Windows 10: replace motherboard: what happens?

Discus and support replace motherboard: what happens? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; If replaced original Foxconn N15235 motherboard (2007): chipset P4M890 Southbridge VT8237A CPU quadcore Q6600 2.4 GHz (socket LGA 775) with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ziomangrovia, Jun 3, 2016.

1. replace motherboard: what happens?

If replaced original Foxconn N15235 motherboard (2007):
    chipset P4M890
    Southbridge VT8237A
    CPU quadcore Q6600 2.4 GHz (socket LGA 775)

with this one:

Asus P5KPL-AM rev. 1.02g
    Chipset è Intel® G31 Intel ICH7
    FSB è 1600*/1333/1066/800 MHz (*1600 is overclock speed)

With the same ram and CPU, Windows 10 is able to start?
    Of course afterwards It will necessary to reinstall driver.

:)

ziomangrovia, Jun 3, 2016
  2. GaryHoff1 Win User

replacing motherboard

Thanks Rob, good answer, I think I got enough from your answer to proceed, I'd have never found thos links without your help.

GaryHoff1, Jun 3, 2016
  3. GaryHoff1 Win User
    replacing motherboard

Thank you that helps

GaryHoff1, Jun 3, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

replace motherboard: what happens?

Hi, your Win 10 license will no longer be valid. You may be able to resolve that by calling MS activation.

There are programs that support such a transfer to new hardware (disk imaging programs). I've never used them for that, so can't comment further, except to point you towards e.g.
    Restore image to any PC/different hardware with EaseUS Todo Backup - Knowledge Base.
    Aomei Backupper Now Includes Restore to Dissimilar Hardware for FREE! | Daves Computer Tips
    ReDeploy a system to new hardware

dalchina, Jun 3, 2016
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    Windows 10 is very tolerant of moving to new hardware and if you are planning on just using the same hard drive with the same install of Windows, you should not have any problems. It should, however, require new activation as stated above.

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

replace motherboard: what happens?

1. replace motherboard: what happens? - Similar Threads - replace motherboard happens

2. motherboard replacement

in Windows 10 Gaming
    motherboard replacement: I got a motherboard replace and the technician install Windows on it. When I got home I found out that my Windows is not activated at all. I run the troubleshooter and it didn't resolve my issue. I have Windows 10 before and it came from the free upgrade when its free.How can...
  3. motherboard replacement

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    motherboard replacement: I got a motherboard replace and the technician install Windows on it. When I got home I found out that my Windows is not activated at all. I run the troubleshooter and it didn't resolve my issue. I have Windows 10 before and it came from the free upgrade when its free.How can...
  4. replacing motherboard

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    replacing motherboard: My laptop has a dead USB C port. I am getting the motherboard replaced. I was told to remove bitlocker. That is fine I understand that. But they are also asking me to remove PIN and password because after board replacement the PIN and password wont work? does this sound...
  5. replacing motherboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    replacing motherboard: My laptop has a dead USB C port. I am getting the motherboard replaced. I was told to remove bitlocker. That is fine I understand that. But they are also asking me to remove PIN and password because after board replacement the PIN and password wont work? does this sound...
  6. replacing motherboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Motherboard replacement

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Motherboard replacement: Hi, Is it possible to replace the motherboard in my Dell Inspiron 3847 to allow for a TPM chip? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/motherboard-replacement/e8383a01-cb84-4ddc-9232-d55c2b894c6b
  8. Motherboard replacement

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Motherboard replacement: Hi, Is it possible to replace the motherboard in my Dell Inspiron 3847 to allow for a TPM chip? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/motherboard-replacement/e8383a01-cb84-4ddc-9232-d55c2b894c6b
  9. What is this problem, Happens with my laptop sometimes , I had my motherboard replaced a...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is this problem, Happens with my laptop sometimes , I had my motherboard replaced a...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Jaz108 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hb7cc2/what_is_this_problem_happens_with_my_laptop/
  10. replacing motherboard

in Windows 10 Support
    replacing motherboard: Guys, I'm planning to change my motherboard soon (defective ports and still USB 2.0) to a more recent motherboard. Coming from windows 7, I understand that replacing the parts would require a reinstall of the OS but maybe it will be a different case for win10. Just wishful...