Windows 10: Replacing a laptop (log in MSAccount)

Discus and support Replacing a laptop (log in MSAccount) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I log in with a pin to the current laptop. I'm replacing this laptop this week. Will it automatically show up in the list of equipment in my MSAccount?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Rose W, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Rose W Win User

Replacing a laptop (log in MSAccount)

I log in with a pin to the current laptop. I'm replacing this laptop this week. Will it automatically show up in the list of equipment in my MSAccount?
    I looked through tutorials but wasn't clear on exactly what topic this fitted into.
    Do I continue to log in with the same pin with the new laptop.
    (The desktop does not have a log in) The plan is to clear out and remove the original laptop from use.

Rose

:)

Rose W, Jul 27, 2018
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Jul 27, 2018
  3. Black Panther Win User
    Laptop problem: Black vertical "sidebar" [Update]

I will try that... do you think I have complete access to replace the monitor cable without dismantling the laptop from step 1? *Eek! Replacing a laptop (log in MSAccount) :eek:
    Tbh it's a bit scary.

Black Panther, Jul 27, 2018
  4. Jelo Sen Win User

Windows 10 freezing at log in

Hello Frank,

A failed update or one-time startup process can sometimes cause stopping, freezing, or reboot-loop issues during the login process. To isolate the issue, we suggest that you answer the following questions:

• Do you have a USB device attached? If yes, can you remove the device and log in again.
    • Have you tried turning off the WiFi feature in your laptop before logging in?
    • How about running a Startup Repair in your Windows 10 laptop? (Boot to Advanced Startup Options>Click on Troubleshoot> Click on Advanced options> Click on Startup Repair)
    • Aside from the above steps, what other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, Jul 27, 2018
Thema:

1. Replacing a laptop (log in MSAccount) - Similar Threads - Replacing laptop log

2. Are charging sockets replaceable in laptops?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Are charging sockets replaceable in laptops?: I have a Dell Inspiron i5577-7342BLK-PUS,15.6" Gaming Laptop, (Intel Core i7,16GB,512GB SSD),NVIDIA GTX 1050. I don't know if the charging port/socket is replaceable if it ever gets worn out. I know Dell is known for making their parts repairable, so, thanks in advance...
  3. Log-in Password for laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Log-in Password for laptop: How do I change my log-in password for my laptop? I am using Win10 and have a Lenovo laptop. When I try to log-in it tells me I am using the wrong password and to go to manage.account.com but once there where do I go to make change? Thanks for your help. Jim...
  4. Need a new replacement charger for a laptop.

Need a new replacement charger for a laptop.: I've recently lost a charger for the laptop: Dell Inspiron 13 i3378-3340GRY-PUS 2 in 1 PC. I'm trying to find a compatible charger to purchase, is there one with a price under $30?...
  5. Issue with logging in on to old laptop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Issue with logging in on to old laptop: Here is the deal. Long time ago (6 months or so) I installed windows 10 on my old laptop. Today I accidentally locked my stuff (new laptop, everything) at the office, so decided to go home and use my old laptop for work. However, I have already updated my windows profile with...
  6. Default User Name in HKLM-Winlogon & change in MSaccount log in

Default User Name in HKLM-Winlogon & change in MSaccount log in: While inspecting the HKLM\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\Current Version\winlogon I noticed the Default User Name still holds a previous record of previous ISP email address existing previous to Jan 2015. I did go into the Microsoft account and change the default email for...
  7. Problems logging into desktop, after logging into new laptop

Problems logging into desktop, after logging into new laptop: Hi All, My desktop (running insider preview 16257) was working fine up until yesterday. Then I got a new laptop and proceeded to set it up, including logging in with my MS account. This is the first time I've logged into two machines with the same MS account. Prior to this...
  8. Laptop Power Supply Replacement Q

Laptop Power Supply Replacement Q: I want to be sure my advice is correct. When replacing a modern laptop power supply, is it important that the voltage and the amperage of the new supply match the old supply exactly? She's got a replacement that is 4.74 amps and the original is 2.37. (for both the...
  9. replace dead hard drive for laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    replace dead hard drive for laptop: Here is the situation My wife has a Toshiba laptop that crashed, the hard drive is done. I have done everything that I have been able to looking at tutorials etc to revive it, its dead jim. I even tried to wipe the hard drive and it would have none of it. My Toshiba laptop...
  10. Failing to replace failing laptop hard drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Failing to replace failing laptop hard drive: Toshiba C55 series with a failing hard drive. My first attempt was to clone the drives using my Acronis True Image 2015. Formatted the new drive and placed in the PC. Old HD in a USB drive enclosure. Booted from the TI "Bootable Rescue Media.." As soon as it started to...