Windows 10: Repurposing WWAN Slot on Lenovo X280 Laptop

Discus and support Repurposing WWAN Slot on Lenovo X280 Laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Warning: This is a "Does Anybody Know?" question. I've been looking for this info everywhere and can't find it anywhere. Here goes: I'm thinking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EdTittel, May 18, 2018.

1. EdTittel Win User

Repurposing WWAN Slot on Lenovo X280 Laptop

Warning: This is a "Does Anybody Know?" question. I've been looking for this info everywhere and can't find it anywhere. Here goes:

I'm thinking seriously about buying a Lenovo ThinkPad X280 laptop. I've got a predecessor model, the X220 Tablet and it's been a great, great road machine. My question needs a little background first. These ThinkPads have WWAN slots that often can be repurposed to accommodate SSDs. Thus, for example, the X220 had an mSATA compatible slot for WWAN into which I was able to drop a Plextor 256GB SSD that now serves as that unit's primary hard disk. Also, the X270 has an m.2 WWAN slot into which other users have been able to drop 2242 m.2 drives from the handful of suppliers who make such tiny devices (2242 means 22mm wide and 42mm long, which is about 20mm shorter than a typical mSATA device).

The X280 has the same kind of WWAN slot, too. So here's my question: does anybody know if this will also work in the X280? If so, that will probably clinch the deal for me and I'll buy a unit with a 512GB SSD installed, and then install my own 512GB Transcend unit in the device when it comes into my possession.

TIA for your help and input with this. I've checked all the usual places including NotebookReviews.com, but this is the community to which I turn with my toughest questions.

--Ed--

:)

EdTittel, May 18, 2018

2. LapTop 2017 Lenovo Yoga 14

What account? Where?

Don

Don Varnau, May 20, 2018
  3. LapTop 2017 Lenovo Yoga 14

I recently purchased a LapTop 2017 Lenovo Yoga 14. My account has me listed as having a

Repurposing WWAN Slot on Lenovo X280 Laptop [​IMG]

DESKTOP-KVC74NU
    • 20FY0002US

It shows a picture of a laptop but is listed as a DESKTOP. Why?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum topic.***

kaydellsears, May 20, 2018
Thema:

Repurposing WWAN Slot on Lenovo X280 Laptop

1. Repurposing WWAN Slot on Lenovo X280 Laptop - Similar Threads - Repurposing WWAN Slot

2. can I install a WWAN card into my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can I install a WWAN card into my laptop?: after I discovered that I can't have cellular data on my laptop because I don't have the WWAN card can I install it by myself? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-install-a-wwan-card-into-my-laptop/96e7a842-3fe3-4f68-9957-146e4a53c57c
  3. can I install a WWAN card into my laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can I install a WWAN card into my laptop?: after I discovered that I can't have cellular data on my laptop because I don't have the WWAN card can I install it by myself? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-install-a-wwan-card-into-my-laptop/96e7a842-3fe3-4f68-9957-146e4a53c57c
  4. WWAN mode connection problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WWAN mode connection problem: For some reason, I cannot connect my Lenovo x1 Carbon 9G LTE modem.It's recognizing the network - and "No service" behind it.last time same thing happened I've change the registry like mentioned in...
  5. Repurposing and old Disk Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Repurposing and old Disk Drive: I need to reformat and old an old disk disk drive. It will only be used to store pictures, videos and music and will not be needed for booting the computer.This is a 1 T byte drive and now has a three partitions. I installed this drive in an external hard case. I tried using...
  6. Microsd Slot on Computer/Laptop?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsd Slot on Computer/Laptop?: Okay so i have a security camera that I use a while back that stopped working. I was told to fix this... i need a micro sd card and need to download the correct firmware... then once its there... put it in my security camera to flash it... to try to fix it. I don''t have a...
  7. Help Repurposing old Dell Laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help Repurposing old Dell Laptop: So I'll begin by saying this is an odd post lol. I've been doing some cleaning and came upon my old Dell Studio laptop. Purchased in 2010 for college, switched to a MBP a few laters because the Dell was nothing but trouble for me. Rather than throw out a still-functioning...
  8. laptop pcmi slot

laptop pcmi slot: What addaptors can i use in my dell E5520 laptops pcmi slot? Doe`s anyone Know what the sim card slot for? regards Topper. win 10 insider preview. sevral pc`s not hot with laptops. 151774
  9. laptop pcmi slot

in Windows 10 Support
    laptop pcmi slot: What addaptors can i use in my dell E5520 laptops pcmi slot? Doe`s anyone Know what the sim card slot for? regards Topper. win 10 insider preview. sevral pc`s not hot with laptops. 151774
  10. Repurpose a DVR HDD in a PC

Repurpose a DVR HDD in a PC: Hi I have a 500GB sata HDD from a replaced TIVO box that Virgin didn’t want back, which I plan to use in my PC. I Have searched for a procedure, one suggestion was to use Gparted to boot then after some selections swopping the boot disk for a HDAT2 boot disk...but someone...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. x270 sim card tray stuck

2. repurposing wwan slot

3. x280 upgrade m2 wwan

4. repurposing wwan slot on lenovo x280,
  5. x280 wwan,
  6. ThinkPad X280 20KES22904 location of WWAN slot