Windows 10: Replacing Win 10 with win 8.1

Discus and support Replacing Win 10 with win 8.1 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, win 10 - 1803 has proven a big disappointment to me and I'm considering removing it entirely and doing a clean install of windows 8.1. If anyone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Bob Deb, Jun 24, 2018.

1. Bob Deb Win User

Replacing Win 10 with win 8.1

Hi,
    win 10 - 1803 has proven a big disappointment to me and I'm considering removing it entirely and doing a clean install of windows 8.1. If anyone could advise me on the viability (or not) of doing so I would really appreciate it. Are there any possible adverse consequences of such an action? I expect that all existing data will have to be reinstalled from backup media, and that all existing programs will also have to be reinstalled. Many thanks - .

:)

Bob Deb, Jun 24, 2018
  2. RealNeil Win User

Win 10 boots...

I can't answer to the speed of Win-8 booting. I tried the Win-8 preview and went back to Win-7 after a month. They say that Win-8.1 is a lot better than Win-8 was.
    My Win-10 TP is working well ATM.

RealNeil, Jun 24, 2018
  3. endeavor Win User
    Replacing Windows Mail in Win-10 with one from Win-Vista.

Clayton, yes you can use your own files, as well realize the files from the tutorial attachments are the exact same thing already coming from Windows Vista - it's all the same.

The tutorial instructions how to do it in every detail are posted Here

Please for your own sake, just be sure you understand the limitations of using the old Vista WinMail client out of it's native environment inside of Windows7/8/10 by reading through the disclaimer, and the Bug List that's linked on the page there, and then decide if you want to do it and if it's right for you.
    Feel free to post your questions over there too.

endeavor, Jun 24, 2018
  4. oherb40 Win User

How to delete & replace contacts in Win 10

Accomplishments

• Insider

I sent email to a friend who recently changed his email address; hence I received a "Delivery Status Notification (Failure) " message from the Postmaster. I have been unable to delete and/or replace my contact using the programs available in Win 10:

(1) Outlook.com simply reverts to the old (incorrect) address unless I cut & paste the correct address over the latter.

(2) Ditto the Win 10 Mail app.

(3) Office Outlook 2016 no longer has a Contacts section which allows you to delete or replace a contact; hence to only option is cut & paste

la (1) & (2).

Luckily I still have an old version of Outlook and Win 8.1 on another PC; so I was able to make the correction which has now spread to all devices on my network. Can anyone suggest a method which might work on a 100% Win 10 network?

• Insider

Accomplishments

• Insider

I sent email to a friend who recently changed his email address; hence I received a "Delivery Status Notification (Failure) " message from the Postmaster. I have been unable to delete and/or replace my contact using the programs available in Win 10:

(1) Outlook.com simply reverts to the old (incorrect) address unless I cut & paste the correct address over the latter.

(2) Ditto the Win 10 Mail app.

(3) Office Outlook 2016 no longer has a Contacts section which allows you to delete or replace a contact; hence to only option is cut & paste

la (1) & (2).

Luckily I still have an old version of Outlook and Win 8.1 on another PC; so I was able to make the correction which has now spread to all devices on my network. Can anyone suggest a method which might work on a 100% Win 10 network?

oherb40, Jun 24, 2018
Thema:

1. Replacing Win 10 with win 8.1 - Similar Threads - Replacing

2. How do I reinstall Windows 11 after replacing hard drive, if I did not make a bootable USB?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reinstall Windows 11 after replacing hard drive, if I did not make a bootable USB?: The hard drive on my son's laptop has died. I did not make a bootable USB drive for his computer. If I replace the hard drive, how can I reinstall Windows 11 without purchasing Windows again?I read that I can go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo..., select...
  3. How do I reinstall Windows 11 after replacing hard drive, if I did not make a bootable USB?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I reinstall Windows 11 after replacing hard drive, if I did not make a bootable USB?: The hard drive on my son's laptop has died. I did not make a bootable USB drive for his computer. If I replace the hard drive, how can I reinstall Windows 11 without purchasing Windows again?I read that I can go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo..., select...
  4. How can I replace numbers with document names in Word?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I replace numbers with document names in Word?: My document have numbers instead of my file names. I want to replace the numbers with my file names. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-replace-numbers-with-document-names-in/5db0b361-f567-47bd-a1d4-677d2a1eeb81
  5. How can I replace numbers with document names in Word?

How can I replace numbers with document names in Word?: My document have numbers instead of my file names. I want to replace the numbers with my file names. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-replace-numbers-with-document-names-in/5db0b361-f567-47bd-a1d4-677d2a1eeb81
  6. How can I replace numbers with document names in Word?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Process Explorer not replacing Task Manager any more!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Process Explorer not replacing Task Manager any more!: I have been using Process Explorer for years, having it replace the Windows Task Manager. Every now and then usually during an update, Windows will revert to Task Manager, and I have to replace it again. Now, however, clicking on the Options/Replace Task Manager has no...
  8. Process Explorer not replacing Task Manager any more!

Process Explorer not replacing Task Manager any more!: I have been using Process Explorer for years, having it replace the Windows Task Manager. Every now and then usually during an update, Windows will revert to Task Manager, and I have to replace it again. Now, however, clicking on the Options/Replace Task Manager has no...
  9. How can I obtain Windows 10 and replace my Windows 11? Will I lose purchased apps? Please...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I obtain Windows 10 and replace my Windows 11? Will I lose purchased apps? Please...: When my computer crashed, Windows 11 was installed in the repair. I wish to return to Windows 10. How can I do this? Will I lose purchased apps? Is this a procedure a complete novice can do?...
  10. How can I obtain Windows 10 and replace my Windows 11? Will I lose purchased apps? Please...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I obtain Windows 10 and replace my Windows 11? Will I lose purchased apps? Please...: When my computer crashed, Windows 11 was installed in the repair. I wish to return to Windows 10. How can I do this? Will I lose purchased apps? Is this a procedure a complete novice can do?...