Windows 10: Reset folder view settings in Windows 10?

Discus and support Reset folder view settings in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; To put it directly, I'm looking for the Windows 10 equivalent of this: Folder View Settings - Reset to Default in Windows 8 16713 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Raident, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Raident Win User

Reset folder view settings in Windows 10?

Raident, Aug 15, 2015

2. Subfolders of "Desktop" open in new window no matter the settings

If you still want to try fixing the old profile:

Another option is to reset the folder views completely in the old account. The script here works best. How to Reset the Folder View Settings in
    Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 10

Ramesh Srinivasan, Aug 15, 2015
  3. Windows 10 does not retain folder view preferences

I had this issue start happening to me a few days ago. Tonight, i just found a solution to it after it was driving me crazy in doing whatever it wanted and not remembering my settings.

There is one downfall to this solution though, it resets your window sizes to defaults, it resets every folders to defaults settings, example being detailed views,etc. But the uptick, is that it will now remember how you set it your windows explorer settings.
    I like to have mine set to large icons for the most part and it kept resetting some, not all, folders to detailed view.

This link, did solve this annoying issue for me. Even if i do have to reset how i have every folder view set up, it now at least remembers my settings. So, i hope this helps anyone else with this annoying issue Reset folder view settings in Windows 10? :)

How to Fix Annoying Folder View Type Automatic Change Problem in Windows - AskVG

Midnight_Storm, Aug 15, 2015
  4. Reset folder view settings in Windows 10?

Post a screen shot of what it looks like now.
    To me, both Windows 8 and Windows 10 look the same.

Reset folder view settings in Windows 10? [​IMG]

teachermark, Aug 15, 2015
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Raident,

I don't have a separate Windows 10 tutorial for this yet, but you can use that tutorial for Windows 10 as well. It's the same. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Reset folder view settings in Windows 10?

1. Reset folder view settings in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Reset folder view

2. Setting Folder View Defaults

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Setting Folder View Defaults: I despise Windows Explorer, because I set the view I want for EVERY folder to open in, then MS decides, seemingly arbitrarily, to open folders or display search results in other views.Is there any way to fix this other than going to Redmond and taking the MS programmer...
  3. Windows updates resets folder views

Windows updates resets folder views: Ok I'm still on 1809 its end of life and I need to update. Problem is I'm reluctant because it never retains my folder views, Always groups download folders by date easy enough to remove but scouring through folders and changing them to pictures or videos manually is going to...
  4. Different folders set with different views in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Different folders set with different views in Windows 10?: Is it possible, for example, to have "Folder 1" be in "Details" view. While "Folder 2" be in "Large Icons" view? When I open Folder 1, I would like it to always show in "Details" view. And when I open Folder 2, I want it to always show in "Large Icons" view. I tried setting...
  5. Setting folder view

in Windows 10 Support
    Setting folder view: Hi. I have folders on my E drive which I like to see in List view. Some of those folders contain sub-folders which I also like to see in List view. When it comes to the actual files, I'd like them shown as Large Icons. Is such a setup possible? Thank you. (version 1903) 159581
  6. Windows 10 reset search view settings

Windows 10 reset search view settings: Hello, Ok, so I was playing around with changing how to set up a default search view settings, looked up a tip online about editing the reg database. No I didnt backup the reg database, and I dont have system restore on. But obviously something went wrong, and now when I...
  7. Windows 10 keeps messing with folder view settings

Windows 10 keeps messing with folder view settings: So first Microsoft messed with Downloads folder, force-enabling 'Group by Date', and no matter how hard I've tried disabling it (simply changing the preferences, applying them to all folders, SFC, editing the Registry etc etc) it always re-enables it. And now whenever I...
  8. Set Default Folder View for all Folders in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Set Default Folder View for all Folders in Windows 10: How to: Set Default Folder View for all Folders in Windows 10 How to Set a Default Folder View for All Folders in Windows 10 [img] Information While browsing folders in File Explorer, you can apply the view settings of the current folder to all folders on your PC that...
  9. Backup and Restore Folder View Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Backup and Restore Folder View Settings in Windows 10: How to: Backup and Restore Folder View Settings in Windows 10 How to Backup and Restore Folder View Settings in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows, you can change the layout view of the content of your folders to how you like. This tutorial will show you how...
  10. Reset Folder View Settings to Default in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset Folder View Settings to Default in Windows 10: How to: Reset Folder View Settings to Default in Windows 10 How to Reset Folder View Settings to Default in Windows 10 In Windows, you can change the File Explorer window size, layout view of items in your folders to how you like. This tutorial will show you how to...