Windows 10: Reset and Clear Taskbar Toolbars in Windows 10

Discus and support Reset and Clear Taskbar Toolbars in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Reset and Clear Taskbar Toolbars in Windows 10 How to Reset and Clear Taskbar Toolbars in Windows 10 Windows includes a special... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by apb, Feb 25, 2018.

1. APB
    apb Win User

Reset and Clear Taskbar Toolbars in Windows 10

How to: Reset and Clear Taskbar Toolbars in Windows 10

How to Reset and Clear Taskbar Toolbars in Windows 10

Windows includes a special application desktop toolbar called the taskbar that shows on the bottom of a display screen by default. The taskbar allows you to find, see, open, and switch between your apps. You can also see the specify how taskbar buttons group together when you have more than one window open.

You can also add toolbars to the taskbar. The default toolbars include Address, Links, Desktop, and any new toolbars (custom) added by the user or an application.

If you have more than one main display by default.

*note The taskbar toolbars you add for your account are saved in the registry key location below.

The downloadable .bat file below will delete this Desktop key and restart explorer to reset and remove all your taskbar toolbars automatically.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Streams\Desktop

This tutorial will show you how to reset and clear all toolbars from the taskbar for your account in Windows 10.

This can be handy if you are unable to remove a toolbar normally, or just want to quickly remove all toolbars at once.

Here's How:

1. Click/tap on the Download button below to download the .bat file below.
    Reset_and_Clear_Taskbar_Toolbars.bat

Download
    2. Save the .bat file to your desktop.

3. Unblock the .bat file.

4. Run the .bat file.

5. You will now notice a command prompt quickly open and close, and then your desktop quickly flash as explorer is restarted to apply.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

2. Taskbar height problem

Hi Luca,

The settings appear fine. I made a Vbscript that resets the taskbar configuration for your user account. Note that this clears Pinned taskbar items, taskbar toolbars and taskbar width settings etc. You can customize, re-Pin shortcuts again.

You can download the script here.

Completely Reset The Taskbar Settings To Defaults

Ramesh Srinivasan, Feb 25, 2018
  3. taskbar

Hi,

See if completely clearing the Taskbar settings using the script (Reset Taskbar Settings) helps. After running the script, you need to Pin
    your programs again, and re-add custom toolbars manually if you have added any.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Feb 25, 2018
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Peter, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

Q1) Yes, this will work with Windows 7 as well.

Q2) I'm not sure about that either.

Q3) I'm not sure about how to manually clear a specific toolbar other than the usual way using Option 1 or 2 below.

*Arrow Remove Toolbars on Taskbar in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials

Brink, Feb 25, 2018
  5. APB
    apb Win User
    Thanks. I'm an interloper from sevenforums.

The problem with turning off a toolbar the "standard" way through the UI is that it stays installed, just not displayed. I have 2 3rd party toolbars that I don't even want mentioned. This is a typical losing feature of the windows UI -- it fails to allow the full range of operations on an object, in this case uninstalling something where it allows installing it.

I will end up using the method you've described here, but then I need to re-install the toolbars I do want.

The most important thing I learned here being that killing that registry item is benign, other than removing the existence of the optional toolbars.

Thanks.

--peter

6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Feb 25, 2018
  7. APB
    apb Win User
    Thanks.

Yes, it occurred to me I could just export that reg key in case the change went awry. It's a good idea, though, also to save it after I like it so I can revert if some other prog decides it needs to fix it for me.

BTW, thanks for being a one-man infinite resource for windows. Please be careful crossing the street.

--peter

Thema:

1. Reset and Clear Taskbar Toolbars in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Reset Clear Taskbar

2. TASKBAR - TOOLBAR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TASKBAR - TOOLBAR: It will be very helpful and time saving if we can have taskbar toolbar functions back in windows 11. Toolbar was really time saving and an excellent feature of windows. is there a plan to bring the toolbar back in windows 11? otherwise, many users potentially will switch back...
  3. TASKBAR - TOOLBAR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TASKBAR - TOOLBAR: It will be very helpful and time saving if we can have taskbar toolbar functions back in windows 11. Toolbar was really time saving and an excellent feature of windows. is there a plan to bring the toolbar back in windows 11? otherwise, many users potentially will switch back...
  4. Clear taskbar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clear taskbar?: Is there any way to make the windows 10 taskbar the same color as the application that's in use? I have a program for a transparent taskbar, but i'm curious if there's a way to make it look as if the application is in full screen mode while still having the task bar visible....
  5. Desktop Toolbar on Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Toolbar on Taskbar in Windows 10: I like having the Desktop Toolbar on my Taskbar, which lets me access files / shortcuts on my desktop, without having to Show Desktop, etc... In Windows 10 it seems like the default shortcut is to my User Profile / Home path, whereas in Windows 7 it used to point to...
  6. toolbar/taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    toolbar/taskbar: Hi new to this page and hoping for some desperately needed help!!!!! I have windows 10 now ( i think a mistake and can't go back) but my tool/task bar won't auto hide. Somedays it will for a moment or opening new tabs, then it jusy stays put and won't go away..... Any ideas...
  7. Windows 10 taskbar toolbar icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 taskbar toolbar icons: I've been looking all over the paces and was not able to find any inteligent answer. Recently I lost my icons sort order for Quick Launch toolbar. any time after I move icons around to place all in some logical (to me) order, the next time I reboot the computer they are...
  8. Add Toolbars to Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Toolbars to Taskbar in Windows 10: How to: Add Toolbars to Taskbar in Windows 10 How to Add Toolbars on the Taskbar in Windows 10 Windows includes a special application desktop toolbar called the taskbar that shows on the bottom of a display screen by default. The taskbar allows you to find, see, open,...
  9. Reset and Clear Taskbar Pinned Apps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset and Clear Taskbar Pinned Apps in Windows 10: How to: Reset and Clear Taskbar Pinned Apps in Windows 10 How to Reset and Clear All Pinned Apps on Taskbar in Windows 10 This tutorial will show you how to reset and clear all pinned apps on your taskbar in Windows 10. This can be helpful if "Unpin this program from...
  10. Remove Toolbars on Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Remove Toolbars on Taskbar in Windows 10: How to: Remove Toolbars on Taskbar in Windows 10 How to Remove Toolbars on the Taskbar in Windows 10 Windows includes a special application desktop toolbar called the taskbar that shows on the bottom of a display screen by default. The taskbar allows you to find, see,...