Windows 10: Replacing a laptop (log in MSAccount)

Discus and support Replacing a laptop (log in MSAccount) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I log in with a pin to the current laptop. I'm replacing this laptop this week. Will it automatically show up in the list of equipment in my MSAccount?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Rose W, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Rose W Win User

Replacing a laptop (log in MSAccount)

I log in with a pin to the current laptop. I'm replacing this laptop this week. Will it automatically show up in the list of equipment in my MSAccount?
    I looked through tutorials but wasn't clear on exactly what topic this fitted into.
    Do I continue to log in with the same pin with the new laptop.
    (The desktop does not have a log in) The plan is to clear out and remove the original laptop from use.

Rose

:)

Rose W, Jul 27, 2018
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Jul 27, 2018
  3. Laptop problem: Black vertical "sidebar" [Update]

I will try that... do you think I have complete access to replace the monitor cable without dismantling the laptop from step 1? *Eek! Replacing a laptop (log in MSAccount) :eek:
    Tbh it's a bit scary.

Black Panther, Jul 27, 2018
  4. Jelo Sen Win User

Windows 10 freezing at log in

Hello Frank,

A failed update or one-time startup process can sometimes cause stopping, freezing, or reboot-loop issues during the login process. To isolate the issue, we suggest that you answer the following questions:

• Do you have a USB device attached? If yes, can you remove the device and log in again.
    • Have you tried turning off the WiFi feature in your laptop before logging in?
    • How about running a Startup Repair in your Windows 10 laptop? (Boot to Advanced Startup Options>Click on Troubleshoot> Click on Advanced options> Click on Startup Repair)
    • Aside from the above steps, what other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, Jul 27, 2018
Thema:

1. Replacing a laptop (log in MSAccount) - Similar Threads - Replacing laptop log

2. Not to be log into laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not to be log into laptop: I have Dell Inspiron 14 5000 2 in 1 laptop and everyday I log into it by scanning my fingerprint, but yesterday after I tried to scan and kept it for 2-3sec now it is asking for pin only and even after writing the correct pin and password I am not able to log in and it is...
  3. Replacing the storage of a laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Replacing the storage of a laptop: I'm trying to upgrade my storage of my laptop, I have been having some issues with my current HDD and I'm taking the chance to change it to a SSD, I want to know how to do this without loosing my windows license. The laptop was bought new from HP, it came already with a...
  4. Log into laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Log into laptop: Hi, I cannot log into my laptop. Here is what happened. The laptop is using a gmail account that was setup, but the microsoft account associated with this email is no longer there. So i recreated the microsoft account with this email and I have tried to login into the...
  5. Logging on to laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Logging on to laptop: I am not able to log onto my evvo laptop. I've been on my from on Microsoft's web site several times to reset my password and it does not work. I still get the incorrect password message. What can I do to finally get into this laptop....
  6. Laptop log in

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop log in: My laptop QWERTY is malfunctioning the "i" is stuck. My laptop access password requires an "i" so now I can't log in. How do I reset the password from another computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-log-in/3fb92135-24d8-49c0-844b-7bf9df69587b
  7. log on to laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    log on to laptop: My password for microsoft account is not letting me log on to my laptop. have to option for other user but that won't let me log in either. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/log-on-to-laptop/3e311ca1-45e3-4da2-b269-883ee9b003c9
  8. Logging into Laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Logging into Laptop: Help! I enter in my Password for the microsoft login to get into my laptop and it says "user profile service service failed the sign-in. user profile cannot be loaded" i have no idea what this means...
  9. MSAccount Needs Attention - Return yet again of an old issue

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    MSAccount Needs Attention - Return yet again of an old issue: Old Thread, return of same issue. Account needs attention/Fix me throws error ox80070057 - which as near as I can tell refers to acl as to file(s) and/or registry keys. I don't think its the Win Pro 64 Build 11102...because i can make an iso, either from this one's esd file...
  10. Default User Name in HKLM-Winlogon & change in MSaccount log in

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Default User Name in HKLM-Winlogon & change in MSaccount log in: While inspecting the HKLM\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\Current Version\winlogon I noticed the Default User Name still holds a previous record of previous ISP email address existing previous to Jan 2015. I did go into the Microsoft account and change the default email for...