Windows 10: Reserved Partition Error

Discus and support Reserved Partition Error in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I want to bounce this off you before move ahead. I'm getting the Reserved Partion error when I try to install Win 10 on my Wn 7 rig. My SSD is an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BillS22, Aug 5, 2015.

1. BillS22 Win User

Reserved Partition Error

I want to bounce this off you before move ahead.
    I'm getting the Reserved Partion error when I try to install Win 10 on my Wn 7 rig.

My SSD is an EVO 500
    partitions are
    Data 100MB
    C: 419GB
    Unallocated 46.58GB - this is my Over Provision Partition.

I guess I need need to increase my Data Partition to about 350MB. I want to use Minni Partition Wizard.
    Should I Reduce the Front End of my C partition? And use that space to grow the Data Partition?
    From my research, I Think I got it right.

:)

BillS22, Aug 5, 2015
  2. qinada Win User

cannot locate system reserved partition on Disk Management

This Windows 10 upgrade error is usually caused by insufficient space on the System Reserved partition. When you install Windows to a partitioned MBR disk, Windows will create an additional partition without drive letter labeled as System Reserved, which
    stores important boot files and normally locates before the system partition (often known as C: drive). On Windows 7, it often takes 100MB disk space, 350MB on Windows 8, and 500MB on Windows 10. Since upgrading to Windows 10 needs more space on the System
    Reserved partition, Windows 10 will not upgrade unless it detects that the System Reserved partition has enough space. If you fresh install Windows 10 to a specific partition, you won't receive this error. By the way, the System Reserved partition first appearance
    was on Windows 7, so you won't have this error on previous versions of Windows.

To solve this problem of being unable to update System Reserved partition, you can increase the size of System Reserved partition using third party free partition software like AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard, which can manage your disks and partitions
    without data loss.

For detailed solution, see this article: Fix "We Couldn’t Update the System Reserved Partition" Error

qinada, Aug 5, 2015
  3. PA Bear - MS MVP, Aug 5, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Reserved Partition Error

Post a screenshot of a full screen Disk Management window.

To open Disk Management, press Windows key+r, type diskmgmt.msc and press Enter or click GO. Make it full screen. Expand the fields as necessary so everything can be seen.

Windows 10: How to Take a Screenshot in Windows 10

Ztruker, Aug 5, 2015
  5. BillS22 Win User
    Reserved Partition Error [​IMG]

BillS22, Aug 5, 2015
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Thanks, Yes, what you proposed is what you need to do. Might even go to 500MB though 350MB should be enough.

Ztruker, Aug 5, 2015
  7. BillS22 Win User
    Thanks. Didn't want mess with my C partition without advice.

BillS22, Aug 5, 2015
  8. BillS22 Win User

Reserved Partition Error

It work! After re-boot Windows went right to Win 10 download.
    Just waiting on the 2.6 GB down load to complete.

BillS22, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Reserved Partition Error

1. Reserved Partition Error - Similar Threads - Reserved Partition Error

2. Move system partition to system reserve partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Move system partition to system reserve partition: I had just install a new m.2 NVMe card yesterday and had cloned my primary drive over to the m.2. It was working wonderfully and was booting up okay then I had decided to clear the original primary drive. I had then tried updating windows from settings and when it tried to...
  3. System Reserved Partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System Reserved Partition: Hello, I did some storage upgrade on my system by adding an M.2 NVME 1TB SSD drive and cloned my old drive that has windows 10 operating system. I now have two systems reserved partition on both the old and newly installed drive. The system reserved section limits my...
  4. System reserved Partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System reserved Partition: as you can probably see in the screenshot , my System reserved Partition and the partition where my windows is installed are on totally different drives: windows: drive 0 (SSD) System reserved Partition: drive 1 (HDD) what i want is simple: move System reserved Partition...
  5. Recovery Partition vs System Reserved Partition

Recovery Partition vs System Reserved Partition: I built a WIN 10 (home version) desktop a few months back with a single SSD as its C Drive. It all works fine. Today I went to clone that drive using Samsung Data Migration. Disk Management shows that my originating SSD has both a healthy, primary bootable (main) partition...
  6. Recovery Partition vs System Reserved Partition

in Windows 10 Support
    Recovery Partition vs System Reserved Partition: I built a WIN 10 (home version) desktop a few months back with a single SSD as its C Drive. It all works fine. Today I went to clone that drive using Samsung Data Migration. Disk Management shows that my originating SSD has both a healthy, primary bootable (main) partition...
  7. Recovery Partitions/System Reserved Partitions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recovery Partitions/System Reserved Partitions: I have Windows 10 Home Version 1803 installed in my pc. Windows is installed on Disk 5. Disk 5 contains my C drive and D partition that I created after Windows was installed. It also contains a partition named System Reserved which Windows created when I installed Windows...
  8. Storage Reserved Partition Error

Storage Reserved Partition Error: I just built my first PC and am now running into some problems I could use some help with. I initially installed Windows 10 from a USB onto my SSD (Samsung 850 EVO 250gb), but also had my WD Blue 1TB HDD installed. The storage reserved partition was erroneously installed onto...
  9. Reserved Partition Error - Fix Doesn't Work

Reserved Partition Error - Fix Doesn't Work: I entered the key to my windows 10 copy and got the error, couldn't update the system reserve partition. The solution calls for: Select Change Drive Letter and Paths. Choose Add. Enter Y for the drive letter. But when I click, Add, the choice to give a drive letter...
  10. No system reserved partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No system reserved partition: Installed a Samsung SSD on my Asus CM6730-06 desktop running Win7. the Win7 OS was cloned from the Asus Pc to Samsung SSD. Windows 7 runs great off the SSD. Got a Windows 10 upgrade notice and received an automatic download of Win10 but when it tries to install I get the...