Windows 10: Reset and Clear Taskbar Pinned Apps in Windows 10

Discus and support Reset and Clear Taskbar Pinned Apps in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Reset and Clear Taskbar Pinned Apps in Windows 10 How to Reset and Clear All Pinned Apps on Taskbar in Windows 10 This tutorial will show... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by glchildress, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Reset and Clear Taskbar Pinned Apps in Windows 10

How to: Reset and Clear Taskbar Pinned Apps in Windows 10

How to Reset and Clear All Pinned Apps on Taskbar in Windows 10

This tutorial will show you how to reset and clear all pinned apps on your taskbar in Windows 10.

This can be helpful if "Unpin this program from taskbar" does not work for a pinned app, or you just wish to quickly clear all pinned apps from you taskbar.

By default, the pinned apps on your taskbar are saved in both locations below. The downloadable .bat file in this tutorial will delete the contents of these locations to reset and remove all pinned apps on your taskbar.

In the registry:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Taskband

In the hidden TaskBar folder:
    %AppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar

EXAMPLE: Reset Taskbar

Reset and Clear Taskbar Pinned Apps in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Here's How:

1. Click/tap on the Download button below to download the .bat file below, then run it.
    Reset_Clear_Pinned_Apps_on_Taskbar.bat

Download
    2. If prompted, click/tap on Run.
    *note If you like, you can stop getting the Run prompt by unblocking the downloaded .bat file.

3. You will now notice your screen flicker as explorer is restarted.

4. All pinned apps on your taskbar will now be reset and cleared.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

glchildress, Sep 24, 2015

2. how to unpin from taskbar

Hi,

More information on unpinning from taskbar.

How to 'Pin to taskbar' and 'Unpin from taskbar" Apps in Windows 10

'Pin to taskbar' and 'Unpin from taskbar' Apps in Windows 10

How to Reset and Clear All Pinned Apps on Taskbar in Windows 10

Reset and Clear Taskbar Pinned Apps in Windows 10

See the "Related Tutorials" at the end section both of those for more.

Hope this helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rob Brown -
    Microsoft MVP
    <- profile - Windows and Devices for IT : Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.

SpiritX MS MVP, Sep 24, 2015
  3. Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Sep 24, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello glchildress, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

It sounds like something interfered the .bat file from restarting explorer.

You can open Task Manager (CTRL+Shift+ESC), click on File (menu bar), click on Run new task, type explorer, and click on OK.

Brink, Sep 24, 2015
  5. Brink - thanks. It worked and I'm relieved. *Smile

glchildress, Sep 24, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I'm glad to hear it. *Smile

Brink, Sep 24, 2015
  7. nedo Win User
    Hi,
    thank you for this script. I would like to convert it from .bat into powershell command. Can you provide me some suggestions?
    Thank you

Edit:
    I solved by myself
    Code: Remove-Item "$env:USERPROFILE\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar\*" -recurse Remove-Item -Path "HKCU:\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Taskband" -recurse Get-Process explorer | Stop-Process[/quote] Do you know if the .bat file works also for windows 8 and 8.1?

8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Feb 11, 2016
  9. nedo Win User
  10. woter324 Win User
    Hi,
    This seems to only affect icons that I put there. I am trying to get rid of the MS Edge and Store icons.
    These icons don't exist in $env:USERPROFILE\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar\ and deleting the registry key has no affect as after a reboot they return.

Does anyone know where these icons are coming from and how to stop them?

Thanks

W.

Edit:
    I've found how to remove the store icon:
    Key Path: HKCU:Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer\

Key: NoPinningStoreToTaskbar

Value:
    DWORD 1 = enabled (i.e. don't show)
    DWORD 0 = disabled

Source: http://windowsitpro.com/active-direc...-icon-revealed

woter324, Apr 18, 2016
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello woter, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

You should be able to just right click on the icon on the taskbar to "Unpin from taskbar".

'Pin to taskbar' and 'Unpin from taskbar' Apps in Windows 10

Brink, Apr 18, 2016
  12. woter324 Win User
    Hi Brink,

Thanks for your reply.

Is this based on your findings? I ask as I can unpin, but on a reboot they come back. (At least the Edge icon still does).

