Windows 10: Reservation

Discus and support Reservation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I reserved my copy of windows 10 back in June but still haven't received my notice yet. I really don't want to use the MS tool but I'm getting sick of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by novelist11, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Reservation

I reserved my copy of windows 10 back in June but still haven't received my notice yet. I really don't want to use the MS tool but I'm getting sick of waiting. Anyone else still waiting for your notice?

:)

novelist11, Aug 9, 2015

2. What key do I use if rebuilding a dead PC?

In the event of having to rebuild a pc after running the Free Windows 10 update, will the Windows 10 key be easily available? And will you be able to install a clean version of Windows 10? Or will you reinstall the original OS?

Reservation Software, Aug 9, 2015
  3. Upgrade Reservation Trouble (Reservation Box Disappeared)

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Windows 10 Insider Preview.

Based on the issue description, it seems that your device is already reserved for Windows 10, though you were unable to enter the email address.

Please follow the steps below and see if it helps:

• Click on the hamburger menu.
    • Select the View Confirmation option.
    • You will see the status of the upgrade.

Hope this helps, do let us know if you need further assistance with Windows.

ShrikarAcharya, Aug 9, 2015
  4. letmein Win User

Reservation

Try shutting off and uninstalling any running software including security tools. Also remove any usb connected devices (camera, flash drive, printer, 2nd monitor... ) and reboot the pc. I've also heard a 2nd hard drive can cause issues when upgrading.

letmein, Aug 9, 2015
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    People have had better luck with the "Upgrade this PC now" option of the Media Creation Tool than they have had with Windows Update. That, and the additional ability to create an installation USB or DVD makes the Media Creation Tool the preferred method to me.

NavyLCDR, Aug 9, 2015
  6. I have my Get Windows 10 icon in the taskbar but still waiting for my notice. I'm just wondering if I'm missing some file or something that is causing this delay. I reserved my copy of windows 10 back in June so I should have received my notice by now.

novelist11, Aug 17, 2015
  7. Boozad Win User
    Boozad, Aug 17, 2015
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

Reservation

Cans How To Force Your System To Update : PERSONAL TECH : Tech Times

Personally, I would use the Media Creation Tool.

NavyLCDR, Aug 17, 2015
  9. meebers Win User
    I am also waiting for notification.(W7) I do not want to do a manual update at this time. I right clicked the white windows icon, and checked my system, it is a go, but still no notification. Wonder what might be holding up the notification. In the next hour or so, I am removing all my hdd's/ssd's and have a manual go at it just to verify my hardware is ok. But my goal is to first do an upgrade over W7.

UPDATE: Might take a little longer, just got W10 version 10525*Biggrin @ 65% download now.

meebers, Aug 17, 2015
  10. 3 weeks and still no notification yet. Anyone else still waiting? Really don't want to do it manually.

novelist11, Aug 20, 2015
  11. AddRAM Win User
    AddRAM, Aug 20, 2015
  12. AddRAM Win User
    Not sure what`s up with my Windows 7 install on the Gateway either, although I just clicked on the icon it says it could take days or weeks ( no rush ) but the option to use the Media Creation tool works fine, so I wouldn`t wait if you really want 10, just use that option, it`s really no different then the method you`re waiting on.

The Gateway is an experiment PC that rarely gets used.

AddRAM, Aug 22, 2015
  13. AddRAM Win User

Reservation

Only took 1 day using the update option, flipped on the Gateway today and I got the notification 10 was ready to download. Windows 10 upgraded from 7 no issues.

AddRAM, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Reservation

1. Reservation - Similar Threads - Reservation

2. why is 10gb of my 12gn total used on system reserved, i tried everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is 10gb of my 12gn total used on system reserved, i tried everything: i just downgraded from 11 to 10 version 2303 because window 11 is too much on a 2015ish laptop, heres the model edge e531 thinkpad - type 6885, i tried resetting bios, re arranging ram, using dual slot and single slot nothing works the system reserved was always above 90% of...
  3. why is 10gb of my 12gn total used on system reserved, i tried everything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why is 10gb of my 12gn total used on system reserved, i tried everything: i just downgraded from 11 to 10 version 2303 because window 11 is too much on a 2015ish laptop, heres the model edge e531 thinkpad - type 6885, i tried resetting bios, re arranging ram, using dual slot and single slot nothing works the system reserved was always above 90% of...
  4. why is 10gb of my 12gn total used on system reserved, i tried everything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How can I speak to a representative at Emirates Airlines regarding my reservation?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I speak to a representative at Emirates Airlines regarding my reservation?: Use the helpline: Use the telephone number provided 1-855-590-3424 OTA Emirates Airlines - US line. USA Please ask the person in charge for guidance and support.@#$%^&^%$#@#$%To contact Emirates Airlines in the US, call 1-855-590-4329OTA Emirates Airlines -US line.How do I...
  6. How do i make a reserved system partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i make a reserved system partition: How do i make a reserved system partition? i am trying to move my system partition in the same disk that have the boot partition disk 2 but i cant since my system file is on the same partition that have all my personal files volume L. Is there any way that i can separate the...
  7. How do i make a reserved system partition

How do i make a reserved system partition: How do i make a reserved system partition? i am trying to move my system partition in the same disk that have the boot partition disk 2 but i cant since my system file is on the same partition that have all my personal files volume L. Is there any way that i can separate the...
  8. How do i make a reserved system partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. "We couldn't update the system reserved partition" error when trying to run in-place...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "We couldn't update the system reserved partition" error when trying to run in-place...: Hi,I need help,please.. I'm currently using Windows 11 but I keep getting BSOD crashes when turning on my computer. I tried all the solutions to troubleshoot this but I still couldn't figure out what's causing all these crashes. So today, I decided I'll reinstall Windows 11,...
  10. "We couldn't update the system reserved partition" error when trying to run in-place...

"We couldn't update the system reserved partition" error when trying to run in-place...: Hi,I need help,please.. I'm currently using Windows 11 but I keep getting BSOD crashes when turning on my computer. I tried all the solutions to troubleshoot this but I still couldn't figure out what's causing all these crashes. So today, I decided I'll reinstall Windows 11,...