Windows 10: Reset Network Adapters in Windows 10

Discus and support Reset Network Adapters in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Reset Network Adapters in Windows 10 How to Cleanup and Reset Network Adapters in Windows 10 The netcfg –d command can help solve... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by evildog1, Sep 7, 2016.

1. evildog1 Win User

Reset Network Adapters in Windows 10

How to: Reset Network Adapters in Windows 10

How to Cleanup and Reset Network Adapters in Windows 10

The netcfg –d command can help solve connection problems you might have after upgrading from a previous version of Windows to Windows 10, as well as fix problems where you can connect to the Internet, but not to shared network drives. It removes any network adapters you have installed and the settings for them. After you restart your PC, any network adapters are reinstalled and the settings for them are set to the defaults.

This tutorial will show you how to reset and perform a cleanup on all networking devices to fix network connection issues in Windows 10.

*Warning You must be signed in as an administrator to perform a cleanup on all networking devices.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Cleanup and Reset Network Adapters in Settings
    • Option Two: To Cleanup and Reset Network Adapters in Command Prompt

OPTION ONE [/i] To Cleanup and Reset Network Adapters in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Network & Internet icon.

2. Click/tap on Status on the left side, and click/tap on the Network reset link on the right side. (see screenshot below)

Reset Network Adapters in Windows 10 [​IMG]

3. Click/tap on the Reset now button. (see screenshot below)

4. Click/tap on Yes to confirm. (see screenshot below)

5. You will now be notified that the PC will automatically restart in 5 minutes. (see screenshot below)

*Warning Be sure to save any work before the time is up.

*note You can also manually restart the computer now if you don't want to wait.

6. When the computer has finished restarting, click/tap on Yes (private) or No (public) to make this PC discoverable. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] To Cleanup and Reset Network Adapters in Command Prompt
    1. Open an elevated command prompt.

2. Type the command below in the elevated command prompt, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)

*note If you run the command and receive an error referring to NetSetupDeleteObject, run the netcfg –d command until it’s successful.
    *Arrow netcfg -d

3. When finished, restart the computer to apply.

4. When the computer restarts, you will need to setup any network connections again. You might also need to reinstall and set up other networking software you might be using, such as VPN client software or virtual switches from Hyper‑V (if you're using that or other network virtualization software).

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

evildog1, Sep 7, 2016

2. Windows 10 Network Adapters Disabled in Network Connections

I've been having the same problem for nearly a year now on and off. PC is wired to the router, turn it on and it works for maybe 10 minutes or so then disconnects. I've tried all the troubleshooting which never resolves the problem. Tried disabling the
    network adapter which seems to crash device manager. A restart sometimes gets is working again after I enable the network adapter. It will be okay for maybe a few weeks, as soon as another update comes along it starts to play up again. It's really frustrating!
    I did think initially it was the power management turning the adapter off, but that makes no difference. I did read somewhere else to disable the UPnP on the router but I'm reluctant to do that due to the other gadgets in the house.

ButterflyJak, Sep 7, 2016
  3. Wishiwas Win User
    Windows 10 Network Adapters Disabled in Network Connections

I work for a company with about 1000 Windows 10 machines across 7 buildings.

Every building has the yellow exclamation mark on a daily basis on several machines.

Our only resolve has been to remove the nic card from the device manager, then search for new hardware. Once it was remounted, we unchecked the power management of the nic, then restart.

This is frustrating our clients and IT techs.

Wishiwas, Sep 7, 2016
  4. pigpenz Win User

does this have any effect when getting update fails and you get error 0X800705b4 saying AES 2500 Linksys driver wont work

pigpenz, Sep 29, 2016
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello pigpenz, *Smile

I don't think it'll have any affect on that issue, but it won't hurt anything to test and see since all you'll have to do is set up your network again afterwards.

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Reset Network Adapters in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Reset Network Adapters

2. Deleted network adapters after network reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted network adapters after network reset: Hi.I had trouble with my internet no longer relevant, so I ended up doing a network reset through Windows 10's advanced network settings.Now the computer no longer searches for available wifi-networks:When I use windows troubleshooter I get the following report: When I look...
  3. Deleted network adapters after network reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted network adapters after network reset: Hi.I had trouble with my internet no longer relevant, so I ended up doing a network reset through Windows 10's advanced network settings.Now the computer no longer searches for available wifi-networks:When I use windows troubleshooter I get the following report: When I look...
  4. Deleted network adapters after network reset

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How to Reset Network Adapters using Network Reset feature in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to Reset Network Adapters using Network Reset feature in Windows 11: [IMG]A Network Adapter controls the interface of an operating system and connects the system to the wireless network. But sometimes the seamless performance of OS with WiFi may get hindered sometimes. This may cause slow connection, dropped connection, lost or no connection...
  6. network adapter has disappered after trying to reset network windows 10

network adapter has disappered after trying to reset network windows 10: My network adapter has disappered after trying to reset network windows 10how can I restore the internet adapter icon . My computer is giving me problems after windows last update. All I get a notice " WAIT " and " NOT RESPONDING ".I have been having a very difficult...
  7. Network adapter keeps resetting

Network adapter keeps resetting: Hi, my network adapter keeps disconnecting and resetting itself. I first encountered the problem a few weeks ago but only for once or so per month. But now the problem has become really painful. My network adapter FRITZ!WLAN USB Stick AC 430 MU-MIMO, has also happened with...
  8. Windows 10 Network Notification Error Resetting Adapter

Windows 10 Network Notification Error Resetting Adapter: I've been having this problem for a while now on and off and is too long to explain it all. So I'm posting this with as much detailed information as possible to explain what is going on. Let's begin with this screen capture. [ATTACH] First I keep getting disconnected from...
  9. Resetting Network Adapter

Resetting Network Adapter: While I have read several suggestions for resetting the network adapter, they all involve rebooting the PC. I am wondering why the Windows Network and Internet troubleshooter doesn't reboot after resetting the adapter? Whatever it does appears (mostly) to solve my network...
  10. Constantly need to reset network adapter

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Constantly need to reset network adapter: This has been going on for about a month now: occasionally (usually every few days) Windows will tell me I have no internet, and when I troubleshoot it it'll reset the adapter and everything is fine again for a few days. Tonight, it's happened about 6 times in the last two...