Windows 10: Rescue Medial for Macrium won't bott up

Discus and support Rescue Medial for Macrium won't bott up in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I installed Macrium Reflect software, did a backup, then created the Rescue Media in a USB Flash Drive. Changed Temp Startup Menu to boot from "Generic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by frustrated, Mar 26, 2017.

1. Rescue Medial for Macrium won't bott up

I installed Macrium Reflect software, did a backup, then created the Rescue Media in a USB Flash Drive. Changed Temp Startup Menu to boot from "Generic USB Flash Drive" and attempt to reboot. Laptop almost immediately comes back with a message that "operatV2.0system" not found and no more boot.. Think it is the first time I have gotten any kind of error message and I could not google it and get many hits on it.. I get zero hits on Google, and the reply I received from Macrium today says that that file is not part of Windows PE boot, so they don't think I am attempting to boot from USB.. Has to be , as the choice to boot from USB Drive is only on the temp startup menu is only there IF I have the flash drive in Laptop at poweron.. Anyone have any idea what operatV2.0sytstem is?

:)

frustrated, Mar 26, 2017

2. Error: Windows\system32\winload.exe

I upgraded my HP Pavilion g7 laptop to windows 10 from an original purchased windows 7. I am using Macrium Reflect to backup. I needed a new hard drive and purchased a WD. In Macrium, I used the "Image Disk" to my external hard drive. I created a Macrium
    rescue disk.

Put the rescue disk in the CD/DVD drive. Powered down, removed the battery, removed the old hard drive and installed the new one.

When I powered up, the disk drive spun and came up the error code: Oxc0000225 and the disk could not be accessed. The Macrium rescue disc would not load. I tried using an original Windows 7 disc and it would load either.

I am an older, intermediate user and don't know what to do. Please help!

BillNewAlbany, Mar 26, 2017
  3. Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Mar 26, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

Rescue Medial for Macrium won't bott up

Is it a UEFI MB you may need disable UEFI and secure boot

Samuria, Mar 26, 2017
  5. I am not sure what UEFI MB is.. I did go into setup, config, USB , and DISABLED UEFI Boot/Secure boot and tried rescue media again.. With UEFI Boot disabled, the laptop does not even see the flash drive, so it won't boot up.

frustrated, Mar 26, 2017
  6. Macrium Support sent the below reply to me, and although I wasn't convinced , I gave it a try and it worked. Thanks much for replying!
    "I think your flash drive is unsuitable. Some flash drives have a 'fake' virtual device (sometimes a CD) built into the flash firmware and this confuses the boot process. Please try a different flash drive.* "

frustrated, Mar 26, 2017
  7. Can you identify the flash drive - ie Manufacture/model ?

storageman, Mar 27, 2017
  8. Rescue Medial for Macrium won't bott up

Here is the link that they sent me as far as the Chipset. and below is the info he was able to send me regarding the drive itself.

Protocal Version: USB 2.00
    Current Speed: High Speed
    Max Current: 100mA

USB Device ID: VID = 058F PID = 6362
    Serial Number: 058F63626420

Device Vendor: Generic
    Device Name: Mass Storage Device
    Device Revision: 0100

Manufacturer: Generic-/Generic-/Generic-/Generic-
    Product Model: SD/MMC/Compact Flash/SM/xD Picture/MS/MS-Pro
    Product Revision: 1.00/1.01/1.02/1.03

Controller Vendor: Alcor
    Controller Part-Number: AU6362~AU6375

frustrated, Mar 29, 2017
Thema:

Rescue Medial for Macrium won't bott up

1. Rescue Medial for Macrium won't bott up - Similar Threads - Rescue Medial Macrium

2. Macrium rescue media

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium rescue media: Hows everybody? I solved this in the past and cant recall exactly how I did it. The macrium rescue media tool cant detect the correct drivers for a usb 3.0 device. And this is win 7 era hardware. It says that winRE has built in support. Not. I had to install the drivers for...
  3. Macrium Rescue USB Won't Boot

Macrium Rescue USB Won't Boot: Today I received a new Alienware r11 PC, UEFI Firmware. I created a Macrium Rescue USB but when I tried to boot from it the option wasn't available. I've disable Secure Boot but other then that I've done nothing to the firmware since this is my first UEFI PC. These are the...
  4. Macrium Rescue USB Won't Boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Macrium Rescue USB Won't Boot: Today I received a new Alienware r11 PC, UEFI Firmware. I created a Macrium Rescue USB but when I tried to boot from it the option wasn't available. I've disable Secure Boot but other then that I've done nothing to the firmware since this is my first UEFI PC. These are the...
  5. macrium rescue media

macrium rescue media: hi, I have installed a new external HDD for my backup image. Do I have to create a new rescue media? 113539
  6. Macrium Reflect /rescue media

Macrium Reflect /rescue media: Hi, Do I have to create a new rescue media (USB) for every Windows 10 machines I have, or is the first I created valid for all the others? 112784
  7. Macrium reflect rescue usb problem

Macrium reflect rescue usb problem: Though this belongs to Win 7 32 bit but I think people here may have answer to my problem. I created a Macrium USB pen drive (fat 16 formatted) but PC is not booting this pen drive and error comes up - operating system missing). PC first boot device is my pen drive. 28084
  8. Macrium Reflect Rescue Media

Macrium Reflect Rescue Media: Hi, I recently created a rescue media as I wanted to backup Windows 10 Fall creators update. After creating the rescue media to pen drive i backed up the partion of windows drive. What I noticed later that all my internal drives are now are removable or ejectable....
  9. Macrium Reflect Rescue Media

Macrium Reflect Rescue Media: Hi i have a desktop PC with Windows 10 home. i have created the Macrium Reflect rescue media on USB. ( I have used it to restore images and works fine ). i have a Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 Pro, i have created an image of the disc using Macrium Reflect and saved it...
  10. Macrium: Rescue Media

Macrium: Rescue Media: Having turned to Macrium for daily backups, I have created a Rescue Media DVD. When testing to see if it would boot (as Macrium advise). I was unable to choose which of the options offered was correct. Attached is a clip of my boot menu with the DVD in its tray. Oddly, the...