Windows 10: Replacing hardware/activation?

Discus and support Replacing hardware/activation? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The short story is motherboards Asrock AliveNF6G-VSTA ddr2 and Gigabyte GA 790X-UD3 ddr2 simply aren't supported and there are definitely win10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by upcoast, Sep 19, 2015.

1. upcoast Win User

Replacing hardware/activation?

The short story is motherboards Asrock AliveNF6G-VSTA ddr2 and Gigabyte GA 790X-UD3 ddr2 simply aren't supported and there are definitely win10 failures with chipset compatibility on these two boards.

I've activated both boards through MS free win 10 upgrade ( both have been clean installed also now, win 7 restore is gone) but now I need to replace the boards so how do I do this with out having to buy another win10 disc, do I reinstall win7 and start over on the new boards, is it possible to start win 10 upgrade over before the July 30 2016 deadline?

:)

upcoast, Sep 19, 2015
  2. WindowsOS Win User

hardware replacement

If you have replaced your Motherboard your Windows 10 license is now invalid. You can only replace your hard drive, video card and memory sticks without your activation key becoming invalid.

WindowsOS, Sep 19, 2015
  3. hardware replacement

Hello Adam,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community.

From the description provided, I understand that you want to revalidate the copy of Windows 10 installed on your computer after changing the motherboard.

To be able to assist you better, please let us know if Windows 7 came preloaded with your computer? If so, changing the motherboard will invalidate the license which means that your Windows will no longer have a qualifying license status. You will
    have to contact the computer assembler/manufacturer's website for further information.

For further reference on visit the below link on Get Help Activating Microsoft Windows.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/950929

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Sep 19, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Replace the boards, see what happens. If problems contact Microsoft and see if they will allow you to activate. Since you are replacing the boards due to compatibility problems with Windows 10, I believe they will.

Ztruker, Sep 19, 2015
Thema:

1. Replacing hardware/activation? - Similar Threads - Replacing hardware activation

2. can't activate windows after replacing hardware

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    can't activate windows after replacing hardware: i bought windows 10 home. I installed it on dell vostro 3670. my computer is broken. I have replaced the motherboard and the hard drive. now I can't activate windows can't find product key. I don't save purchase email. order history doesn't contain product key. i signed in...
  3. can't activate windows after replacing hardware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't activate windows after replacing hardware: i bought windows 10 home. I installed it on dell vostro 3670. my computer is broken. I have replaced the motherboard and the hard drive. now I can't activate windows can't find product key. I don't save purchase email. order history doesn't contain product key. i signed in...
  4. can't activate windows after replacing hardware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. hardware replaced and windows not activating

hardware replaced and windows not activating: hellothe harddrive was replaced but now windows is not activating- i tried all the ways which mention on microsft page but failed. i installed showkeyplus and get the key but that also not working. initially i had windws 8 and later microsoft gave option to upgrade to windows...
  6. Activation after full hardware replacement

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activation after full hardware replacement: I've been on this for a while. I have both the old and the new computers plugged in at the moment but realize that at some point I can't do that. I'm doing it because I needed to figure out my activation status. I confirmed that Win10 Pro is activated and linked to my...
  7. activation after hardware replacement

activation after hardware replacement: yesterday i replaced my mobo, cpu, ram and psu, my harddrive stayed the same. after the replacement i performed a system recovery. Now there is a mark that says: "activate windows." I used the troubleshoot option but it didn't work....
  8. Can't activate after replacing hardware

Can't activate after replacing hardware: Hi I have just this afternoon completed the replacement of my husband's mobo, CPU and memory. I've tried activating the pc although I had to change the password but that was eventually completed satifactorily. I then tried activating Windows and was told they couldn't...
  9. Activate Windows after replacing hardware

Activate Windows after replacing hardware: Hi! I just recently changed my hardware. (New CPU, RAM and MB) Now my problem is I have to reactivate Windows 10. However, when I try to do so it says that "We can't activate Windows on this device. Try again later". Also I don't know how to find my product key again...
  10. Activating Windows 10 After Replacing Hardware

Activating Windows 10 After Replacing Hardware: Hello everyone! I have a question and I apologize if this has been discussed earlier. I am really confused about how activation now works with Windows 10. I hope someone can help me understand. Say I have a PC that had Window 7 with an OEM license installed, and then it was...