Replacing a laptop (log in MSAccount)

Discus and support Replacing a laptop (log in MSAccount) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I log in with a pin to the current laptop. I'm replacing this laptop this week. Will it automatically show up in the list of equipment in my MSAccount?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Rose W, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Rose W Win User

I log in with a pin to the current laptop. I'm replacing this laptop this week. Will it automatically show up in the list of equipment in my MSAccount?
    I looked through tutorials but wasn't clear on exactly what topic this fitted into.
    Do I continue to log in with the same pin with the new laptop.
    (The desktop does not have a log in) The plan is to clear out and remove the original laptop from use.

Rose

:)

Rose W, Jul 27, 2018
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Jul 27, 2018
  3. Black Panther Win User
    Laptop problem: Black vertical "sidebar" [Update]

I will try that... do you think I have complete access to replace the monitor cable without dismantling the laptop from step 1? *Eek! Replacing a laptop (log in MSAccount) :eek:
    Tbh it's a bit scary.

Black Panther, Jul 27, 2018
  4. Jelo Sen Win User

Windows 10 freezing at log in

Hello Frank,

A failed update or one-time startup process can sometimes cause stopping, freezing, or reboot-loop issues during the login process. To isolate the issue, we suggest that you answer the following questions:

• Do you have a USB device attached? If yes, can you remove the device and log in again.
    • Have you tried turning off the WiFi feature in your laptop before logging in?
    • How about running a Startup Repair in your Windows 10 laptop? (Boot to Advanced Startup Options>Click on Troubleshoot> Click on Advanced options> Click on Startup Repair)
    • Aside from the above steps, what other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, Jul 27, 2018
Thema:

1. Replacing a laptop (log in MSAccount) - Similar Threads - Replacing laptop log

2. I have error (Log file:C\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I have error (Log file:C\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt): I have this error ... Log file:C\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt ... but i have windows 10 Home preinstall on my Yoga 920 .I can not instaled windows.First time I want upgrade windows 10 pro and after i have this error.Please help me .[ATTACH]...
  3. Why will utorrent not install on to my windows 10 laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why will utorrent not install on to my windows 10 laptop?: Utorrent will not run on my laptop does any1 know why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_music/why-will-utorrent-not-install-on-to-my-windows-10/80aaf0da-6166-4021-b285-e639215cfcca
  4. Laptop won't connect to Internet. Help!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop won't connect to Internet. Help!: Laptop won't connect to Internet "can't connect" or "no Internet" messages. Other devices working fine. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/laptop-wont-connect-to-internet-help/81ad70b4-bb2b-4aeb-a5c1-935e3c56349c
  5. Error when upgrading my Surface Laptop device from Windows 10 Pro in S mode to just Windows...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error when upgrading my Surface Laptop device from Windows 10 Pro in S mode to just Windows...: Talked to support to escalate the issue of not being able to switch out of S Mode. They couldn't fix it after hours of troubleshooting. Many restarts, updates, diagnostic testing, info gathering.... Nothing! My laptop is brand new! I have not heard back from support so I...
  6. Every 5-10 seconds, my laptop will stutter, causing the cursor to jump, audio to buzz,...

Every 5-10 seconds, my laptop will stutter, causing the cursor to jump, audio to buzz,...: I run Windows 10 on a Dell Precision M6400, a rather old PC that I have been able to upgrade throughout the years with little to no problems. Recently, I've been experiencing sudden bursts of lag, causing pretty much anything on the PC to halt any operator. These bursts of...
  7. Can not log into safe mode with CORRECT Microsoft password and my account is an...

Can not log into safe mode with CORRECT Microsoft password and my account is an...: I have googled this problem that I am just now experiencing. I have a virus on another computer, and I have tried everything that I've read and can't solve this. Who do I have to **** to get an answer?...
  8. Laptop wont update after switching off.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop wont update after switching off.: So I was updating to Windows 10 1803, when my laptop ran out of charge, I didn't realize it wasn't plugged in. The error code is 0xc1900101, which means there has been a rollback. When I click Check for updates in Updates and Security, I just get error code 0x80096004. Help?...
  9. On Laptop Win10 Sliders don't show in fullscreen Programs

On Laptop Win10 Sliders don't show in fullscreen Programs: I have a new acer laptop, I manually install Win10 Enterprise LTSB2016 with a full wipe, and already downloaded the newest updates. System version 14393. I've noticed that when I am playing fullscreen games, those brightness and volume adjust sliders on top left of the screen...
  10. Internet on my Laptop suddenly slowed down.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet on my Laptop suddenly slowed down.: Hello, my laptop internet speeds suddenly slowed down a lot to just 2 mbps download and about 6 mbps upload. It is only on my this Dell laptop and no other devices. I do have windows 10 which came with the computer. I have also tried everything i found on the internet. Any...