Windows 10: Request Advice for finding a installed application on my Win 10 PC.

Discus and support Request Advice for finding a installed application on my Win 10 PC. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello Everyone, I use an application called (Colornote) on my Windows 10 PC. While I can't seem to find it on my computer, when I go to the Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by wilspeak, Feb 24, 2017.

1. wilspeak Win User

Request Advice for finding a installed application on my Win 10 PC.

Hello Everyone, I use an application called (Colornote) on my Windows 10 PC. While I can't seem to find it on my computer, when I go to the Microsoft Store and go to the Colornote page it says the application is already installed on my PC. I then can open the application up through the MS Store page. My question is how can I create a shortcut for that application or find the application thumbnail so that I can launch the application without having to sign into the MS Store every time that I need to use it? Thank You in advance.
    Request Advice for finding a installed application on my Win 10 PC. [​IMG]
    PS: here is a link to the above named application >>>>https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/stor...s/9nblggh10xvm

:)

wilspeak, Feb 24, 2017

2. Win 10 PC responds too slow

Hi,

I have recently purchased a brand new Win 10 HP laptop. But the performance of the laptop is not satisfactory. Booting the PC takes about 2 minutes. When any application is launched, the cursor keeps circling for a couple of seconds
    ( approx 10) and then launches the application. This delay is not only restricted with the applications but also when loading any settings or configurations.

Just to put it straight, it takes approx 10 seconds for it to respond with every click(left or right).

I am really disappointed as it is a brand new laptop with only few pre-installed applications.

Find my laptop config below,

Brand: HP

RAM : 4 GB

Processor : i5 7th Gen

Kindly revert back to my request at the earliest. I require any best advise/suggestions that helps improving my PC's performance.

RahmathMohamed, Feb 24, 2017
  3. frazer007 Win User
    Bluetooth app removed by Reset Windows 10

Obliged to activate Reset in Win 10 ok then viewed a listing of applications the reset auto removed while refreshing the PC. amongst many items removed including the Bluetooth Stack for Windows by Toshiba Win 10 OS functions ok although many apps
    had to be re-installed however I appreciate advice how to get back the Bluetooth function for speakers and Bluetooth keyboard. A d'load from Toshiba for Drivers did not help at all ,only confused the issue and could not install

Advice appreciated. frazer 007

frazer007, Feb 24, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

The only pointer I found after installing it is in C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Packages. Typing ColorNote in Cortana/Search brings up a name that can open it. It appears to be only an app instead of an actual installed program.

Berton, Feb 24, 2017
  5. Kari Win User
    Type shell:appsfolder in File Explorer address bar and press Enter to open Applications folder, right click your app to pin it to Start, Taskbar or create a shortcut for it.

6. Fafhrd Win User
    click *Start

begin typing colorn

and you should see:

Press Enter

if it is not installed, the store will open and you can download, install, and launch ColorNote.

The next time you click *Start and type color you will see

then press enter ,ColorNote will open

Fafhrd, Feb 24, 2017
  7. Berton Win User
    Uninstalled it, wanted only a Facebook or Google sign-in to use it.

Berton, Feb 24, 2017
  8. wilspeak Win User

Hello Berton , It seems the way on my PC too.

wilspeak, Feb 24, 2017
  9. wilspeak Win User

wilspeak, Feb 24, 2017
  10. wilspeak Win User
    Fafhrd , I tried what you suggested and that did not work. I can launch it from MSD Store , but it wont run on the PC by its self. Thank You

wilspeak, Feb 24, 2017
  11. Fafhrd Win User
    Stating "...that did not work..." does not help you much.

Try including screenshots to show what actually occurred, and perhaps we can see what's going on.

However, once you do have it running, there should be an icon on the taskbar - right-click this, and select Pin to Taskbar, and it should be available as a quick launch item.

