Windows 10: Report a Dangerous Web Page

Discus and support Report a Dangerous Web Page in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My wife just encountered a similar experience to that discussed in this thread: Solved Microsoft Edge Hacked - Windows 10 Forums She was browsing... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by baumgrenze, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Report a Dangerous Web Page

My wife just encountered a similar experience to that discussed in this thread:

Solved Microsoft Edge Hacked - Windows 10 Forums

She was browsing with Chrome, hit on a web page 'attributed' to greenvolts.com, a defunct solar company, and suddenly she was caught.

The advice in the above thread worked to restore her computer; we just shut down our router for 30 seconds and restarted. During that time she shut down Chrome and cleared her history.

Is there a good place to report such malevolent websites so that AV programs block them before they open?

:)

baumgrenze, Aug 26, 2016
  2. Jaz333 Win User

I want to report a possible dangerous website for Windows users

I want to report this website, I was looking for help online and I found this website where strangely someone tries to help you through a chat, but this person asks for what is probably dangerous info to give to a stranger. Most likely a hacker. I think
    some people may be attacked by trusting this person: hxxp://wwwDOTwinchatsupportDOTcom/

Jaz333, Aug 26, 2016
  3. I want to report a possible dangerous website for Windows users

Yes I just reported a bad website, Thank You

JamesBeattieXB., Aug 26, 2016
  4. torre Win User

Report a Dangerous Web Page

VirusTotal

Virustotal is one, others may be aware of more.

torre, Aug 26, 2016
  5. simrick Win User
    You can report it to Google:
    Google Safe Browsing: Report a Malware Page

Also, performing a WHOIS turns up these results. You could email the abuse contacts for the registrant, and the registrar directly:

| ICANN WHOIS

Contact Information

Registrant Contact

Name: MANUEL CABEZA BLANCO
    Organization:
    Mailing Address: CERRO BLANCO 28, MAIRENA DEL ALJARAFE SEVILLA 41927 ES
    Phone: +34.675631675
    Ext:
    Fax:
    Fax Ext:
    Email:manuel@cabeza.org

Admin Contact

Organization:

Ext:
    Fax:
    Fax Ext:

Tech Contact

Organization:
    Ext:
    Fax:
    Fax Ext:

Registrar

WHOIS Server: whois.dynadot.com
    URL: Domain Name Registration : Website Builder : Web Hosting : SSL Certificates : Dynadot.com
    Registrar: DYNADOT LLC
    IANA ID: 472
    Abuse Contact Email:abuse@dynadot.com

Abuse Contact Phone: +1.6502620100

Raw WHOIS Record

Domain Name: GREENVOLTS.COM
    Registry Domain ID: 1885146574_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
    Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.dynadot.com
    Registrar URL: Domain Name Registration : Website Builder : Web Hosting : SSL Certificates : Dynadot.com
    Updated Date: 2015-03-24T05:47:41.0Z
    Creation Date: 2014-11-13T19:31:03.0Z
    Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2016-11-13T19:31:03.0Z
    Registrar: DYNADOT LLC
    Registrar IANA ID: 472
    Registrar Abuse Contact Email: L: abuse@dynadot.com
    Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.6502620100
    Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited
    Registry Registrant ID:
    Registrant Name: MANUEL CABEZA BLANCO
    Registrant Street: CERRO BLANCO 28
    Registrant City: MAIRENA DEL ALJARAFE
    Registrant State/Province: SEVILLA
    Registrant Postal Code: 41927
    Registrant Country: ES
    Registrant Phone: +34.675631675
    Registrant Email: L: manuel@cabeza.org
    Registry Admin ID:
    Admin Name: MANUEL CABEZA BLANCO
    Admin Street: CERRO BLANCO 28
    Admin City: MAIRENA DEL ALJARAFE
    Admin State/Province: SEVILLA
    Admin Postal Code: 41927
    Admin Country: ES
    Admin Phone: +34.675631675
    Admin Email: L: manuel@cabeza.org
    Registry Tech ID:
    Tech Name: MANUEL CABEZA BLANCO
    Tech Street: CERRO BLANCO 28
    Tech City: MAIRENA DEL ALJARAFE
    Tech State/Province: SEVILLA
    Tech Postal Code: 41927
    Tech Country: ES
    Tech Phone: +34.675631675
    Tech Email: L: manuel@cabeza.org
    Name Server: ns1.above.com
    Name Server: ns2.above.com
    DNSSEC: unsigned
    URL of the ICANN WHOIS Data Problem Reporting System: Whois Inaccuracy Complaint Form | ICANN
    >>> Last update of WHOIS database: 2016-08-26 22:03:29 -0700 <<<

simrick, Aug 26, 2016
  6. Thanks, simrick.

