Windows 10: required privilege error

Discus and support required privilege error in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; i keep getting this error recently ..any help would be appreciated thank you [img] 62414 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kemibs, Sep 1, 2016.

1. kemibs Win User

required privilege error

i keep getting this error recently ..any help would be appreciated thank you

required privilege error [​IMG]

:)

kemibs, Sep 1, 2016
  2. KSBoone Win User

Error 0x80070522: A required privilege is not held by the client.

I am the Administrator using Windows 10, when I try to create something (i.e. a text document) on C drive I receive the following error "Error 0x80070522: A required privilege is not held by the client."

Each previous issue I have found regarding this error deals with additional OS's. What is the fix for Windows 10?

KSBoone, Sep 1, 2016
  3. bejay16 Win User
    Getting error message "A required privilege is not held by the client" on Windows 10.

original title - Privilege not held

I can't download or update any software

When I try to open it up it says

"A required privilege is not held by the client"

I can download photos

I am using Windows 10

Any help would be grateful

Barbara

bejay16, Sep 1, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

required privilege error

You've probably fixed this by now by searching for that error message.
    I did and found this, and many other such results..
    How to fix error - YouTube

Does that help?

dalchina, Sep 2, 2016
  5. kemibs Win User
    no it doesnt work on windows 10

kemibs, Sep 2, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Why not? Do you have Pro or Home?

dalchina, Sep 2, 2016
  7. kemibs Win User
    i have home

kemibs, Sep 2, 2016
  8. dalchina New Member

required privilege error

If you create a new user for test purposes, does the same happen?
    And can you confirm that you are trying to save the file to that folder when you get this error?

dalchina, Sep 3, 2016
  9. kemibs Win User
    I havent tried new user yet but if i allow full permission on the c: drive it starts to go through the stages then start to give errors so i cancel it

kemibs, Sep 3, 2016
  10. kemibs Win User
    any help?

kemibs, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

required privilege error

1. required privilege error - Similar Threads - required privilege error

2. A Required Privilege Is Not Held By The Client error on start-up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A Required Privilege Is Not Held By The Client error on start-up: I got this error for the first time when I booted up my legion 7 today. Yesterday, I installed a few games off of the Xbox app, downloaded MSI Afterburner, and Malwarebytes. That's all. I ran my pc quite extensively yesterday and played some pretty taxing games but I don't...
  3. A Required Privilege Not Held By The Client

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    A Required Privilege Not Held By The Client: I tried to restart my Win 10 computer, but saw something about 'task host window' preventing the restart. I clicked something, the computer restarted, and then I saw this message. Should I do something now to correct this??...
  4. A Required Privilege Not Held By The Client

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A Required Privilege Not Held By The Client: I tried to restart my Win 10 computer, but saw something about 'task host window' preventing the restart. I clicked something, the computer restarted, and then I saw this message. Should I do something now to correct this??...
  5. A Required Privilege Not Held By The Client

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. "Required Privilege Not Held By Client"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Required Privilege Not Held By Client": I am receiving the following error message at Log In each time:Can any one tell me how to get rid of this? Thank You...JWarner https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/required-privilege-not-held-by-client/a68ff2a1-6b5e-4570-b09c-be3b1ed56b02
  7. "Required Privilege Not Held By Client"

"Required Privilege Not Held By Client": I am receiving the following error message at Log In each time:Can any one tell me how to get rid of this? Thank You...JWarner https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/required-privilege-not-held-by-client/a68ff2a1-6b5e-4570-b09c-be3b1ed56b02
  8. A required privilege is not held by the client

A required privilege is not held by the client: Quick backstory, I was being dumb and got an adware that ran on startup and opened a browser page obviously an indication my PC was hacked. So I downloaded Malwarebytes. It saw it, quarantined it. Restarted just to make sure it is actually gone, and it is. But now I get this...
  9. A required privilege is not held by the client

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    A required privilege is not held by the client: Quick backstory, I was being dumb and got an adware that ran on startup and opened a browser page obviously an indication my PC was hacked. So I downloaded Malwarebytes. It saw it, quarantined it. Restarted just to make sure it is actually gone, and it is. But now I get this...
  10. "Required Privilege Not Held By The Client" error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Required Privilege Not Held By The Client" error: PLEASE HELP ME I have an HP laptop computer, Windows 10 Home, Version10.0.17134 I tried your support and they could not help me. They said to perform a clean install. I do not want to do that. For the last month, I have been getting a “required privilege is not held...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kemibs