Windows 10: Reset Game Mode Settings in Windows 10

Discus and support Reset Game Mode Settings in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Reset Game Mode Settings in Windows 10 [img] Information Game Mode helps ensure that you have the best possible gaming experience while... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Reset Game Mode Settings in Windows 10

How to: Reset Game Mode Settings in Windows 10

Reset Game Mode Settings in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information Game Mode helps ensure that you have the best possible gaming experience while playing games on Windows 10. When you use Game Mode, we make gaming your PC's top priority so you get the best game quality and performance.

Starting with Windows 10 build 17063, there is a new option called ”Reset Game Mode Settings” that allows you to restore Game Mode settings for your PC back to the default values for the feature.

This tutorial will show you how to reset Game Mode settings back to default for all games that use Game Mode for your account in Windows 10.

EXAMPLE: Game Mode settings

Here's How:

1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Gaming icon.

2. Click/tap on Game Mode on the left side, and click/tap on the Reset button under Reset Game Mode Settings on the right side. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Apr 12, 2017

2. Game Mode Win10

Hi,

Game Mode is automatically enabled to some games only. There are some games that require you to manually enable Game Mode before you can use this feature on your Windows 10 device.

To manually turn on Game Mode, you can follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard + G.
    • Select Settings.
    • In the General tab, select the check box for Game Mode.

If you have any other queries, feel free to post your concerns here anytime.

Loraine Mon, Oct 26, 2019
  3. FYFI13 Win User
    FYFI13, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Reset Game Mode Settings in Windows 10

Gamma settings resetting to factory Default when alt tabbing during game play sessions.

Hi Walid,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Is the issue specific with one game or all games?
    • Is the game compatible to run in Windows 10?

I suggest you to check whether your game is compatible to run in Windows 10 or not. Refer to the link provided by the
    Aswin_Anand on August 1, 2015 in the post to check the compatibility of the program/game with Windows 10.

If the game is not compatible with Windows 10, I suggest you to refer the below steps to install the game in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
      Properties.
    • Click on the compatibility tab and check the box
      Run this program in compatibility mode for and select previous Operating System from the drop down (Windows 7/8/Vista/XP/any other Windows you prefer from the drop down list).
    • Click on Apply and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

After installing the game in compatibility mode, check the functionality of the game.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Oct 26, 2019
  5. xBruce88x Win User
    Steam games in windowed mode?

right click the game and go to properties, then click "set launch options"

then you can enter the arguments for windowed mode, usually -w or something like that. you can find these probably by right clicking on the game in the list and go to "view forum"

probably not alt-tab since that's for switching programs

xBruce88x, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Tallencor Win User
    Windows 10 Creators update Game Mode

Game Mode for Windows 10.
    There we go back on topic *Laugh :laugh:

Tallencor, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Reset Game Mode Settings in Windows 10

1. Reset Game Mode Settings in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Reset Game Mode

2. My windows setting does not have gaming mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows setting does not have gaming mode.: Hello, I have a Windows 10 Pro N.My settings don't have a gaming category. I need screen recording with game bar and since I can't find it on my PC I came here to inform you about it.I saw this other person with Windows 10 Education N, and you told him that he needed to...
  3. My windows setting does not have gaming mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My windows setting does not have gaming mode.: Hello, I have a Windows 10 Pro N.My settings don't have a gaming category. I need screen recording with game bar and since I can't find it on my PC I came here to inform you about it.I saw this other person with Windows 10 Education N, and you told him that he needed to...
  4. Windows 10 setting reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 setting reset: I have a Windows 10 and have used it for almost a year. For the time I have used it, it has worked almost perfectly. However, today I opened my computer to see that all my personalization features were gone! The home screen picture had turned to the default pic, the taskbar...
  5. Reset windows 10 SETTINGS

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reset windows 10 SETTINGS: How do I reset Windows settings whitout reinstalling windows? Or atleast: How do I reset Default apps by file type in Windows whitout reinstalling Windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-windows-10-settings/1e58a5c5-aa79-4504-a9a4-79f412e7f7ad
  6. Game mode in settings gone

Game mode in settings gone: How do I fix this? I have windows 1909 and I have windows 10 pro not N. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-mode-in-settings-gone/90423668-5998-4b83-9fa2-8710cc10286f
  7. Game mode in the settings is gone ????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game mode in the settings is gone ????: how fit it ? Game mode in the settings is gone ???? windows 1909 can you help me please [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-mode-in-the-settings-is-gone/57af255f-2c8b-43fb-a0ae-edccdd25e976
  8. windows 10 settings reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows 10 settings reset: I just started up my computer and it showed a screen saying everything you could do if you signed into windows, I just skipped it because I had no idea what it was about. When I got in I found out that my laptop had been switched back to light mode. what has happened?...
  9. Windows 10 Game Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Game Mode: Does the Windows 10 Game Mode only help with Xbox games played on the Xbox App in windows? Or does Game Mode help regular PC games as well? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-game-mode/a3e1ccc4-279b-4a79-a0c2-9e5d524581b3
  10. My windows setting do not have gaming mode

My windows setting do not have gaming mode: Hi, i just got windows 10 from university but why my windows setting do not have gaming mode. also Xbox bar, Game bar do not work. Can not launch games from Xbox ONE and when go to setting in Xbox console companion *CLICK* the captures the app will stop working. [ATTACH]...