Windows 10: Replace OneDrive icon in explorer with Google Drive

Discus and support Replace OneDrive icon in explorer with Google Drive in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Anyway to do this? I don't use Onedrive at all, i do use Google Drive, i just want to replace that shortcut to lead to google drive instead of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RealPetChicken, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Replace OneDrive icon in explorer with Google Drive

Anyway to do this? I don't use Onedrive at all, i do use Google Drive, i just want to replace that shortcut to lead to google drive instead of onedrive? maybe editing through regedit? Thanks everyone.

Replace OneDrive icon in explorer with Google Drive [​IMG]

:)

RealPetChicken, Aug 5, 2015
  2. RCJ1 Win User

Missing OneDrive in Windows 10 upgrade

I also am missing OneDrive. Trying to open the folder, or even save to it, in File Explorer starts the wizard to connect to my MS OneDrive account, but it crashes at the file-location verification step--EVERY TIME. So I have no icon to set the folders I
    want to sync, no anything. An hour and a half online with support was useless, the tech wound up telling me, "It appears the OneDrive application is not working correctly."

YA THINK?

No solution whatsoever.

So I'm deciding whether to use Google Drive or Dropbox to replace Onedrive, which apparently MS cannot, to this day, figure out (I've had problems with it in 8.1 continually).

To date I have seen no posted solution to this problem.

RCJ1, Aug 5, 2015
  3. Icon Overlays less than 15

This problem has existed for a very long time without a fix. Considering all of the cloud drive options available, I urge Microsoft to take a look at finally fixing this problem. It also effects OneDrive.

See this article dated AUGUST 9, 2016.

THE BATTLE TO OWN WINDOWS EXPLORER SHELL OVERLAY ICONS, OR WHY
    YOUR ONEDRIVE GREEN TICKS HAVE STOPPED WORKING

I created a batch program to make edits for DropBox and Google Drive.

Icon Overlays Manager - Version 2018-02-28.bat

You can easily make changes to this for other sync drives.

Robert Mahn, Aug 5, 2015
  4. bradtke Win User

Replace OneDrive icon in explorer with Google Drive

I was also looking for this and my starting point was the known solution to hide the OneDrive Icon in the Explorer. So there had to be some more Options in the registry.
    In the key
    I found the entry "TargetKnownFolder" with value "{a52bba46-e9e1-435f-b3d9-28daa648c0f6}"

This could to be a reference to the actual Folder. So i was searching for this reference in the whole registry and found three entries.

The first is the only full path i found and i replaced it with my current Google Drive Folder path (D:\Google Drive)

The other two entries are similar and i replaced every value which had formerly the string "OneDrive" with "Google Drive" (I don't know if this is necessary)

After a restart, my Explorer Looks like this:

It is not yet perfect but it is what i wanted. And i guess it is what you was looking for.

More things to find out is how to replace the Icon and the displayed name.

bradtke, Sep 1, 2015
  5. At least it's something, thanks for the post.

RealPetChicken, Sep 10, 2015
  6. michael00 Win User
    Hi there,

I was just following your instructions when I found the following:

The first registry entry you posted
    "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}"
    contains a key (hope it's called key) called (default), the value is "One Drive". I renamed it to "Google Drive" et voila, my explorer now shows Google Drive as name of the folder instead of OneDrive.

Edit: And in the same folder there is a folder called "DefaultIcon", maybe this is the path to the icon. I will try this one.

Second edit: yeah, got it. I tried to change the "DefaultIcon" value to the path of a png file, which didn't work. But this did: "path-to-where-google-drive-is-installed\googledrivesync.exe,0"

michael00, Sep 20, 2015
  7. the registry changes only last for about a minute when the system starts. Then the path in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders changes back, automatically, to '%USERPROFILE%\onedrive'

Anyway around this?

jamiiis2325, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Replace OneDrive icon in explorer with Google Drive

1. Replace OneDrive icon in explorer with Google Drive - Similar Threads - Replace OneDrive icon

2. Google Drive on Windows Explorer no syncing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google Drive on Windows Explorer no syncing: I added Google Drive to my windows explorer. I then proceeded to update some folder names and add some files inside that "attached" drive. When I went to look for the new folders and files via my phone hooked to my Google Drive, those new folders/files were not showing up....
  3. Adding google drive to File explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Adding google drive to File explorer: how do I add my google drive to my file explorer so i can save files to it like i do to One drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-google-drive-to-file-explorer/1a8bcfe5-7efc-4203-8517-937286c5e67d
  4. Adding google drive to File explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding google drive to File explorer: how do I add my google drive to my file explorer so i can save files to it like i do to One drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-google-drive-to-file-explorer/1a8bcfe5-7efc-4203-8517-937286c5e67d
  5. Windows Explorer Search in Google Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer Search in Google Drive: Hello All, I've noticed when I do a keyword search in Windows Explorer that it fails to find files that match my search. I'm using Windows Explorer to search Google Drive. Any suggestions ?...
  6. Clarification on Cloud drive: Onedrive and Google Drive

Clarification on Cloud drive: Onedrive and Google Drive: I want to ask for clarification on using and syncing files in both Google drive and One drive on the same computer.I use 2 Emails for saving and syncing files 1. Wk.........*** Email address is removed for privacy *** Email is hidden for personal privacy: I use this email for...
  7. onedrive / google drive on Linux

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    onedrive / google drive on Linux: Hi folks 1) Install rclone on Linux via your package manager - on arch / manjaro it's in the AUR (yay rclone) 2) follow these instructions after installing rclone (start at step 2 in the instructions !! skip step 1 -- install via your own package manager) How To Mount...
  8. Is Microsoft OneDrive Deleting Google Drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is Microsoft OneDrive Deleting Google Drive?: I use Google Drive, simple to install and use. And OneDrive comes along. It has all the hallmarks of a malware. It insists on reinstalling itself even after being removed. You seemed to have hired a programmer who worked on malware. Some malware writers probably worked...
  9. OneDrive replacement

OneDrive replacement: I have been locked out of my OneDrive account and cannot recover it. I purchased another Office365 Home account and now have a new OneDrive account. My previous OneDrive account was synched to a PC, Laptop, iPad and iPhone, How do I get my old OneDrive files onto the new...
  10. Icons for Drives in Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons for Drives in Explorer: Hi folks I've just inserted a MicroSD Card into my Surface Pro 4. It shows up with an Icon depicting the Surface Pro. However, I'd like it to show the standard Windows symbol for this drive. I've tried to delete the iconcache, tried to add a new registry key, deleted the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. replace onedrive with google drive

2. hkey_local_machine\software\wow6432node\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\folderdescriptions\{a52bba46-e9e1-435f-b3d9-28daa648c0f6}