Windows 10: Reset all Privacy settings to Default?

Discus and support Reset all Privacy settings to Default? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How can I reset some settings to the default without Resetting the whole Windows 10 OS? For example, I want to reset all the Privacy Settings back to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by win10freak, Oct 7, 2017.

1. Reset all Privacy settings to Default?

How can I reset some settings to the default without Resetting the whole Windows 10 OS?
    For example, I want to reset all the Privacy Settings back to its original?
    Is there any way to accomplish this without going into Troubleshooting section and Resetting the whole entire OS?

Thanks

:)

win10freak, Oct 7, 2017

2. Windows 10 Privacy settings constantly reset to default with every update

Windows 10 Privacy settings constantly reset to default with every update.

This is extremely annoying and upsetting.

Microsoft might as well remove the optional settings since there is no intention whatsoever of allowing them to stay in place.

If Windows can retain all sorts of other data during updates, it's certainly possible to preserve a customer's privacy and security settings during the updating process. This seems like intentional and illegal behavior.

I "manage" multiple PCs for family members and this is becoming time consuming.

MikeMcMorrow, Oct 7, 2017
  3. Jabba11a Win User
    Windows 10 Privacy settings constantly reset to default with every update

well Microsoft?

still waiting!!!

Jabba11a, Oct 7, 2017
  4. cereberus Win User

Reset all Privacy settings to Default?

Since pretty much most privacy items are set to on (ie not private), then you just click those you set to off, back on again.

If not sure default settings, install Windows 10 in a virtual machine, and then you can note down all default settings.

cereberus, Oct 7, 2017
  5. dalchina New Member
    Reset many privacy settings:

Reset all Privacy settings to Default? [​IMG]

(free utility)

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Reset all Privacy settings to Default?

1. Reset all Privacy settings to Default? - Similar Threads - Reset Privacy settings

2. Resetting ALL permissions to default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resetting ALL permissions to default: I have been silly and played with the security settings on my Windows 11 laptopIs there some way to return ALL to a new build status ?ie Default everything without carrying out a rebuildI am being blocked from using many programs such as Ancestry/FTM because I am unable to...
  3. Resetting ALL permissions to default

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resetting ALL permissions to default: I have been silly and played with the security settings on my Windows 11 laptopIs there some way to return ALL to a new build status ?ie Default everything without carrying out a rebuildI am being blocked from using many programs such as Ancestry/FTM because I am unable to...
  4. Reset all settings to system default

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reset all settings to system default: Is there a way to reset the system settings to the defaults? I'd like to know if I can do it without completely resetting my system or losing my files. submitted by /u/OsrsHelp8008 [link] [comments]...
  5. Reset all settings back to default in each area of Windows Settings?

in Windows 10 Support
    Reset all settings back to default in each area of Windows Settings?: Hi all - Here is what I want to do and I'm not sure if it can be done. In every area of Windows settings, is it possible to set each main section back to default values? For example - Start -> Windows Settings -> System (and all sub-sections.) It would make life a bit...
  6. Privacy Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Privacy Settings: I am having a problem with Minecraft Windows 10 Edition. I have already logged in with my Xbox Live account as I wanted to join servers and play multiplayer. As I logged in, it showed "You cannot play multiplayer through Xbox Live because of how your account is set up. This...
  7. Privacy settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Privacy settings: When In Settings>Privacyonly under Windows permissions>diagnostics&feedback and App permissions>Camera do I get*Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization. I am the only one using this laptop and am shown as administrator. How can I resolve this...
  8. Edge Resets to default settings

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Resets to default settings: Edge resets to default setting after every W10 update. Can MS stop this please ? Favourites are gone, I have to run xcopy to add back. Google search is no longer the default search provider. It also offers to remember password which I disabled. Regards 41036
  9. Privacy Settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Privacy Settings: I have 2 All in Ones and they both use Windows 10. If I make a change to one of them it effects the other and I wish to eliminate this. What are the correct privacy settings that I need to make so they run independent, Thank you 81129
  10. All registry commands of privacy settings?

in Windows 10 Support
    All registry commands of privacy settings?: Hi, Can anyone share all cmd registry commands of privacy settings (general, camera, location, etc.) so i can apply all changes in one-click? I have these so far rem 1 - Get fun facts, tips, tricks, and more on your lock screen (ADs) / Windows Spotlight reg add...