Windows 10: Replacement for Vista's Windows DVD Maker program

Discus and support Replacement for Vista's Windows DVD Maker program in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Coming from Windows Vista to Windows 10. Have used both the Windows Movie Maker and Windows DVD Maker on Vista. I see there is a compatible version of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jrih, Jul 21, 2015.

1. jrih Win User

Replacement for Vista's Windows DVD Maker program

Coming from Windows Vista to Windows 10. Have used both the Windows Movie Maker and Windows DVD Maker on Vista. I see there is a compatible version of Windows Movie Maker available for W10 and I have installed it. However, I'll be darned if I can find a standalone download for Windows DVD Maker (which was baked into the Vista OS) anywhere. Or perhaps, someone can suggest another suitable program? Any help is appreciated.

:)

2. Andre Da Costa, Jul 21, 2015
  3. Replacement for DVD Maker in Windows !0

What is the best replacement for Microsoft DVD Maker in Windows 10? I need a program that will create a looping DVD without menus.

DouglasDownie, Jul 21, 2015
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there

Do you actually want to make Physical DVD's or simply create MKV / MP4 for viewing on computers / phones etc.

If want DVD authoring software then try some of these :

Best Free DVD Authoring Software | Gizmo's Freeware

I've used Devede in the past for creating physical DVD's from video files --although it runs better on Linux. There is a Windows version but whether that's maintained any more I don't know.

I don't bother with DVD's any more these days though.

For viewing on TV's / remote devices - just make MP4's or MKV's and use any old DLNA server (e.g PLEX / MEZZMO or whatever) to dish the video content to your remote play back device(s) - local or remote.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jul 21, 2015
  5. jrih Win User
    Thanks jimbo45 for the reply & suggestions. Yes ... DVD authoring software. I use it rarely, but like to have it available to make DVD's for family members or friends that don't have other options available like PLEX, etc. I was actually thinking of DVDFlick if I can't get Windows DVD Maker back. Appreciate your help!

6. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

DEveDE still works on Windows -- although you could get an error -- I created a DVD (Physical) of a TV series I'd downloaded from a torrent just to see if it still works --was able to add subtitles too.

Use a DVD+R or DVD+RW - they work better than the DVD-R/RW stuff.

Takes an age though even on a decently powerful machine.

BTW for converting Video files say AVI to mkv etc don't forget Handbrake -- but that's purely a transcoder.

Linux version

DevedeNG

Windows (Old)

Downloading DeVeDe for Windows v3.17.0 Build 2...

Be careful though of all green arrows etc -- ensure you get the CORRECT download.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jul 21, 2015
  7. jrih Win User
    Great suggestions, jimbo. Thanks a bunch!

jrih, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Replacement for Vista's Windows DVD Maker program - Similar Threads - Replacement Vista's DVD

2. Windows Vista application replaced ALL system icons to vista icons!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Vista application replaced ALL system icons to vista icons!: How do I change all the icons back to Windows 10 icons! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-vista-application-replaced-all-system/638188a4-820d-402b-bf6c-73d1377504da
  3. Windows DVD Maker on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows DVD Maker on Windows 10?: Something I really miss in Windows 10 is the Windows DVD Maker. I tried to get it running on Windows 10 by copying the DVD Maker directory from Windows 7 over to Windows 10. When I run it, I get the following error: [IMG] I know there are other DVD making programs out...
  4. Windows DVD maker for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows DVD maker for Windows 10: Can I buy a windows dvd maker for windows 10 ***Modified title from: Windows 10*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-dvd-maker-for-windows-10/580ac43e-f0be-415c-aa13-e660086165a1
  5. Windows DVD Maker - Pro

Windows DVD Maker - Pro: Hello, Ref: https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders/details?orderId=0405c318-d121-4c07-a972-2334309fce74 We just purchased Windows DVD Maker - Pro ($10.81) from your Microsoft Store (see Order number 6736464628, June 4, 2019). However, we did "not" receive an email...
  6. Windows DVD maker

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows DVD maker: I have windows 10, but like the ease of the old windows DVD maker supported by windows 7, how can I get to use the old version? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-dvd-maker/940c08f9-3f24-4330-9ce7-ba240631f05c
  7. Replacing audio with movie maker

Replacing audio with movie maker: I want to replace the audio at only a particular place in my video. I have gone through the tutorial that first go to edit tab and the click the video volume button and move the slider to the left (mute the original audio) and then add new audio at the current place. My doubt...
  8. DVD maker software

DVD maker software: Hello Forum, Can someone recommend for a dvd maker program (free if possible), to be able to do menus \ chapters, save the output to the hard disk. To burn it on a dvd disk I have a nice program "CD Burner xp" it is way better then the windows built in burning program....
  9. Was Windows DVD Maker ported to Windows 10?

Was Windows DVD Maker ported to Windows 10?: Does anyone know if Windows DVD Maker was ported to Windows 10? 91241
  10. DVD maker and movie maker

DVD maker and movie maker: I still don't get why MS ripped these neat programs out. They were certainly available in Windows 7, no idea about whether they were in 8 as I skipped right over that OS. I am interested in trying to install them on my Windows 10 laptop. I know they can be re acquired via...