Windows 10: Required updates disabled Office software

Discus and support Required updates disabled Office software in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hi. I am brand new here. My office recently purchased some HP Probook x360 11 G1 notebooks to be used OFF the domain. We set them up with an admin... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by kristellar26, May 14, 2018.

1. Required updates disabled Office software

Hi. I am brand new here. My office recently purchased some HP Probook x360 11 G1 notebooks to be used OFF the domain. We set them up with an admin account so we can restrict some power settings, etc. that we don't want them to change. Then a local account that they use to log in and use Office applications, etc. The problem we are having is that Windows 10 has started to come up with a security update that REQUIRES them to use admin credentials. They are not permitted to use any Office applications until the update is installed. So with 200+ users, we have had to deal with them 1 by 1 so far. But we are anticipating that ALL of these devices will eventually require this update. I am here to find out if there is ANY way to allow these types of updates to come down without an admin password? We are finding that the update takes 3+ hours and we don't have the time to babysit each device. So it would be easier to choose an option to allow important updates to come through automatically. OR I guess we will be forced to deal with each as they come in.. with the hope that we can enter the password and send them on their way.

Anyone have any ideas for this little predicament that we are in?? Thank you in advance for your assistance!

:)

kristellar26, May 14, 2018

2. Hi. I am brand new here. My office recently purchased some HP Probook x360 11 G1 notebooks to be used OFF the domain. We set them up with an admin account so we can restrict some power settings, etc. that we don't want them to change. Then a local account that they use to log in and use Office applications, etc. The problem we are having is that Windows 10 has started to come up with a security update that REQUIRES them to use admin credentials. They are not permitted to use any Office applications until the update is installed. So with 200+ users, we have had to deal with them 1 by 1 so far. But we are anticipating that ALL of these devices will eventually require this update. I am here to find out if there is ANY way to allow these types of updates to come down without an admin password? We are finding that the update takes 3+ hours and we don't have the time to babysit each device. So it would be easier to choose an option to allow important updates to come through automatically. OR I guess we will be forced to deal with each as they come in.. with the hope that we can enter the password and send them on their way.

Anyone have any ideas for this little predicament that we are in?? Thank you in advance for your assistance!

:)

kristellar26, May 14, 2018
Thema:

Required updates disabled Office software

1. Required updates disabled Office software - Similar Threads - Required updates disabled

2. Freezing Office software

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Freezing Office software: I am working remotely from home logging into my company database. I use a second monitor to help with different tasks. Recently I have been experiencing issues of freezing with office application on my computer. I have tried a laptop and and all in one PC and it is the same...
  3. Warning Alert !! Software drivers required advance update.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Warning Alert !! Software drivers required advance update.: About 1 week ago I started receiving this message ~ Warning Alert !! Software drivers required advance update. Window license blocked due to Network ip change please enter license key to update your computer or call 1+669-900-9325 for help ~ I have searched high & low to...
  4. Office restart required?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office restart required?: I was just upgraded to Office 365 version 1907 by the automatic update. After installing, all my office apps tell me I must restart Office to apply my privacy changes. Unfortunately, nothing I do makes those messages go away, and I haven't been able to find anything that...
  5. office 365 software

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    office 365 software: Two months ago I purchased Office 365 for my work and a seperate copy for my home and I have still not been able to use them. Although I am told they are installed every time I try to use them I get error "This operating system is not configured to use this application"...
  6. Office 365 automatic update disabled!

Office 365 automatic update disabled!: Recently found that Office 365 update, "This product will not be updated". Upon further check, found that there is a registry entry that disabled the update. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\policies\microsoft\office\16.0\common\OfficeUpdate DWORD: EnableAutomaticUpdates Values:...
  7. Office 365 automatic update disabled!

in Windows 10 News
    Office 365 automatic update disabled!: Recently found that Office 365 update, "This product will not be updated". Upon further check, found that there is a registry entry that disabled the update. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\policies\microsoft\office\16.0\common\OfficeUpdate DWORD: EnableAutomaticUpdates Values:...
  8. Loss of Office software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Loss of Office software: I did a reset following a help blog, to get a volume control in the tray. The reset removed my preloaded Microsoft Office. How to I get it back? I have the product key. I am using Windows 10...
  9. Required security software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Required security software: Hi all! First time poster here, and over the past six or so months I've been trying to ensure that my wife and I have secure computers. We're behind a hardware firewall, a Dlink wireless router, so I'm talking specifically about security software that I have purchased and...
  10. Office software comparison

Office software comparison: This is probably very subjective: I have Microsoft Office Pro 2003 and also the latest version of LibreOffice. I use Word/Writer and Excel/Calc only. Any opinions as to which software is better for my limited usage? Thanks in advance. 92307