No mandatory profiles or anything like that.

I'm thinking MS have done something to try and force it to remain. There're a few Google hits on modifying it during OSD, i.e. burning the unpinned settings into the default user hive.

Thanks again,

W.

woter324, Apr 18, 2016
  13. Brink
    Brink New Member

So far I've been able to unpin Edge and Store and not have them automatically restored.

I'm not sure why it would be restored for you.

Brink, Apr 18, 2016
  14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 18, 2016
  15. I have run the regedit but all my pinned items are still there.

woldsweather, Apr 14, 2017
Thema:

1. Reset and Clear Taskbar Pinned Apps in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Reset Clear Taskbar

2. Taskbar icons /apps keep resetting to the "default" icon when pinning to taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar icons /apps keep resetting to the "default" icon when pinning to taskbar: Hi all,I've been having this issue for ages can't remember exactly when but it has been a while maybe a year and I've been trying to resolve it for ages by trawling the internet and the different ideas people come up with but fed up now so figured I'd create my own post /...
  3. Taskbar not pinning APPS

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar not pinning APPS: Hello I'm trying to pin applications on the task bar like google chrome and steam but every time I click pin to task bar it doesn't pin it, please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-not-pinning-apps/db37b999-97be-4215-96d0-60835a2dcb61
  4. Taskbar App Icon pins question - NOT 'pin to taskbar'

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar App Icon pins question - NOT 'pin to taskbar': [ATTACH] Hello all. I am trying to add some functionality to my taskbar icon for Microsoft Edge browser, similar to the pic posted below. Notice the Pinned section of the popup for Firefox. I put those links there myself, by clicking on the desired site's address in the...
  5. Clear taskbar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clear taskbar?: Is there any way to make the windows 10 taskbar the same color as the application that's in use? I have a program for a transparent taskbar, but i'm curious if there's a way to make it look as if the application is in full screen mode while still having the task bar visible....
  6. How to remove all Pinned Apps and Reset Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to remove all Pinned Apps and Reset Taskbar in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you want to remove all the pinned apps and reset the Taskbar of your Windows 10 PC, then instead of doing so manually one-by-one, […] This article How to remove all Pinned Apps and Reset Taskbar in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Windows 10, Reset, TPM clear

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10, Reset, TPM clear: Hello, I own a surface pro3,came with windows 8. It upgraded to windows 10. Now I want to reset my surface pro3 to clean wipe everything for a fresh use. I went to windows reset option and selected "remove all files" option.. after reset, it prompted me to select whether to...
  8. Reset taskbar apps to default - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reset taskbar apps to default - Windows 10: Hi, I am using an Acer Spin 1 on Windows 10 Home, and I would like to reset my taskbar apps to the default Windows layout. Is there a way to do this without resetting my computer somehow? Thank you to whoever can help me with this issue....
  9. 'Pin to taskbar' and 'Unpin from taskbar' Apps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    'Pin to taskbar' and 'Unpin from taskbar' Apps in Windows 10: How to: 'Pin to taskbar' and 'Unpin from taskbar' Apps in Windows 10 How to "Pin to taskbar" and "Unpin from taskbar" Apps in Windows 10 Windows includes a special application desktop toolbar called the taskbar that shows on the bottom of a display screen by default....
  10. Reset and Clear Taskbar Toolbars in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset and Clear Taskbar Toolbars in Windows 10: How to: Reset and Clear Taskbar Toolbars in Windows 10 How to Reset and Clear Taskbar Toolbars in Windows 10 Windows includes a special application desktop toolbar called the taskbar that shows on the bottom of a display screen by default. The taskbar allows you to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reset_clear_pinned_apps_on_taskbar.bat

2. when i clear taskview it doesnt remove all of them

3. windows 10 pinned taskbar items resetting

4. how to clear all apps from taskbar,
  5. clear all pinned to taskbar,
  6. reset start bar pinned items,
  7. reset and clear taskbar,
  8. resetapps pinned for window,
  9. tenforum reset clear taskbar pinned apps windows 10,
  10. reset pinned apps,
  11. windows 10 NoPinningStoreToTaskbar,