Windows 10: Replacing individual MS Office components

Discus and support Replacing individual MS Office components in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I recently upgraded from Vista to Win10, and at the same time replaced Office 2007 with Office 2010. Everything is hunky-dory with one notable... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Electrojim, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Replacing individual MS Office components

I recently upgraded from Vista to Win10, and at the same time replaced Office 2007 with Office 2010.

Everything is hunky-dory with one notable exception. I use MS Publisher a lot for graphic design, but have found what looks like a bug in the Office 2010 version. It has to do with placing things precisely on the Publisher page, and is summed-up in my posting to the MS Answers support group here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...0-9422c8594c4b

This 'bug' is a show-stopper in my use of Publisher, and both MS and their forum are of no help at all. My question here is this... can Publisher 2007 be added to Office 2010 individually? Does Publisher 2010 have to be removed first? I'm fearful of corrupting the entire installation, so I haven't tried this myself yet. Any help is much appreciated.

:)

Electrojim, Sep 16, 2017
  2. Palcouk Win User

Office 2016 programs are not grouped under Microsoft Office 2016

Under win10 both in Office 2013 & 2016 the individual components have always been listed Alphabetically

The only MS Office entry was for Office Tools

Palcouk, Sep 16, 2017
  3. Problems created by Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Most likely we only have Office 2010, Office 2013, and Office 2016. To troubleshoot your concern, you can also install or remove individual Office programs and components. Follow the steps provided on this

link
    . Regarding your concern about contacts, can you access your email account via Time Warner's domain using a web browser?

Thank you.

Stephanie Sal, Sep 16, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

Replacing individual MS Office components

I'd try a Repair of Office 2010 or a Custom install and leave out Publisher then do a Custom install of Office 2007 choosing only Publisher. It may end up having to remove Office 2010 first then install only Publisher 2007 then Office 2010 leaving out Publisher. Caveat: Office 2010 was the first to be available as either 32-bit or 64-bit but my Office 2010 64-bit wouldn't cohabitat with 2003 FrontPage, had to remove FP.

Berton, Sep 16, 2017
Thema:

Replacing individual MS Office components

1. Replacing individual MS Office components - Similar Threads - Replacing individual Office

2. MS Office

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Office: How to upgrade Microsoft word/officde from 2019 to 2021?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-office/6c6cf6e5-cd1c-4f47-9c5d-c257520afff1
  3. replace the 2019 MS Office email address with a valid address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    replace the 2019 MS Office email address with a valid address: I bought MS office 2019 in Mar 2020. Yesterday I had to restart the laptop because it was getting slow. After the restart was completed, I find I cannot use MS office 2019. The software wants the email and password that I used in Mar 2020. I know both the email address used...
  4. replace the 2019 MS Office email address with a valid address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    replace the 2019 MS Office email address with a valid address: I bought MS office 2019 in Mar 2020. Yesterday I had to restart the laptop because it was getting slow. After the restart was completed, I find I cannot use MS office 2019. The software wants the email and password that I used in Mar 2020. I know both the email address used...
  5. replace the 2019 MS Office email address with a valid address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. A replacement or a fix to MS Office Outlook 2013

in Browsers and Email
    A replacement or a fix to MS Office Outlook 2013: The laptop I use for work has an MS Office 2013 Professional , where I used to rely heavily on MS Outlook as my email app of choice , around late 2018 and all gmail accounts I store in outlook keep failing to log and on loading them in a web browser they do tend to hint they...
  7. Does Libre Office really replace MS Office using Windows 10

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Does Libre Office really replace MS Office using Windows 10: I am buying a new laptop with Windows 10 and have been using MS Office 2013 however my new computer does not have Office. Will Libre Office work as a replacement for Office. Will it be able to read files docx ? I am in a quandary whether to purchase MS office Home or not at...
  8. Office 2016 - Uninstall Individual Programs?

Office 2016 - Uninstall Individual Programs?: I've just replaced Office 2010 with Office 2016. Office 2010 had an option to selectively install individual Office components but I can't find a way of doing this in Office 2016. Has anyone found a way of selectively configuring Office 2016 to remove some of the bloatware I...
  9. Uninstalling individual Office 365 apps

Uninstalling individual Office 365 apps: I got the free trial version of Office and was planning on buying it after my trial is over. However, I'm wondering if there's a way to only install or keep certain programs? I don't use most of them. I have the entire Office suite already installed on my PC so I'm trying to...
  10. replace MS office Home and Student 2010 with Libre office

replace MS office Home and Student 2010 with Libre office: I don't want to lose all my information that is currently in word format. Do I install Libreoffice first then use add remove to remove MS to switch and keep my files? I do not know how to make the transition and not lose my data in my desktop and also two flash drives....