Windows 10: Reserved and Upgraded from W8.1, can I Clean install now?

Discus and support Reserved and Upgraded from W8.1, can I Clean install now? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I have Windows 10 now, Reservation and Upgrading ran smoothly, I want to clean install now formatting HDD, Will it ask me for a product key, or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tarik, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Tarik Win User

Reserved and Upgraded from W8.1, can I Clean install now?

Hi

I have Windows 10 now, Reservation and Upgrading ran smoothly, I want to clean install now formatting HDD,
    Will it ask me for a product key, or will the fresh Windows 10 be activated even after formatting with no key,

have anyone tried this?

Thanks!

:)

Tarik, Jul 29, 2015

2. Windows 10 is too Slow to turn off my notebook

I prefer "clean install". I did upgrade to w10 home from w8.1. But as soon as w10 was activated. I got w10 ISO file from media tool and did "clean install" with Rufus tool-USB boot. No w8.1 recovery on partition.

My experience with w10 home OS has been very smooth. To me, it is better than w8.1

Jmarco0921, Jul 29, 2015
  3. win 7 pro key...to install w10pro in virtual machine this fits or needed install w7 pro and after upgrade it

Also and this relevant:

w8.1 pro - Not VM, installed normal in HP PC - can upgraded to w10 pro without losing data and apps ... but from iso file at...

Download Windows 10

rather way download auto(reserve)?

Lse123polis, Jul 29, 2015
  4. MoInSTL Win User

Don't need a key. When doing a clean install on the same machine you upgraded and it asks for the product key, choose skip. Then go make sure it's activated. I did hear that the activation may take a few tries as it's now getting hammered.

I strongly suggest you take the time to read this tutorial: Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums

MoInSTL, Jul 29, 2015
Thema:

1. Reserved and Upgraded from W8.1, can I Clean install now? - Similar Threads - Reserved Upgraded Clean

2. Reserved Windows 10 Downloaded the Media but never installed it can I install it now

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reserved Windows 10 Downloaded the Media but never installed it can I install it now: So the title says it all. Back in early 2016 I was offered to upgrade to Windows 10 In April 2016 I downloaded the iso using the media tool. I never got around to installing it. Now that Windows 7 support is ending I thought I might as well bite the bullet. Is it...
  3. Clean install after upgrade and now not activated: troubleshooting

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Clean install after upgrade and now not activated: troubleshooting: Some months ago I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 pro. I recently did a clean install, spent hrs setting up the system the way I wanted and then received a prompt about activation. After this I did another clean install of Windows 10 Pro N with the same result. No...
  4. Can I Clean Install Win10 If I Upgraded from 7?

Can I Clean Install Win10 If I Upgraded from 7?: I was one that was able to upgrade for free from Windows 7. Everything had worked just fine, yet my computer never ran nearly as good after the 1607 update, despite fixes. With my upgrade, am I able to Clean Install without having to install Windows 7 first then upgrade to...
  5. Clean install now?

Clean install now?: My system (W7 64) is badly in need of a clean install but I was waiting until next month to do it with W10. However, it is quickly becoming unusable so I am wondering about doing it immediately - with the preview (I already use preview W10 on my laptop). However, the FAQ...
  6. Clean install w10 from w8

Clean install w10 from w8: Hi guys, I'm stuck at a point where I cant go back nor proceed further, please assist me.. My scenario is i tried clean installation of w10 but as my partition is in GPT format it is not accepting, what I did as a mistake is I formatted the drive having w8, now my pc isnt...
  7. Can I upgrade and then clean install with a new HDD?

Can I upgrade and then clean install with a new HDD?: Hi all, I'm finally thinking to upgrade from W7 to W10. Here's the situation at the moment: 1) 256GB System SSD 2) 1TB data HDD 3) 3TB Raid 1 HDD for backup I want to mount a new 500GB SSD as primary system drive, so I was thinking to use this occasion to put W10...
  8. Upgrade Perfect Now Should I Clean Install

Upgrade Perfect Now Should I Clean Install: I did the upgrade on my Laptop from 8.1 to 10, went smoothly everything works so far. Now i have to decide do a reset and do a clean install since i always worry if later there will e a problem, should i safely think if no problems now that if i reformat a clean install that...
  9. should i now clean install

should i now clean install: evening guys, question for you all am using 10240 as an insider should I now do a clean install or just leave it running as it is , only with all the downloads and updates since day 1 i,ve accumulated 86gb used on my hard drive out of 234gb if so what product key do I use...
  10. You Can Upgrade to Win10 Pro for a £1 Now

in Windows 10 Support
    You Can Upgrade to Win10 Pro for a £1 Now: If you are running Windows 10 Home Edition and want to upgrade to Pro you can do it for about £1 English or 14:99 Swedish kroner. To do this click on Start then Settings. Now click on Update and Security then on Activation and you will see the option to upgrade. Click on...