Windows 10: Reset Password of Another Account OR Get Admin CMD with limited accoun

Discus and support Reset Password of Another Account OR Get Admin CMD with limited accoun in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hey guys! I have a little problem. My educational tablet has an Admin account which the school has put a password. They have made my account a limited... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by iEclipseXD, Dec 10, 2016.

1. Reset Password of Another Account OR Get Admin CMD with limited accoun

Hey guys!
    I have a little problem. My educational tablet has an Admin account which the school has put a password. They have made my account a limited one. I just want to reset the Admin account to install some stuff. The school wont give me the password. If this is not possible, then i could use CMD if i got admin rights. If anyone knows how to do the first option or the second option, then PLEASE reply below.

Info:
    Touchscreen, No keyboard, Access to limited account.

:)

iEclipseXD, Dec 10, 2016
  2. TomTam17 Win User

Need to get my administrator privileges restored

It has been resolved. Had to go into safe mode and enter the cmd and reenable the Administrator account. Then logged into the system through the admin account with a password to add the admin privileges to my account.

That fixed it.

TomTam17, Dec 10, 2016
  3. SKLim88 Win User
    Deleted Active Admin Account through CMD

Hi everyone.

My name is SK and I recently upgraded my new Yoga 3 Pro to Windows 10. I have already transferred most of my files into the Yoga and during this process I used CMD to secure the hidden Admin account (net user) with a password. Now in order to get Cortana
    working I needed to sign in with a Microsoft Account which I did and it mentioned that it will replace the existing password with the Microsoft Account password.

It was during this moment where I thought that it was safe to delete the old account name which the Microsoft Account replaced the password with (I assumed DefaultAccount was the Microsoft Account that replaced the local account). After deletion and a reboot
    cycle, I am stuck at the login page with none of my passwords working (even a blank password fails).

Is there a default password that Windows replaces it with that I can use to login to my account? To me the files that were transferred are the ones that I'm worried about. I need help for this as F8 on a Yoga doesn't seem to work. Is the only way to create
    a bootable image of Windows 10 and run CMD to enable the hidden Admin account and transfer my files through it?

Thanks in Advance,

SK.

SKLim88, Dec 10, 2016
  4. Bree New Member

Reset Password of Another Account OR Get Admin CMD with limited accoun

Presumably the reason the school has set students as standard accounts and won't release the admin password is to prevent malware being installed accidentally and getting loose on their network. You can see their point.

Rather than asking them for the password or trying to get round it (you can't) why not ask them to check out the software you want to install and get them to install it for you?

5. LMiller7 Win User
    You cannot reset the password of an admin account or give yourself admin rights with a limited account. This is by design. If either were possible it would largely nullify the purpose of a limited account. If this were possible, however difficult, Microsoft would very much like to know about it, so they could fix this serious problem.

LMiller7, Dec 10, 2016
  6. Ok.
    But can you help me to make or show the steps to make a macro? Because I just realised that password stuff is not allowed on this forum.

iEclipseXD, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Reset Password of Another Account OR Get Admin CMD with limited accoun

1. Reset Password of Another Account OR Get Admin CMD with limited accoun - Similar Threads - Reset Password Another

2. Resetting admin password/account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resetting admin password/account.: Me and a business partner are logged out of our Microsoft account post update I think and can't login. Trying to reset password as current login details are not being accepted, but requires administrator to do this. However we can't log in as administrator either. How do we...
  3. Resetting admin password/account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resetting admin password/account.: Me and a business partner are logged out of our Microsoft account post update I think and can't login. Trying to reset password as current login details are not being accepted, but requires administrator to do this. However we can't log in as administrator either. How do we...
  4. WDAGUtilityAccount is Admin account & password reset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WDAGUtilityAccount is Admin account & password reset.: I have been attempting to help a family member with a used laptop they purchased. They reset and forgot the password and have not been able to get back in. We have attempted to go through safe mode, reset the laptop it went straight back to the login screen instead of an...
  5. WDAGUtilityAccount is Admin account & password reset.

WDAGUtilityAccount is Admin account & password reset.: I have been attempting to help a family member with a used laptop they purchased. They reset and forgot the password and have not been able to get back in. We have attempted to go through safe mode, reset the laptop it went straight back to the login screen instead of an...
  6. Reset Admin password

Reset Admin password: I am the Admin controller of my daughters laptop but I have forgotten my password. I can't find anywhere where I can reset it. HELP !!!! I need to update a few things and add an app. HELP....how do I resent the password for the Admin User Control ???...
  7. How to reset Admin account - forgot password!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to reset Admin account - forgot password!: Hi all,I completely forgot my windows admin account password, less than three months after creating it.How on earth can I reset it?Do I have to back everything up and basically wipe the entire computer just to get administrative privileges back?Or is there an easier...
  8. Admin password reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Admin password reset: Hello So I am able to login into my account hence when I try to make changes and install need programs an admin sign in window pops out I forgot what password I set it as Any ideas Thank you submitted by /u/513111111 [link] [comments]...
  9. Reset Admin password on a standard user account??

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Reset Admin password on a standard user account??: I bought a refurbished computer for my employer. It had a ADMIN account set up with no pass word associated with the account so I created one. I might have had a error in my pass word because I can no longer log into that account. I did create another account that I was...
  10. how to transfer a game to another accoun

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to transfer a game to another accoun: back in 2018 I purchased Forza Horizon4 ultimate edition. it was purchased on my moms account. at the beginning of the year I got a new custom built PC and ever since then I could not play forza horizon 4. im wondering how to transfer it to my new computer. im using the same...