Windows 10: Reset after update?

Discus and support Reset after update? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I assume there was an update to Win 10 last night. Woke up this morning to find all my tweaking to the OS over the last several weeks was erased! Back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by graydog, Sep 5, 2015.

1. graydog Win User

Reset after update?

I assume there was an update to Win 10 last night. Woke up this morning to find all my tweaking to the OS over the last several weeks was erased! Back to new born state. All my programs are still here but every single setting that I have checked so far has been set back to "start". Its as if I finished the upgrade to Win 10 5 min. ago.

Any one else have this happen?

:)

graydog, Sep 5, 2015

2. Windows update Issue

I disabled my anti virus and some how the update was installed. I am not sure if this is antivirus related issue.

Anyway thank you all for your suggestion and help.

Reset Resolution, Sep 5, 2015
  3. Windows update Issue

My windows 10 system tries to update the following update

"Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB4013429)"

But when i restart my windows, it gets hang with message like "windows is preparing... do not shutdown your system". I waited long time for it to complete but it remained hanged and I had to force shutdown my system. I already faced this issue 2 times. Why
    the system is getting hang during the update.

My update status keep giving me message as Updates are available for "Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB4013429)" but fails to get install. why?

Help please.

Reset Resolution, Sep 5, 2015
  4. pjgibbons Win User

Reset after update?

I am also having this issue, and it is driving me mad. It doesn't appear to happen to all of my settings, but enough to be truly disruptive: registry tweaks that I've made are reset, power management settings on wireless card - all sorts of settings are back to default after an update.

If there is any way to prevent this from happening, I would love to know what it is.

pjgibbons, Nov 30, 2015
  5. Lensmen Win User
    G'Day All,

It seems I'm having this issue too. Personal Opinion; MS Update team doesn't have to deal with or spend time setting up personal PC user profiles. I can just image if admins of many, many PCs dread implementing these updates.

Possibilities; Backup Reg Hives for each user. I have not tried this myself. Restore Point, maybe not. File history???

Lensmen, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Reset after update?

1. Reset after update? - Similar Threads - Reset update

2. Unable to do anything with windows update including full PC reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to do anything with windows update including full PC reset: Currently unable to do anything with my windows, it's fully locked up but I can still get into my programs and play games.I have already tried literally everything availablehere are some things I'm experience:occasionally a stack buffer overflow warning in settings and...
  3. Unable to do anything with windows update including full PC reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to do anything with windows update including full PC reset: Currently unable to do anything with my windows, it's fully locked up but I can still get into my programs and play games.I have already tried literally everything availablehere are some things I'm experience:occasionally a stack buffer overflow warning in settings and...
  4. Unable to do anything with windows update including full PC reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to get update and security page to load after reset. Currently directing to display on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get update and security page to load after reset. Currently directing to display on...: I did a reset of Windows 10 on my laptop today and afterwards the update and security link directs back to my laptop display instead of opening in the settings. I haven't done anything else because I don't know what to do!...
  6. How to get update and security page to load after reset. Currently directing to display on...

How to get update and security page to load after reset. Currently directing to display on...: I did a reset of Windows 10 on my laptop today and afterwards the update and security link directs back to my laptop display instead of opening in the settings. I haven't done anything else because I don't know what to do!...
  7. How to get update and security page to load after reset. Currently directing to display on...

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Windows Hello PIN got removed after updating the BIOS; Tried Resetting from Live account...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello PIN got removed after updating the BIOS; Tried Resetting from Live account...: Windows Hello PIN got removed after updating the BIOS on my MSI motherboard. Now it says me to sign in with my Password which I forgot somehow. Now there's even a Hint for the password, but I'm kinda out of my mind to remember that back. So, I changed it from my phone with...
  9. Windows Hello PIN got removed after updating the BIOS; Tried Resetting from Live account...

Windows Hello PIN got removed after updating the BIOS; Tried Resetting from Live account...: Windows Hello PIN got removed after updating the BIOS on my MSI motherboard. Now it says me to sign in with my Password which I forgot somehow. Now there's even a Hint for the password, but I'm kinda out of my mind to remember that back. So, I changed it from my phone with...
  10. How can I stop Nvidia GeForce experience driver update from resetting my desktop background...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I stop Nvidia GeForce experience driver update from resetting my desktop background...: OK, so I have 3 monitors with 3 different background images. all Jpeg files. Every time I update my Nvidia 3060 drivers, I update manually and just download the current driver needed. While downloading the monitors go black and flicker a few times then my main monitors...