Windows 10: Reset Local Group Policy Editor Settings to Default in Windows 10

Discus and support Reset Local Group Policy Editor Settings to Default in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Reset Local Group Policy Editor Settings to Default in Windows 10 How to Reset All Local Group Policy Settings to Default in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Reset Local Group Policy Editor Settings to Default in Windows 10

How to: Reset Local Group Policy Editor Settings to Default in Windows 10

How to Reset All Local Group Policy Settings to Default in Windows 10

Reset Local Group Policy Editor Settings to Default in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information The Local Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc) is a Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in that provides a single user interface through which all the the Computer Configuration and User Configuration settings of Local Group Policy objects can be managed.
    Computer Configuration
    Administrators can use Computer Configuration to set policies that are applied to computer, regardless of who logs on to the computers. Computer Configuration typically contains sub-items for software settings, Windows settings, and administrative templates.

User Configuration
    Administrators can use User Configuration to set policies that apply to users, regardless of which computer they log on to. User Configuration typically contains sub-items for software settings, Windows settings, and administrative templates.
    The Local Group Policy Editor is only available in the Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions.

This tutorial will show you how to quickly reset all Local Group Policy Editor settings back to the default "Not configured" state in Windows 10.

You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to reset all Local Group Policy Editor settings.

Note This will only apply to reset Group Policy objects set in the Local Group Policy Editor, and not objects set manually in Registry Editor instead.

This will not reset Group Policy objects for a computer connected to a domain using Active Directory. The network administrator controls these settings instead.

This will not reset Local Security Policy settings.

EXAMPLE: Local Group Policy Editor

Here's How:

1. Open an elevated command prompt.

2. Enter the commands below one at a time, and press Enter after each command. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow RD /S /Q "%windir%\System32\GroupPolicyUsers"

*Arrow RD /S /Q "%windir%\System32\GroupPolicy"

*Arrow gpupdate /force
    3. When finished, you can close the elevated command prompt if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Feb 6, 2017

2. Windows 10 Settings and Local Group Policy Editor

I was just curious to know if there is a way to easily locate all of the corresponding settings that are in the new Windows 10 Windows Settings app within the Local Group Policy Editor? The reason I ask is because I had recently discovered that several
    of the settings that I have changed in the Windows Settings app have not stuck. This has occurred on several Windows 10 Enterprise systems that I had configured at work. However, the only way that I was able to make the settings stick was to modify them
    in the Local Group Policy Editor instead. It took me some time to find the corresponding settings in the Local Group Policy Editor by searching on Google. That's why I would like to know if there is an easier way to find all of the corresponding settings
    in the new Windows Settings app in the Local Group Policy Editor.

Thank you for your time and assistance,

David

David D 3878, Oct 26, 2019
  3. group policy editor

Hi Tony,

Group Policy Editor in Windows is a tool to help you manage policy settings. Here's how you can access the Local Group Policy Editor:

• Press Win+R to open Run.
    • Type gpedit.msc, and then click OK.

Let us know how else we can help.

Patricia Yu, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Reset Local Group Policy Editor Settings to Default in Windows 10

Local group policy editor UAC Settings

Dear, I accidently edited my Local group policy editor in Windows 10 and then changed my UAC Settings as a result of which I lost my admin rights on my system. Can anyone of you help in recovery of my admin rights and resetting of my default settings in
    both of these files? I can give team viewer access. I am unable to restore system as well .

ParveenBhardwaj, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Brink Win User
    Group policy editor

Just to note, while you can technically enable the Local Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc) in a Windows 10 Home edition, it will not actually apply the policy settings.

They will only get applied in the supported Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions. You can set group policies manually in Registry Editor though.

*Arrow Group Policy Search

Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Local Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc) not accessible

Hello,

I need to access Local Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc) to modify some settings but it is not accessible in Windows 8.1

How do I open gpedit.msc in Windows 8.1? Please suggest a solution.

Operating System: Windows 8.1 Single Language, 64-bit

Thanks & Regards,

Debanjan Mitra

Vicky Player123, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Reset Local Group Policy Editor Settings to Default in Windows 10

1. Reset Local Group Policy Editor Settings to Default in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Reset Local Group

2. missing sections in Local Group Policy Editor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    missing sections in Local Group Policy Editor: Hi, I just did a clean install to windows 11 but after the update group policy just got destroyed.I searched for solutions but no luck.1. https://www.minitool.com/news/fix-registry-pol-missing-windows-10.html2....
  3. Reset Group Policy to Defaults

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset Group Policy to Defaults: I am trying to reset the default group policies, Default Domain Controllers Policy and Default Domain Policy.When I run the dcgpofix /target:both with or without /ignoreschema I get the prompts "You are about to restore Default Domain Policy and Default Domain Controller...
  4. Reset Group Policy to Defaults

Reset Group Policy to Defaults: I am trying to reset the default group policies, Default Domain Controllers Policy and Default Domain Policy.When I run the dcgpofix /target:both with or without /ignoreschema I get the prompts "You are about to restore Default Domain Policy and Default Domain Controller...
  5. Password policy on Local Group Policy Editor not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password policy on Local Group Policy Editor not working: Hi,I tried to prompt the user to input his new password after a period of time. For testing purpose, i set one day on the Maximum password age. However, the requiring input of password was not activated. after one day, the user was still not requested for submitting his new...
  6. Password policy on Local Group Policy Editor not working

Password policy on Local Group Policy Editor not working: Hi,I tried to prompt the user to input his new password after a period of time. For testing purpose, i set one day on the Maximum password age. However, the requiring input of password was not activated. after one day, the user was still not requested for submitting his new...
  7. Password policy on Local Group Policy Editor not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Unable to open local group policy editor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open local group policy editor: there are many of these and I tried some of them but I still can't open local group policy no matter what I do its still not there https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-local-group-policy-editor/a0bc9f6e-e518-4194-b500-b1ff2d5ef2c0
  9. Local Group Policy Editor Win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local Group Policy Editor Win 10: Hello, I need help with getting into Local Group Policy Editor In Windows 10 I tried the gpedit in Command Prompt Or gpedit.msc in Run Anything like that won't work, i don't really know how to get into there, i even searched it in Cortana. Still, nothing does anyone know how...
  10. Open Local Group Policy Editor in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open Local Group Policy Editor in Windows 10: How to: Open Local Group Policy Editor in Windows 10 How to Open the Local Group Policy Editor in Windows 10 The Local Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc) is a Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in that provides a single user interface through which all the the...