Windows 10: Request for a reg file to add snipping tool new snip to context menu

Discus and support Request for a reg file to add snipping tool new snip to context menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So ive been able to find a means to add the snipping tool itself to my context menu. Ive also been able to find a means to add a snipping tool entry... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by klepp0906, Mar 19, 2018.

1. klepp0906 Win User

Request for a reg file to add snipping tool new snip to context menu

So ive been able to find a means to add the snipping tool itself to my context menu.

Ive also been able to find a means to add a snipping tool entry with cascading menu to my start menu.

I'm looking specifically for a means to add the snipping tool to context menu (with its icon ofc) and when clicking on it, it goes straight to the new snip option so im ready to capture straight away.

is this possible?

:)

klepp0906, Mar 19, 2018
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Windows 10 snipping tool

Search for the Snipping Tool with Cortana. When the search result appears, right-click on the icon and choose Pin to taskbar from the context menu.

BulldogXX, Mar 19, 2018
  3. How can I snip something that disappears as soon as I click elsewhere?

From here:

Can I capture a snip of a menu, such as a shortcut menu or the Start menu?

Yes. Here's how:

• Open Snipping Tool by clicking the Start button
      Request for a reg file to add snipping tool new snip to context menu [​IMG]
      . In the search box, type Snipping
      Tool, and then, in the list of results, click Snipping Tool.

• Press Esc, and then open the menu that you want to capture.

• Press Ctrl+PrtScn.

• Click the arrow next to the New button, select Free-form Snip, Rectangular Snip, Window Snip, or Full-screen
      Snipfrom the list, and then select the area of your screen that you want to capture.

Alternatively,you can also use the delay option-It would also work.

Sumit Dhiman2, Mar 19, 2018
  4. Edwin New Member

You can copy and paste the following code to NotePad, save it as a .reg file then run it.
    It will invoke an immediate 'Ready to Snip' task, from any Directory, to the Clipboard, ready to paste and save in in eg. Paint:

Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shell\SnippingTool] "MUIVerb"="Snip to Clipboard" "Icon"="SnippingTool.exe" "Position"="Bottom" [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shell\SnippingTool\command] @="SnippingTool.exe /clip"[/quote]

Edwin, Mar 19, 2018
  5. Edwin New Member
    If you would like the entry to be at the top of your context menu, change "Position" to "Top"...

Edwin, Mar 19, 2018
  6. klepp0906 Win User
    thank you very much! Exactly what i was hoping for *Smile

before i add this, do you mind explaining what i need to do to make one to remove it so i can toggle it on/off should the need arise?

(i like to save all these reg files for future use and other pc's etc)

klepp0906, Mar 19, 2018
  7. Edwin New Member
    Create another .reg file for Removal:

Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shell\SnippingTool][/quote]

Edwin, Mar 19, 2018
  8. klepp0906 Win User

<3

best community ever

klepp0906, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Request for a reg file to add snipping tool new snip to context menu - Similar Threads - Request reg file

2. Snipping Tool Feature Request

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping Tool Feature Request: Please add Line Tool and Text Tool to the next release of Snipping Tool. Currently as it is now one has to use another app ie: Paint to add these. I thought with the release of Windows 11 it would have had new features like this but unfortunately it didn't.If anyone can get...
  3. Snipping Tool Feature Request

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snipping Tool Feature Request: Please add Line Tool and Text Tool to the next release of Snipping Tool. Currently as it is now one has to use another app ie: Paint to add these. I thought with the release of Windows 11 it would have had new features like this but unfortunately it didn't.If anyone can get...
  4. How to add "snipping" tool to the right-click menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to add "snipping" tool to the right-click menu?: Hi all, Is there a way to activate the Snipping tool in the right-click menu? I found it will be very convenient if can be done. Thanks....
  5. SNIP SNIP TOOL

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SNIP SNIP TOOL: Does anyone know where my screen snips are saved? I can't find it in files. I really don't know where they go Like I can't screenshot using Windows+prt sc while my laptop is in 360 degrees. It is bothersome....
  6. New snipping tool. Snip & Sketch

New snipping tool. Snip & Sketch: I have tried using the new snipping tool that is replacing the existing on. If I don't click on the pop up that appears asap, once is dissapears so does the image. I have been undable to find any of the images I have snipped. I tried searching using key words but to no...
  7. New snipping tool

New snipping tool: I used to use snipping tool all the time ..it was great. But now they have changed it.. every time I do a snip the background of the snip is a pinky red colour... No matter what the original colour of the screen I try to snip from. If I try prnt screen it too has this...
  8. Add Snipping Tool

Add Snipping Tool: Is it possible to add the Snipping tool to the Desktop right click menu? Thanks Z 23600
  9. Add Snipping Tool to Context Menu in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Snipping Tool to Context Menu in Windows: How to: Add Snipping Tool to Context Menu in Windows How to Add Snipping Tool to Context Menu in Windows [img] Information You can use Snipping Tool to capture a screen shot, or snip, of any object on your screen, and then annotate, save, or share the image. This...
  10. Start Menu and The Snipping Tool

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu and The Snipping Tool: How do I take a screenshot of the Start Menu with the Snipping Tool if as soon as I click Snipping Tool the Start Menu closes? 66130