Windows 10: Reset and Re-register Windows Spotlight in Windows 10

Discus and support Reset and Re-register Windows Spotlight in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Reset and Re-register Windows Spotlight in Windows 10 How to Reset and Re-register Windows Spotlight in Windows 10 lock screen background... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Bastet, May 9, 2017.

1. Bastet Win User

Reset and Re-register Windows Spotlight in Windows 10

How to: Reset and Re-register Windows Spotlight in Windows 10

How to Reset and Re-register Windows Spotlight in Windows 10

lock screen background that displays different background images and occasionally offers suggestions on the lock screen from Bing. Windows Spotlight is available in all desktop editions of Windows 10.

For example, Windows Spotlight will display different backgrounds daily that you can select that you like or don't like to help train the service to show you images you like. You could also see and try previews of other Windows features and experiences to help let you know about them.

Sometimes you may notice that Windows Spotlight will stop working, or may get stuck on the same image.

This tutorial will show you how to reset and re-register Windows Spotlight when it stops working or gets stuck on the same image for your account in Windows 10.

Here's How:

1 If you haven't already, make sure that the Microsoft Edge and Settings apps are turned on in background apps so they can run in the background for Windows Spotlight images.

2 Open Settings, and click/tap on the Personalization icon.

3 Click/tap on Lock screen on the left side, select to temporarily use a Picture or Slideshow as your lock screen background instead of Windows spotlight in the drop down under Background on the right side, and close Settings. (see screenshot below)

Reset and Re-register Windows Spotlight in Windows 10 [​IMG]

4 Click/tap on the download button below to download the file below.
    Reset_and_re-register_Windows_Spotlight.bat

Download

The .bat file will delete all files in the two folders below to reset Windows Spotlight, and then will re-register Windows Spotlight for the current account.

Code:
    5 Save the .bat file to your desktop.

6 Unblock the .bat file, and run the .bat file.

7 Restart the computer to apply.

8 After you sign back in to Windows with your account, make sure that you turn on the Microsoft Edge and Settings apps in "Background apps". (see screenshot below)

9 On the Settings home page, click/tap on the Personalization icon.

10 Click/tap on Lock screen on the left side, select to use Windows spotlight in the drop down under Background on the right side as your lock screen background again, and close Settings. (see screenshot below)

11 Lock the computer Win + L to see if Windows Spotlight is working properly again.

Sometimes it may take up to 24 hours after resetting for Windows Spotlight to sync again.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Bastet, May 9, 2017
  2. Time Lady Win User
    Time Lady, May 9, 2017
  3. Sumit Dhiman2, May 9, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

I'm glad it could help. *Smile

Brink, May 9, 2017
  5. tracit99 Win User
    Hi Shawn,

I ran this bat file in Windows 10 16232 and I cannot see any image on Spotlight. Switching from Picture to Spotlight just shows spinning circle forever. Checked Content Delivery Asset folder and it has updated with all files showing today's date but Windows can't seem to sort it out. If I leave Personalization with it set to Spotlight and come back it shows a black image.

tracit99, Jul 14, 2017
  6. swarfega Win User
    I was looking for something like this as my lock screen has been stuck on the same image for ages.

However when I run it in cmd prompt (elevated) I get this:

swarfega, Jul 14, 2017
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jul 14, 2017
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello tracit, *Smile

Is this even after restarting the computer?

Brink, Jul 14, 2017
  9. tracit99 Win User
    Shawn this is 90 minutes after a restart. "Like what you see?" was missing on the lock screen. That is what started me down this road.

PS Slideshow is not working either.

tracit99, Jul 14, 2017
  10. swarfega Win User
    swarfega, Jul 14, 2017
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    LOL, I hear that. Did it change for you?

Brink, Jul 14, 2017
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jul 14, 2017
  13. swarfega Win User

I'll have to wait for the next reboot to find out (it works with winkey+L), I'll keep you posted.

swarfega, Jul 14, 2017
  14. swarfega Win User
    It seems to have changed this reboot, whether it will on next boot, only time will tell.

swarfega, Jul 14, 2017
  15. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Good news so far.

I believe it will only automatically change once daily though.

Brink, Jul 14, 2017
Thema:

1. Reset and Re-register Windows Spotlight in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Reset register Spotlight

2. How to re-register Microsoft OS Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to re-register Microsoft OS Windows 10?: The computer was purchased with Microsoft Windows 8 installed by the computer manufacture. The Microsoft OS was upgraded to Microsoft Windows 10 Home, version 22H2. The Microsoft Windows was always registered with Microsoft. One day the computer did not shut down cleanly....
  3. How to re-register Microsoft OS Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to re-register Microsoft OS Windows 10?: The computer was purchased with Microsoft Windows 8 installed by the computer manufacture. The Microsoft OS was upgraded to Microsoft Windows 10 Home, version 22H2. The Microsoft Windows was always registered with Microsoft. One day the computer did not shut down cleanly....
  4. How to re-register Microsoft OS Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Reset Windows Spotlight in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset Windows Spotlight in Windows 11?: Hello!I really liked the picture I was shown in my lock screen, but I am worried that I might have accidentally clicked the thumbs-down when I was just trying to sign in. Is there a way to reset my preferences in this regard? Thanks!...
  6. Re-register Start Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Re-register Start Menu in Windows 10: How to: Re-register Start Menu in Windows 10 How to Re-register Start Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information Apps, settings, and files can all be found on the Start menu. If the Start menu is not working, then re-registering the Start menu may help fix it. This...
  7. Re-register Store app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Re-register Store app in Windows 10: How to: Re-register Microsoft Store app in Windows 10 How to Re-register Microsoft Store app in Windows 10 The Microsoft Store app in Windows 10 offers various apps, games, music, movies & TV, and books that users can browse through, purchase, or get for free to...
  8. Reinstall and Re-register Cortana in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reinstall and Re-register Cortana in Windows 10: How to: Reinstall and Re-register Cortana in Windows 10 How to Reinstall and Re-register Cortana in Windows 10 Cortana is your cloud-based personal assistant that works across your devices and other Microsoft services. Depending on the capabilities of your device and...
  9. Reinstall and Re-register Apps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reinstall and Re-register Apps in Windows 10: How to: Reinstall and Re-register Apps in Windows 10 How to Reinstall and Re-register All Built-in Windows Apps in Windows 10 This tutorial will show you how to reinstall and re-register all built-in Windows apps for your user account or all user accounts in Windows 10....
  10. Reinstall and Re-register Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reinstall and Re-register Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Reinstall and Re-register Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Reinstall and Re-register Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reregister windows spotlight

2. re register windows spotlight

3. How to Reset and Re-register Windows Spotlight in Windows 10

4. reset and reregister spotlight windows 10,
  5. reset and re register windows spotlight,
  6. win 10 reinstall spotlight,
  7. reset and re-register Windows Spotlight App,
  8. reset windows spotlight windows 10,
  9. spotlight windows 10 registreer,
  10. reset windows spotlight win 10,
  11. re-register apps tenforums