Windows 10: Researchers say Intel's Management Engine feature can be switched off

Discus and support Researchers say Intel's Management Engine feature can be switched off in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; It seems some government customers can request Intel's always-on Management Engine (ME) 'master controller' for its CPUs to be disabled. That's not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Borg 386, Aug 29, 2017.

1. Borg 386 Win User

Researchers say Intel's Management Engine feature can be switched off

Researchers say Intel's Management Engine feature can be switched off | ZDNet

:)

Borg 386, Aug 29, 2017

2. What is causing my BSOD Driver_Power_State_Failure?

Good teamwork, Auggy!

Equipped with your help knowing what software caused the crash, I did more research. Here is a little strange solution, but computer boots and works fine.

• I installed the latest version of Intel Management Engine Interface from my laptop manufacturer's site
    • I then DISABLED Intel Management Engine in device manager. Enabling it later will cause BSOD, so I keep it off. It is not a critical software.
    • I now run Window Update which does not force a faulty driver on me any longer.
    This error cost me 2 days of work... but it seems fine now.

ThinkPadOwner, Aug 29, 2017
  3. lbfenters Win User
    Intel Management Engine

I downloaded Windows 10 back in the fall. After a few weeks, I realized that, even though I was shutting my computer down, it didn't fully shut down. I have a Dell Laptop and unfortunately left my computer overnight on a fabric surface. The next morning
    I picked it up and the bottom was as hot as a firecracker. I was furious. Luckily, there doesn't appear to have been any permanent damage. I procrastinated over the next 2 weeks, holding the power button down long enough to make sure that it shut down completely.
    I began to think that this wasn't healthy for the computer, so I went to revert back to Windows 8.1. Oops, 30 days had passed and there was no longer an option to for this. I had to contact Dell and have an 8.1 version sent. I performed a clean install,
    and unfortunately did not back up everything that I needed, so I lost some very important stuff. Again, not happy. And, the 8.1 version did not take care of the problem.

I searched the web, and found out that MANY people were experiencing the same thing. I tried uninstalling an Intel Management Engine program that I had seen on a forum, and this took care of the shutting down. However, my sleep mode still didn't work.
    The only way to bring it back from sleep was to, once again, hold the power button down for about 10 seconds.

So, I still have no concrete solution to my problem. And it's very slick, because no company wants to acknowledge the problem and offer a solution. Whose fault is it...Microsoft, Dell or Intel? I shouldn't have to go to miscellaneous forums to look for
    an answer. I laugh when my daily pop-up says that my computer is compatible with Windows 10 and to please upgrade. You've said that before.

Is there some response from Microsoft?

lbfenters, Aug 29, 2017
Thema:

Researchers say Intel's Management Engine feature can be switched off

1. Researchers say Intel's Management Engine feature can be switched off - Similar Threads - Researchers Intel's Management

2. Uninstall Intel Management Engine Components

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstall Intel Management Engine Components: I have recently checked that "Intel Management Engine Components" Actually an app is taking up about 432MB, should I uninstall it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstall-intel-management-engine-components/befdb09a-1992-4397-8a92-852668fcbaf5
  3. Can feature updates be switched off?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can feature updates be switched off?: Do you know if it's possible to switch off feature updates on Windows 10 and only allow security updates? Or would Microsoft consider this?I'm on 1GB pay as you go mobile broadband every 30 days and top up with vouchers so need to make it last the month.Do you know if feature...
  4. intel management engine not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    intel management engine not working: Intel R management not working and my laptop shuts down by itself after 20 mins. Ive tried updating, it said its in the newest version i tried uninstalling and deleting and it still doesnt work. Laptop still shuts down. Ive tried getting cleaning the insides for dusting...
  5. Intel Management Engine Interface Driver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Intel Management Engine Interface Driver: I needed to flatten and re-install Windows 10 64bit earlier this week due to a virus. I am seeing the following issue in Device Manager regardingIntel Management Engine Interface Driver. I went to the INTEL support page and downloaded and tried to install 2 separate files...
  6. driver Intel Management Engine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    driver Intel Management Engine: in windows update ... drive and install ..show this drive Intel - System - 4/12/2017 12:00:00 AM - 14.28.47.630 after download .. show blue screen please remove this drive of windows update ... drive and install Dump File : 100320-24000-01.dmp Crash Time :...
  7. How to uninstall Intel Management Engine

How to uninstall Intel Management Engine: Hi guys, Need help of uninstall this driver. at first i try to upgrade the driver only notice this error come out. here the log. how i repair or download the latest still cant uninstall. https://1drv.ms/u/s!An0ZMBfzr4vXoHd0M4zlm1Iuk3mr?e=GJuGya ***Original title:...
  8. Latest Intel Management Engine Driver

Latest Intel Management Engine Driver: Latest Intel Management Engine Driver WHQL Intel Management Engine Driver Download Link [img] Note WHQL version: 1909.12.0.1236 Release Date: March 26, 2019 Download: Intel Management Engine Driver Release Notes Intel® Management Engine Driver for Windows 8.1* and...
  9. Intel(R) Management Engine Component

in Windows 10 Customization
    Intel(R) Management Engine Component: When I ran "smart scan anitvirus" on laptop it said, if I put Management Engine component to sleep, it would help the speed of my pc. My virus app can do it. Will I have any problems if I do this? Will it keep from updating windows or programs? Purchased: 2013 Toshiba...
  10. Intel Management Engine

Intel Management Engine: What is Intel Management Engine Components. I have a Dell Precision Tower 7910 and Laptop Precision 7710. they have the Intel Management Engine Components installed. I am running Win 10. I am not on a corporate network. The Intel Management Engine Components also installs...