Windows 10: [Request] List of services that can be safely disabled

Discus and support [Request] List of services that can be safely disabled in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Does anyone have a list with the services that can be disabled in W10? Without affecting functions like Wi-Fi or using wireless mouse, USB. 72113 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by doriandiaconu, Dec 10, 2016.

1. [Request] List of services that can be safely disabled

Does anyone have a list with the services that can be disabled in W10? Without affecting functions like Wi-Fi or using wireless mouse, USB.

:)

doriandiaconu, Dec 10, 2016
  2. Sumit Dhiman2, Dec 10, 2016
  3. StellaDo Win User
    which services can be disabled in windows10 home ediion?

I just upgraded my home computer from windows7 home edition to windows10, I have only one PC in my home, so I don't need to connect with other PC, and I don't like too much services running in windows10, pls tell me which services can be disabled without
    affect my Pc's safety? thanks a lot!

StellaDo, Dec 10, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

[Request] List of services that can be safely disabled

Hi, what do you wish to achieve in terms of performance? Is improving that your aim?

To be honest, there's no real need to disable services unless you're absolutely pushed on RAM on an old netbook or something like that. At best you might save a few seconds on start-up - and with a SSD, it's typically 12s or so to the lock/login screen.

Black Viper used to provide a list. The danger is the inter-relationships between services and features mean you could get caught out.

It's very unlikely you'd gain speed or responsiveness by doing so.

dalchina, Dec 10, 2016
  5. You mean to safely disable for you. Disabling any service affects some functionality, only you know, if you need it.

Like I can disable Print Spooler, because I do not use a printer nor a scanner.
    I can disable Windows Firewall, I do not use store apps, Windows Defender.
    I can disable Connected User Experiences and Telemetry, I am not Insider.

You have to do trial and error. Stop the service, use computer, then check if it started again.
    Disable it and see, if something is broken, sometimes it takes a restart for it to fully take an effect.

TairikuOkami, Dec 10, 2016
  6. Don't we have even a list that can we take as a guide for this?

doriandiaconu, Dec 11, 2016
  7. LMiller7 Win User
    This is my list of service to disable:
    Start List

End List.

I do not recommend disabling any services.

LMiller7, Dec 11, 2016
  8. [Request] List of services that can be safely disabled

Not really, 99% of users do not think about it, those who do are heavily discouraged, though benefits are obvious.
    You can check my Tweaks, Light version preferably, I added some notes about needed services, but no guarantees.

TairikuOkami, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

[Request] List of services that can be safely disabled

1. [Request] List of services that can be safely disabled - Similar Threads - Request List services

2. Is it Safe to Disable the Delivery Optimization Service?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it Safe to Disable the Delivery Optimization Service?: I have a Windows 10 PC and a Windows 11 laptop; every now and again, I notice this, but today especially, Delivery Optimization seems to be making non-stop connections to my laptop on Port 7680 I know Delivery Optimization is largely related to Windows Updates, but I would...
  3. Is it Safe to Disable the Delivery Optimization Service?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it Safe to Disable the Delivery Optimization Service?: I have a Windows 10 PC and a Windows 11 laptop; every now and again, I notice this, but today especially, Delivery Optimization seems to be making non-stop connections to my laptop on Port 7680 I know Delivery Optimization is largely related to Windows Updates, but I would...
  4. Is it Safe to Disable the Delivery Optimization Service?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Is it completely safe to disable these services?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it completely safe to disable these services?: I am satisfied with my current version, if it completely safe to permanently stop and disable: Windows Updater service Windows Installer service submitted by /u/VillsSkyTerror [link] [comments]...
  6. Safe Mode disabled services

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Safe Mode disabled services: I'm having an issue where a (or some) program(s) won't launch or install normally but will in safe mode. Is there a way to get a list of the services that safe mode disables so I can narrow down the problem? submitted by /u/Shadowlord87 [link] [comments]...
  7. Is it safe to disable service Server?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it safe to disable service Server?: Hi! when I google for services that are safe to disable, none of the articles seem to mention Server. But service called Server is responsible for all kinds of shares like \\localhost\c$ which could potentially be security problem. Is it sefe to disable it or if I do then...
  8. Which Windows 10 Services can you safely disable?

in Windows 10 News
    Which Windows 10 Services can you safely disable?: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 has many Services to make sure that the operating system functions smoothly. While it is best to leave the Service configuration at their default values, there are some performance & tweak enthusiasts who want to make their Windows [...] This post...
  9. Which Windows Services Can You Safely Disable?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Which Windows Services Can You Safely Disable?: My laptop getting slow to boot so i decide to turn off some unused services maybe like print spooler, remote desktop etc, so i need your guys to help me decide this. Thanks in advance.. 60418
  10. [Request]Services that can be killed for good?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    [Request]Services that can be killed for good?: Hi Shawn, Please can you post a tutorial on which all unnecessary services can be safely stopped in Win 10 x64 OS so as to get the maximum performance boost during gaming? Thanks, Troy. 16834