Windows 10: Replacing start button in Windows 10!

Discus and support Replacing start button in Windows 10! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Can I replace the start button in Windows 10 for free without using Classic Shell? Thanks in advance. Matthew. 72470 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mebienpesa, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Replacing start button in Windows 10!

Can I replace the start button in Windows 10 for free without using Classic Shell?
    Thanks in advance.
    Matthew.

:)

mebienpesa, Dec 14, 2016

2. Replacing Windows 10 Start Button

You can change the look and feel of Windows as per your need. Microsoft, in no ways, prevents any customization of Windows.

E for Excel, Dec 14, 2016
  3. FishManT Win User
    Replacing Windows 10 Start Button

Many thanks to both E for Excel and SarahKong! Problem solved Replacing start button in Windows 10! :)

FishManT, Dec 14, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Replacing start button in Windows 10!

dalchina, Dec 14, 2016
  5. JohnBurns Win User
    Or you can use Classic Shell - nice program

JohnBurns, Dec 14, 2016
  6. mykou Win User
    I no longer prefer startisback Dalchina *Smile since CSM is free, allows to set full transparent custom backgrounds and works with everything search ^^

Replacing start button in Windows 10! [​IMG]

Regards

mykou, Dec 14, 2016
  7. SonicBlue Win User
    I am a Classic Shell fan also. It will allow you to configure and use the Windows start menu if you prefer. I have the CS menu configured to my middle mouse button.
    As for start buttons I will eventually be posting the collection I have been making that consist of a large variety of football, baseball, college football, super hero, cartoons, military and much more.

SonicBlue, Dec 15, 2016
  8. Replacing start button in Windows 10!

Hi! Everyone who responded to my question:"Thank you so much for all your excellent input and I think I'll use Classic Shell! I'm looking forward to your collection of Start button SonicBlue! Thanks again and "Happy Holidays!"
    Matthew.

mebienpesa, Dec 15, 2016
  9. dalchina New Member
    Good choice. It works properly; Win 10's default start menu doesn't for a larger hierarchical menu organised with subfolders, and supports drag 'n' drop. You can still use Win 10's start menu, and you can search for apps and launch them from CS's search field, which is much more easily configurable than Win 10's.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Replacing start button in Windows 10!

1. Replacing start button in Windows 10! - Similar Threads - Replacing start button

2. SN Says Copilot replacing Start button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SN Says Copilot replacing Start button: I had a good laugh at the Copilot vs Start button comment. For many years started sometime during Win7 I have not used the Start icon for anything more than its Rt Clk/Win+X menu. Apps are accessed via a FE window that lives on the taskbar or via other...
  3. SN Says Copilot replacing Start button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SN Says Copilot replacing Start button: I had a good laugh at the Copilot vs Start button comment. For many years started sometime during Win7 I have not used the Start icon for anything more than its Rt Clk/Win+X menu. Apps are accessed via a FE window that lives on the taskbar or via other...
  4. Windows 10 start button and notifications button not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 start button and notifications button not working: Hello,In last 2 months I have a strange problem with 4 different computers, where start and notification button stop working. All for computers have common this things:- Domain computer- Windows 10 21H2- Office 2021 Home and Business-...
  5. Windows 10 start button and notifications button not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 start button and notifications button not working: Hello,In last 2 months I have a strange problem with 4 different computers, where start and notification button stop working. All for computers have common this things:- Domain computer- Windows 10 21H2- Office 2021 Home and Business-...
  6. Windows 10 start button

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 start button: Today when I click on the windows icon in the bottom left corner, the word start shows but nothing happens. When I right click on this icon which normally brings up a menu, nothing happens. Several of my programs PC Link when I click on the icon to run the program I get an...
  7. Windows 10 Start Button

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Start Button: If I attempt to search something in the start menu it freezes and crashes. Windows 10 64 bit iBUYPOWER Trace940 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-start-button/232d4858-4272-4f7f-87cd-ee1d10bdad99"
  8. start button on windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    start button on windows 10: where is the start on windows 10, I need to put a printer icon on my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-button-on-windows-10/e7bd8f54-7c27-4122-b612-a0529878161f
  9. WINDOWS 10 START BUTTON

in Windows 10 Customization
    WINDOWS 10 START BUTTON: Wandering what this watermark on my windows button is all about?[ATTACH] Is it a virus or what??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-start-button/06f40761-2796-47c3-8119-1d399db71e24
  10. Windows 10 start button!

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 start button!: I am having an issue with the windows 10 laptop when I click on the start menu I get this, How can I fix it where I get the normal start menu? [img] 80893