Fafhrd, Feb 24, 2017
  12. wilspeak Win User
    Fafhrd, I will post screen shots as soon as I get back to my PC and explain exactly what happens In a few hours. Thank you and I appreciate all your help.

wilspeak, Feb 24, 2017
  13. wilspeak Win User

Hello Fafhrd, Here are 3 screen shots. The 1st one is showing that the app is not installed. The 2nd one is showing the app is installed and ready to launch from the MS Store, but I can't run the app from my desktop or launch it from my PC. The 3rd one is showing the app launched from the MS Store

wilspeak, Feb 25, 2017
  14. wilspeak Win User

Hello Fafhrd, Here are 3 screen shots. The 1st one is showing that the app is not installed. The 2nd one is showing the app is installed and ready to launch from the MS Store, but I can't run the app from my desktop or launch it from my PC. The 3rd one is showing the app launched from the MS Store.

wilspeak, Feb 25, 2017
  15. Fafhrd Win User
    I cannot see the Colornote icon on your taskbar. Leaving Colornote running, can you close down the Store window, leaving Colornote open?

Can you then find a taskbar icon for ColorNote, right-click and pin it to the taskbar? If you can, you should have a means to access it anytime.

Being a store app it doesn't have an executable file and in your case it apparently has not installed correctly.

On my system, after a struggle to gain access to it, the files associated to the app can be found in:

C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\DBA41F73.ColorNoteNotepadNotes_1.1.0.20_neutral__3jn8vbmxrzmj2

but it works as a collection of HTML, XML, JS, and some other resources in that folder, so there is no actual executable file to pin to the start menu.

Can you find ColorNote in Settings, Apps and features? Can you uninstall it and reboot, then try again to get it installed correctly?

Fafhrd, Feb 26, 2017
Thema:

1. Request Advice for finding a installed application on my Win 10 PC. - Similar Threads - Request Advice finding

2. Request for advice

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Request for advice: Please advise me on how to remove my name and pin from the first log in screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/request-for-advice/0e9d0061-ac7d-408d-986f-3a1b095f9ddc
  3. Request for advice

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Request for advice: Please advise me on how to remove my name and pin from the first log in screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/request-for-advice/0e9d0061-ac7d-408d-986f-3a1b095f9ddc
  4. Request for advice

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Win 10 update strategy advice

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 update strategy advice: Hello All, This is my first post as I am relatively new to Win 10 (don't ask). This is me: EditionWindows 10 Pro Version20H2 Installed on‎13/‎12/‎2020 OS build19042.1052 Lats night my machine updated with KB 5004945 and promptly terminated my internet access. I had to do a...
  6. Browsers for Win 10 advice

in Browsers and Email
    Browsers for Win 10 advice: Win 10 Pro 20H2 build 19042.685 All browsers mentioned are the very latest, up to date. I seem to be constantly on the search for the 'perfect' browser! For a long time, I found that Edge was great but it began to cause odd issues on some sites. So I went with Google Chrome....
  7. Win 10 HOME _ Admin password requested when installing an application

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 HOME _ Admin password requested when installing an application: Good afternoon I have a Lenovo PC with windows 10 HOME that I factory restored, I added an ADMIN account with admin rights and password, I then created a separate user JOHN with admin rights. The second user wanted to install an application and it was asked for the...
  8. Advice requested for turning off Windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Advice requested for turning off Windows 10 updates: What are your thoughts about removing the Windows Anniversary Update from our computers and disabling Windows Updates? We use Windows 10 Pro on a network consisting of 8 computers in our business. Windows automatically installs updates and it causes problems with our...
  9. Request advice in fixing a security error in Windows 10 .

in Windows 10 Support
    Request advice in fixing a security error in Windows 10 .: Hello Everyone, I tried to follow the instructions of this guide >> (How to Get Access to WindowsApps Folder in Windows 10: >> How to Get Access to WindowsApps Folder in Windows 10 ) I went through all the steps, but when I got to (step #9) where it says "open the “Select...
  10. Requesting Advice On First PC Purchase

in Windows 10 Support
    Requesting Advice On First PC Purchase: Greetings all, thanks for reading my post. I'm a long time Mac user considering our first purchase of a PC laptop. I know nothing at all about the PC realm, so I'm here hoping to benefit from your experience. Buying a PC laptop is an experiment for now. We'll continue...