I submitted the url to your Google link. I decided to let them complain to the registrar. These unclosable pages are especially nasty in my book, worth reporting.

Will my report result in Google tagging any hits connecting to Manuel Cabeza Blanca's greenvolts.com as 'this website may harm your computer?'

baumgrenze, Aug 27, 2016
  7. Samuria Win User
    If you had your dns set to open dns its likely it would have blocked you going to the site Use OpenDNS

Samuria, Aug 27, 2016
  8. simrick Win User

Google will likely check it out and end up removing it from all search results. I don't know what else they might do. I do think you should at least notify the registrar, who will put the registrant on notice to clean up their website.

OpenDNS will indeed prevent you from going to "known" bad sites, but until they're "known", well, someone has to be a victim and report it.
    Abuse Contact Email:abuse@dynadot.com

simrick, Aug 27, 2016
  9. Tonyb Win User
    could also report your finding on this site to WOT they track sites like this to, and if you have the extension installed it will block the site once it gets more hits that its nasty.

Tonyb, Sep 2, 2016
  10. Thanks to all for their input.

Dynadot.llc responded to my report as follows:
    "Thank you for submitting your complaint. We will investigate the matter, and take action where we deem appropriate.

Please understand that due to the volume of complaints we receive, you may not receive any further response from
    us, unless we require more information from you."
    I've had no reply from Google. I don't want to test to see if Google has blacklisted the website. It is not worth the hassle.

I consider this post "Solved" but only the "Unsolved" option presented itself.

baumgrenze, Sep 2, 2016
  11. simrick Win User
    Yeah, typical response. Hopefully they've looked into it. You've done about all you can do really. *Smile

simrick, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Report a Dangerous Web Page - Similar Threads - Report Dangerous Web

2. Web page not available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Web page not available: I can’t check email from any mobile device Microsoft 365 outlook thru Godaddy Webmail. I can check email from a desktop device. Issue is on day two, I contacted Godaddy and it is not their issue, it’s Microsoft’s. Solution?...
  3. Web Pages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Web Pages: HiWhy do i keep seeing page not responding when looking at a website.Little circle keeps spinning.on topTHANK YOU https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-pages/5a964af9-02cf-43bf-baf2-a56d037d49d6
  4. Web Pages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Web Pages: HiWhy do i keep seeing page not responding when looking at a website.Little circle keeps spinning.on topTHANK YOU https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-pages/5a964af9-02cf-43bf-baf2-a56d037d49d6
  5. Web Pages

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Presentation World Threat Center -- Danger reporting app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Presentation World Threat Center -- Danger reporting app: [ATTACH] World Threat Center is a danger reporting app. You report a danger, and thus warn in real time, users approaching a danger. For example, the application warns you when approaching a danger, within a radius of 5 kilometers for an accident report, within a radius of...
  7. Web page zoom

in Windows 10 Support
    Web page zoom: Most browsers have the facility to zoom in & out of web pages but they all seem to use the same increments. Starting at 100% they go 110 - 120 - 133 etc or similar. unfortunately when you get much above that they seem to jump in increments of 100 or more ie 300 - 400 etc....
  8. web page reverts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    web page reverts: Web pages revert back to previous pages without actions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-page-reverts/60ba63dd-ab5e-491e-8698-94347050c7bb
  9. web page blocked

in Windows 10 Customization
    web page blocked: I attempt to open Peets coffee ap and am told to contact administrator. I am the only one who uses the computer. who is administrator? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-page-blocked/7341d1be-6d3d-40c2-9031-6fd0f9ccac7c
  10. Slow Web Pages.

in Browsers and Email
    Slow Web Pages.: I am having problems with slow webpages. Is it Edge? I have been tempted to take my PC to a shop and have more RAM installed. I currently have 8 gigs of RAM. Maybe 16 gigs would speed it up. Could Edge be using a lot of RAM when running webpages? Sometimes I have problems...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. report dangerous web pages