Windows 10: Required to type 'A1B2C3' before entering PIN

Discus and support Required to type 'A1B2C3' before entering PIN in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; As of a week ago, I have been receiving the error message, "You've entered an incorrect PIN serveral times. To try again enter A1B2C3 below." The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by FRSMichael, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Required to type 'A1B2C3' before entering PIN

As of a week ago, I have been receiving the error message, "You've entered an incorrect PIN serveral times. To try again enter A1B2C3 below." The problem with that is that I have never entered my PIN incorrectly and am the only one that utilizes my desktop. I have ran malware/virus scans and have turned up zero discrepancies. Additionally, I reinstalled Windows 10 (and activated) a month ago after upgrading my motherboard, processor, and memory. So why is it asking me to enter in this letter/number combination EVERY time despite never having entered in my PIN incorrectly? This is rather annoying and essentially a two-step authentication factor, of sorts, that I did not ask for. Is anyone else experiencing this?

:)

FRSMichael, Nov 9, 2017
  2. Reidus83 Win User

Challenge phrase requested on every boot up

I'm having the same issue.. I've never typed my PIN incorrectly but every time I turn on my computer now it makes my type A1B2C3 then my pin before I can log into windows..

Reidus83, Nov 9, 2017
  3. "You have entered an incorrect pin several times" message when I turn on the PC

Hi,

Quite often, when I start my PC, at the login screen I get the message "you have entered an incorrect pin several times", which is of course not the case, since I just turned on the machine.

At that point, I have to type A1B2C3 to unlock the prompt and enter my pin.

Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks.

PaoloTedesco, Nov 9, 2017
  4. mrgeek Win User

Required to type 'A1B2C3' before entering PIN

This is a problem that pops up frequently on Windows phones which requires a phone reset. Unless someone comes by with a definitive suggestion, you might want to do a in-Place Repair Install/Upgrade which will take little over an hour and keep your files and programs. You can use Tutorial starting at Step 4 from within Windows after you sign in -
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

mrgeek, Nov 9, 2017
Thema:

Required to type 'A1B2C3' before entering PIN

1. Required to type 'A1B2C3' before entering PIN - Similar Threads - Required type 'A1B2C3'

2. you've entered an incorrect pin several times to try again enter a1b2c3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    you've entered an incorrect pin several times to try again enter a1b2c3: My colleague tried to mess with my computer and entered the pin several times while I'm away now every time I open my laptop before entering my pin this shows up:" you've entered an incorrect pin several times to try again enter a1b2c3I should type this "A1B2C3" "how can I...
  3. you've entered an incorrect pin several times to try again enter a1b2c3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    you've entered an incorrect pin several times to try again enter a1b2c3: My colleague tried to mess with my computer and entered the pin several times while I'm away now every time I open my laptop before entering my pin this shows up:" you've entered an incorrect pin several times to try again enter a1b2c3I should type this "A1B2C3" "how can I...
  4. WIN10, Login PIN only unable to reset, or use password requires A1B2C3

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    WIN10, Login PIN only unable to reset, or use password requires A1B2C3: Dear reader, I have a Windows 10 PRO build, where I am unable to login with since July.Might have been after an update, that it switched to PIN only it is not my laptop, helping out a friend.- Login screen requires only PIN, there is NO option for reset pin or switch to...
  5. Code A1B2C3 impossible to enter password solution

Code A1B2C3 impossible to enter password solution: Took me a lot of time to find out that the icon pincode below the field to enter the password was active. Solution:click on the icon next to it, meant to be active if you enter your password. Did not find this information in the provided solutions, so I share this one with...
  6. Code A1B2C3 impossible to enter password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Code A1B2C3 impossible to enter password: Took me a lot of time to find out that the icon pincode below the field to enter the password was active. Solution:click on the icon next to it, meant to be active if you enter your password. Did not find this information in the provided solutions, so I share this one with...
  7. Code A1B2C3 impossible to enter password

Code A1B2C3 impossible to enter password: Took me a lot of time to find out that the icon pincode below the field to enter the password was active. Solution:click on the icon next to it, meant to be active if you enter your password. Did not find this information in the provided solutions, so I share this one with...
  8. If I type the pin wrong too many times A1B2C3 required can I still use fingerprint?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I type the pin wrong too many times A1B2C3 required can I still use fingerprint?: Hi,My husband has accidentally typed my pin on my laptop wrong too many times. Now the “A1B2C3” is required, after which the correct pin is needed. I usually don’t use the pin and forgot it. Is there any way for me to log in with fingerprint like usual without needing to also...
  9. If I type the pin wrong too many times A1B2C3 required can I still use fingerprint?

If I type the pin wrong too many times A1B2C3 required can I still use fingerprint?: Hi,My husband has accidentally typed my pin on my laptop wrong too many times. Now the “A1B2C3” is required, after which the correct pin is needed. I usually don’t use the pin and forgot it. Is there any way for me to log in with fingerprint like usual without needing to also...
  10. If I type the pin wrong too many times A1B2C3 required can I still use fingerprint?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen

Users found this page by searching for:

1. a1b2c3

2. enter a1b2c3 below

3. enter a1b2c3

4. windows 10 a1b2c3,
  5. hp laptop a1b2c3,
  6. safe to enter A1B2C3,
  7. to try again enter a1b2c3 windows 10,
  8. windows is asking me to enter a1b2c3,
  9. incorrect pin enter A1B2C3,
  10. a1b2c3 computer,
  11. a1b2c3 hp 2019,