Windows 10: Require permission from myself to delete folder

Discus and support Require permission from myself to delete folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I try to delete some folders it asks me to give administrator permission to delete it so I do then it tells me I require permission from MSI/BBass... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by IceFireMan73, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Require permission from myself to delete folder

When I try to delete some folders it asks me to give administrator permission to delete it so I do then it tells me I require permission from MSI/BBass (myself) to make changes to this folder. This has happened for multiple folders in my steam folder. I've tried giving myself permission which did nothing but I have been able to delete the folders by going in and deleting everything inside the folder then deleting the folder itself. But this problem has happened to a lot of my games and each game folder has hundreds and even thousands of folders for some games so it's not possible for me to manually delete everything.

:)

IceFireMan73, Mar 7, 2017
  2. MaxMarvin Win User

Unable to delete folders- need permission from myself

It would appear only this platform (Steam) seems to be having this problem. The fact the game keeps uninstalling and making me have to reinstall it every time I boot up my computer is most likely on their side, but my problem is that I can not completely
    delete the folder due to requiring permission from myself. I did make myself the owner

Not that I know of

The error message when I try to delete the folder is it saying I need permission from me

MaxMarvin, Mar 7, 2017
  3. How To Delete Old Windowsapp Folder in C:\Program Files?

• What is the exact error message that you get when you try to delete the folders? - "You require permission from PC to make changes to this folder."
    • Are you logged in as the administrator? - Yes
    • Did you try to give full permissions to the folder? - Yes, I've given myself full control over it.

Windows 10 is annoying, Mar 7, 2017
  4. djhnsn043 Win User

Require permission from myself to delete folder

Windows 10 takes away the ability of the Administrator to make changes to the OS partition without giving yourself further permission. Also, if you are running in administrator mode to avoid this, you can't even open any UWP apps.

djhnsn043, Mar 7, 2017
Thema:

Require permission from myself to delete folder

1. Require permission from myself to delete folder - Similar Threads - Require permission myself

2. Windows 11 Cant Delete Folder Saying I Need Permission From Myself To Do It

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Cant Delete Folder Saying I Need Permission From Myself To Do It: Been having this issue for awhile where some folders are asking for permission to delete it.But im the owner of the folder/computer im logged in as admin.I tried safe boot deleting the folder and still gives me permissions denied errorI changed the permission/owner of the...
  3. You require permission from XPS17/myself to make changes to this folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    You require permission from XPS17/myself to make changes to this folder: Hi, I am having trouble dealing with folders security permission on Windows 10.I just wanted to block the user2, which is also an administrator from accessing my drive D. After making the proper changes to the security settings of that drive, everything worked fine and he...
  4. You require permission from XPS17/myself to make changes to this folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You require permission from XPS17/myself to make changes to this folder: Hi, I am having trouble dealing with folders security permission on Windows 10.I just wanted to block the user2, which is also an administrator from accessing my drive D. After making the proper changes to the security settings of that drive, everything worked fine and he...
  5. You require permission from XPS17/myself to make changes to this folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Delete folder that requires SYSTEM permission

Delete folder that requires SYSTEM permission: I want to remove a driver folder from C:/Windows/System32/FileRepository/ and Windows won't let me. I'm the administrator but it requires SYSTEM permission. I've tried to move it, to delete everything inside, to force remove it from PowerShell as administrator, to change...
  7. Unable to delete folder as administrator. Requires permission from system.

Unable to delete folder as administrator. Requires permission from system.: I am trying to delete a folder on my computer, but am unable because I require permission from "system". I cannot delete it through powershell or the cmd, and cannot change the permissions on it "Failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access is denied." I am the system...
  8. Can't delete folder - Windows requires Administrator permission

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't delete folder - Windows requires Administrator permission: Hi, I have read through all instructions on how to grant myself permission and I am still having problems. I have downloaded totalcommand, installed take ownership, alternative filemanager to delete files using a gui. I have followed these instructions but come to a problem...
  9. Need permission from myself to delete a folder but I can't get it

in Windows 10 Support
    Need permission from myself to delete a folder but I can't get it: I am trying to delete a folder on an external hard disk that was created on another computer. First it tells me that I need administrator permissions to modify it, which I grant. Then it tells me that I need permission from dougal\robert to do so, dougal\robert being my own...
  10. Can't delete folder - Windows requires Administrator permission

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't delete folder - Windows requires Administrator permission: Hello, I try to completely delete a folder from C:\Program Files (x86), after I uninstalled the program it contained, but I get this message: "You require permission from administrators to make changes to this folder" But I am the administrator, no? Thanks *Smile 12525

Users found this page by searching for:

1. require permission from myself to delete