Windows 10: Requesting a Key

Discus and support Requesting a Key in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Trying to install windows 10 TR 10041 on a Ubuntu Host using Virtual box 4.3 When it finally starts the install and you select install it comes up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by shipinomore10, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Requesting a Key

Trying to install windows 10 TR 10041 on a Ubuntu Host using Virtual box 4.3
    When it finally starts the install and you select install it comes up wanting a Key?
    the key provided during the download of 10041 does not work.
    is there any way around this?
    I have tried to install using the ISO file and Also a burned DVD.
    Larry

:)

shipinomore10, Mar 30, 2015

2. Windows 10 Installation Requesting Product Key

If you have an activated underlying OS you simply skip the step where it asks for the key and it will check the OS credentials using the online activation server

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Mar 30, 2015
  3. Irvinraw Win User
    Windows 10 Installation Requesting Product Key

I want to install Windows 10. I purchased my laptop with Windows 8. I updated to Windows 8.1 when it was released. The Windows 10 installation requests a product key. I input the product key I obtained from using the Belarc Advisor software. The product
    key is not accepted. All my software is genuine microsoft. Is there a way to remedy this issue?

Irvinraw, Mar 30, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Requesting a Key

Hi Larry.. Here is the key to use for Win10TP 10041 Pro..
    NKJFK-GPHP7-G8C3J-P6JXR-HQRJR

HTH
    Jeff

BunnyJ, Mar 30, 2015
  5. Hi Jeff;
    I have that key. I keep them in a folder and I did enter it several times but no luck.
    this is my first time trying to use Ubuntu as a host and then using virtual box I got it installed
    and there were no errors until I tried to install 10 by using both the ISO and then the burned DVD
    copy. Will keep trying and searching.
    Larry

6. swarfega Win User
    Sure VB has a good connection to the internet? Have you tried accessing a website in a browser?

swarfega, Mar 30, 2015
  7. BunnyJ New Member
    I've done that before with that key and it works... odd.

BunnyJ, Mar 30, 2015
  8. Requesting a Key

I have a Dell Optiplex 760 and diag. show bad memory. will have to see which is bad as it has 3 2gig cards in it.
    so more headaches.
    thanks for following up.
    Larry

9. BunnyJ New Member
    BunnyJ, Mar 30, 2015
  10. thanks for tips. I can get to the internet did a download and then installed VB 4.3 all ok no errors.
    had a bad memory card so now down to 4gig.
    set up VB and started to install win. 10
    gets to the point where it shows the blue windows and he balls start to roll and then I now get an error from VB I guess that the computer encountered an error and it will do a restart for me.
    working on it now. I reduced the memory on the guest to 1024 no help.
    Larry

11. BunyJ I found the bad card. now have 4gig left. installed Ubuntu no problems. downloaded VB and tools no problems set up win ten but when the blue window appears and the balls roll I then get an error that the system encountered an error and it will restart for me. VM windows has 1024 for memory.
    still looking at settings t o see what I missed. VT is active in bios in settings there is a setting for vt but says special os's?
    will hit on somethng soon.
    Larry

12. BunnyJ New Member
    Good work.. keep it up. *Smile

BunnyJ, Mar 30, 2015
  13. Requesting a Key

BunnyJ now have everything working on a laptop and the Dell desktop.
    1 bad memory card. Then the converted ISO that was made on the dell was also bad.
    never was asked for the key again.
    Larry

shipinomore10, Mar 31, 2015
  14. BunnyJ New Member
    Good deal.. you may want to thing about replacing the memory of the Dell. Just to be safe if you plan on keeping it for a long time.

Have a good day,.
    Jeff

BunnyJ, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Requesting a Key

1. Requesting a Key - Similar Threads - Requesting Key

2. Request for Confirmation: Transfer of Retail License Keys of Windows OS to new desktops

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Request for Confirmation: Transfer of Retail License Keys of Windows OS to new desktops: Dear TeamI am writing to inform you about the necessary upgrade of our office computer desktops, which are currently running on Windows 10 OS with the retail license keys associated.       As part of the upgrade process, we intend to replace the outdated desktops with new,...
  3. Request for Confirmation: Transfer of Retail License Keys of Windows OS to new desktops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Request for Confirmation: Transfer of Retail License Keys of Windows OS to new desktops: Dear TeamI am writing to inform you about the necessary upgrade of our office computer desktops, which are currently running on Windows 10 OS with the retail license keys associated.       As part of the upgrade process, we intend to replace the outdated desktops with new,...
  4. Request for Confirmation: Transfer of Retail License Keys of Windows OS to new desktops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. What to do if windows encrypted my drive without notice and requests bitlocker key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What to do if windows encrypted my drive without notice and requests bitlocker key?: My main problem is that Windows encrypted my internal SSD on my laptop, the one where my Windows is located, so I am locked out of it.Summary of all the actions in points:1. I never had BitLocker turned on in Windows, that's for sure since I installed it.2. I used a Windows...
  6. What to do if windows encrypted my drive without notice and requests bitlocker key?

What to do if windows encrypted my drive without notice and requests bitlocker key?: My main problem is that Windows encrypted my internal SSD on my laptop, the one where my Windows is located, so I am locked out of it.Summary of all the actions in points:1. I never had BitLocker turned on in Windows, that's for sure since I installed it.2. I used a Windows...
  7. I was reboot and my laptop request A bitLocker key any help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I was reboot and my laptop request A bitLocker key any help: Looking for BitLocker key am stack https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-was-reboot-and-my-laptop-request-a-bitlocker-key/76bf775c-3f1c-4c4b-b5b9-afbcebd2af97
  8. I was reboot and my laptop request A bitLocker key any help

I was reboot and my laptop request A bitLocker key any help: Looking for BitLocker key am stack https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-was-reboot-and-my-laptop-request-a-bitlocker-key/76bf775c-3f1c-4c4b-b5b9-afbcebd2af97
  9. I was reboot and my laptop request A bitLocker key any help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. No Bitlocker key found and seller does not have it on his account. My laptop still request...

No Bitlocker key found and seller does not have it on his account. My laptop still request...: Screen says to enter Bit Locker key but not in my account or in the seller's. I have decided to wipe out laptop, but it still asks for Bitlocker key. Please how do i completely wipe and reset back to Windows11 pro or 10 Pro without key? TY...