Windows 10: Researchers crack new version of CryptXXX ransomware

Discus and support Researchers crack new version of CryptXXX ransomware in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Researchers from Kaspersky Lab have developed a method of decrypting files affected with the latest version of CryptXXX, a malware program that... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Borg 386, May 16, 2016.

1. Borg 386 Win User

Researchers crack new version of CryptXXX ransomware

Researchers crack new version of CryptXXX ransomware | PCWorld

:)

Borg 386, May 16, 2016
  2. Monkey57 Win User
    Monkey57, May 16, 2016
  3. How crypto ransomware spreads... is it decryptable...should I pay the ransom

Keep in mind that there are several security vendors which provide such tools but there is
    no guarantee they will always work properly. Further, as the malware developers release new versions of their ransomware, a tool which worked on previous versions may no longer work on newer ones. Case in point, Kaspersky's RannohDecryptor
    tool tool will not work on CryptXXX 3.x variants....see
    here

quietman7 - MVP, May 16, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Good news! Thanks Dr. Borg.

simrick, May 17, 2016
  5. eLPuSHeR Win User
    Great news. Thank you for the heads up. *Cool

eLPuSHeR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Researchers crack new version of CryptXXX ransomware - Similar Threads - Researchers crack version

2. Cracked Version

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cracked Version: Hey,I am using a cracked version of windows. In my country, almost everyone uses this version nd is really hard to get a real one because of the inflation. Especially for students, its very unlikely that you can buy a real windows. I know its very unethical to use these...
  3. Cracked Version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cracked Version: Hey,I am using a cracked version of windows. In my country, almost everyone uses this version nd is really hard to get a real one because of the inflation. Especially for students, its very unlikely that you can buy a real windows. I know its very unethical to use these...
  4. Cracked Version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Using Crack Version of Windows

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Using Crack Version of Windows: Hi i am Syed Arif ismail from Bangladesh. i using a crack version as most of us in this country do. but i feel guilty of doing that as our religion is not support us to do so. but i cannot effort your original version. so, i can get any deal from your side. or is it...
  6. new ransomware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    new ransomware: Hi all Anybody now the ransomware , he changed extension of files with .id[7C0A4F7D-2254] <PII Removed by Moderator> Thanks *Moved from Windows forums* https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/new-ransomware/751a19c5-13ce-4b61-bed0-b67ca78fae67
  7. new ransomware

new ransomware: Hi all Anybody now the ransomware , he changed extension of files with .id[7C0A4F7D-2254] *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-ransomware/751a19c5-13ce-4b61-bed0-b67ca78fae67"
  8. New Ransomware attack

New Ransomware attack: Only 5 days out and Win10 being screwed with. This link was in an E-Mail today: New Windows 10 scam will encrypt your files for ransom | ZDNet 12608
  9. Petya ransomware encryption system cracked

Petya ransomware encryption system cracked: Petya ransomware victims can now unlock infected computers without paying. An unidentified programmer has produced a tool that exploits shortfalls in the way the malware encrypts a file that allows Windows to start up. In notes put on code-sharing site Github, he said...
  10. TeslaCrypt ransomware now impossible to crack, researchers say

TeslaCrypt ransomware now impossible to crack, researchers say: Ramsomware has become a large presence on the net. The Locky virus is another example of the new ransomware that has no way to circumvent the encryption. If you want to effectively defend against this, your best defense is to have a back up of your OS & files. Your Anti Virus...