Windows 10: Requiring Password for all program installation?

Discus and support Requiring Password for all program installation? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi All, Was wondering it is possible to require a password for any installation on Windows 10. If possible, can anyone run-down how? 92421 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ammonation, Aug 29, 2017.

1. Requiring Password for all program installation?

Hi All,

Was wondering it is possible to require a password for any installation on Windows 10.

If possible, can anyone run-down how?

:)

ammonation, Aug 29, 2017
  2. Ryan Pag Win User

Password required in Quickbooks program

Hi,

To better assist you, may we know which QuickBooks version do you use on your computer?

Thank you.

Ryan Pag, Aug 29, 2017
  3. Ryan Pag Win User
    Password required in Quickbooks program

Ryan I am using Quickbooks EasyStart 2013.
    We recommend you to update to QuickBooks 2016 R7 or an earlier release than R7 which is certified to work on Windows 10. QuickBooks 2014 and earlier is not supported on Windows 10. Please check compatibility of QuickBooks 2013

here

You may also see Windows 10 compatibility center. For more details click this
    link

Note: Roll back option is only available for a month after you upgrade to Windows 10.

Click on this
    link
    and follow the procedure.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Ryan Pag, Aug 29, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

Requiring Password for all program installation?

There may be a way in Group Policy Editor, can 'lock down' many things. With my Macintosh MacBook Pro Notebook that is the default, need the password for installing and updating.

Berton, Aug 29, 2017
  5. TairikuOkami, Aug 29, 2017
  6. Hi ran through your link but it never prompts for a password to install a program, just prompts a notification. Set it at the highest security level too.

ammonation, Sep 13, 2017
  7. Run CMD as admin and copy/paste: Code: reg add "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System" /v "ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin" /t REG_DWORD /d "3" /f reg add "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System" /v "ConsentPromptBehaviorUser" /t REG_DWORD /d "3" /f reg add "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System" /v "EnableFullTrustStartupTasks" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f reg add "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System" /v "EnableInstallerDetection" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f reg add "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System" /v "EnableLUA" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f reg add "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System" /v "EnableSecureUIAPaths" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f reg add "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System" /v "EnableUwpStartupTasks" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f reg add "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System" /v "EnableUIADesktopToggle" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f reg add "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System" /v "EnableVirtualization" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f reg add "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System" /v "FilterAdministratorToken" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f reg add "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System" /v "PromptOnSecureDesktop" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f[/quote]

TairikuOkami, Sep 13, 2017
  8. Try3 Win User

ammonation,

If you wanted a password to be enforced you would normally have to change over to a Standard user account.
    • It prompts for a password if the user account you are signed into is a Standard user account.
    • If you are logged into an Admin account, it just prompts for confirmation with a Yes / No choice instead.

The Registry changes described above might be able to achieve the non-standard behaviour that you want.

Denis

Try3, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Requiring Password for all program installation? - Similar Threads - Requiring Password program

2. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program required for this install...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program required for this install...: Hi,Im getting this error while trying to uninstall Python27 from my machine. Can anyone pls help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-a-problem-with-this-windows-installer/5aff4a4d-c213-42ad-b786-98f653d1e659
  3. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program required for this install...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program required for this install...: Hi,Im getting this error while trying to uninstall Python27 from my machine. Can anyone pls help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-a-problem-with-this-windows-installer/5aff4a4d-c213-42ad-b786-98f653d1e659
  4. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program required for this install...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. There is a problem with this Windows Installer Package. A program required for this install...

There is a problem with this Windows Installer Package. A program required for this install...: I want to use AltStore but can not use the Microsoft store version of the iCloud app so i have to install from the exe but I get this error and have tried all of the help guides online....
  6. Password Required, but Not Required yesterday ?!?!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password Required, but Not Required yesterday ?!?!: My mother-in-Law is now presented with a password screen. She says she never had to enter a password before. She doesn't know what it is. I went into F2 set up, and created an administrator password, but do not get an option for "Other User", so cannot use Administrator to...
  7. No password required.

No password required.: Hi, just got my new broadband and router up and running and I was prompted to enter the wireless key password I was given into all my devices, except my PC, which automatically connected to my new WIFI without any prompt for the password. The network on my PC says 'secured',...
  8. Password Requirement to Access Program

Password Requirement to Access Program: Can I setup a password requirement of a program in settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-requirement-to-access-program/6fbb5450-c212-4519-a46b-85071606c0be
  9. Password required

in Windows 10 Customization
    Password required: I have followed all instructions so that a password isn't required on my laptop. However, ever since the latest Windows 10 update, I have to type my password to get into Windows. For a number of reasons, I don't want to have to do that. What do I have to do to fix this?...
  10. Require Admin Password or Fingerprint to Install Programs?

Require Admin Password or Fingerprint to Install Programs?: Hey all, I was wondering if there was a way to require an Admin password or fingerprint (using the sensor on my PC) when installing an application, even when I am already an admin on the PC. I would like to do this just as another layer of security. As you know, on windows...