wi-fi adapter. All the network adapter drivers are updated, the motherboard's BIOS and chipset is also updated, and the drivers as well. I have no idea what could possibly be causing...
  3. Wi-fi keeps repeatedly disconnecting.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-fi keeps repeatedly disconnecting.: I've been having an issue with my wi-fi repeatedly disconnecting, specifically my wireless wi-fi adapter. All the network adapter drivers are updated, the motherboard's BIOS and chipset is also updated, and the drivers as well. I have no idea what could possibly be causing...
  4. Wireless wi fi signal strength low

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless wi fi signal strength low: Recently my wireless wi fi signal has got low in basement for some reason. Have the lowest end router and after contacting cox cable they said i had to many devices on wireless 2-3 they say good, i had 5, but removed 2 of them. Problem started after a rou tv was added, but it...
  5. wi-fi connection repeatedly disconnects and reconnects

wi-fi connection repeatedly disconnects and reconnects: hi ! the question is in the title ! best regards ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-connection-repeatedly-disconnects-and/04a11209-a950-4c27-9668-2fd4d083b040
  6. WI-FI signal low qulity on laptop

WI-FI signal low qulity on laptop: I have Lenovo Windows 10 laptop. Two weeks ago I started having problems with my Wi-Fi connection – the signal quality on my laptop is very low. It's ok when it's connected to my home Wi-Fi network and close to router, but if I move the laptop just 1 meter from the router,...
  7. Can't get wi-fi

Can't get wi-fi: Kids sent Amazone Firestick for Christmas. Can't get it to recognize our wi-fi. Wi-fi setting on computer "says "no wi-fi networks found". Told it Dish Network. No help. Button for wi-fi shows on. I-phone doesn't find wi-fi either. What's wrong....
  8. ASUS loosing wi-fi signal

ASUS loosing wi-fi signal: two years ago i bought an ASUS X541U; after a couple of weeks it started to loose the wifi signal, so i took it back and they replace it with another one (same model).. Same issue started after 3-4 weeks; i tried to contact ASUS and they gave me few options to try like to do...
  9. Low Wi-Fi signal strength on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Low Wi-Fi signal strength on Windows 10: [ATTACH] Do you face low Wi-Fi signal strength on your Windows computer after an update or re-installation? This post talks about a few methods to fix this issue and overcome low signal strength on your computer. With our cognitive revolution, the [...] This post Low Wi-Fi...
  10. Wi-Fi Extender/Repeaters

Wi-Fi Extender/Repeaters: I was wanting to know somethings about those Wi-Fi extenders/repeaters.. Since I Wi-Fi off my sisters modem/router at distance and her cell phone is causing me not to send or receive data till she gets off her phone,, can I use one of them here in my home or does it have to...