Windows 10: Reset: Shut off before set up?

Discus and support Reset: Shut off before set up? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I reset my laptop to sell it. After the reset, I'm at a set up screen (time zone, region, etc) and the legal page is next. I want to leave these... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by pseudoware, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Reset: Shut off before set up?

I reset my laptop to sell it. After the reset, I'm at a set up screen (time zone, region, etc) and the legal page is next.

I want to leave these for the new user to do but there's no power control on the screen.

Pressing the physical power button puts it to sleep. A long press does a restart. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Edit: nvm, figured it out

:)

pseudoware, Dec 17, 2015

2. Can I turn off computer in the middle of a reset?

I am resetting a computer to factory default (before returning it to the OEM), and it is at the Hi There page, where you tell them the country and language.

I don't want to personalize windows.

Can I simply shut this off, and then it would boot up to this page? Or would shutting it off at this point, damage any Windows 10 installation files?

Paul Rittman, Dec 17, 2015
  3. kaidahope Win User
    Nokia Lumia 925

I had a nokia lumia 925 for a month before it stopped working

I was charging it one day, it got super hot while charging,and constantly shutting off when i wasn't shutting it off, so i unplugged it until it cooled down, i then realized that it was the cord i was using that was making it hot, so i changed the cords,
    and it was no longer getting hot, or shutting it off.

A couple days after that, it would not stop shutting off randomly, so i made sure i didn't need to update it once i got it to turn on again.

And a week after that, it froze, then shut of in the middle of me using it, tried soft reset, hard reset, tool reset ( On the windows computer), the computer no longer recognizes it. I tried multiple computers still nothing.

I honestly would really like to know how to get it to work again.

Once again, i have already tried soft reset, hard reset, and the recovery tool reset (on windows computers)

HELP

kaidahope, Dec 17, 2015
Thema:

Reset: Shut off before set up?

1. Reset: Shut off before set up? - Similar Threads - Reset Shut off

2. BSOD, but right before, i hear disk is shutting off.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD, but right before, i hear disk is shutting off.: BSOD, but right before, i hear disk is shutting off. BSOD with MEMORY_MANAGMENT. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-but-right-before-i-hear-disk-is-shutting-off/2822332d-bd90-4e58-8c05-6054f07d6820
  3. BSOD, but right before, i hear disk is shutting off.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD, but right before, i hear disk is shutting off.: BSOD, but right before, i hear disk is shutting off. BSOD with MEMORY_MANAGMENT. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-but-right-before-i-hear-disk-is-shutting-off/2822332d-bd90-4e58-8c05-6054f07d6820
  4. BSOD, but right before, i hear disk is shutting off.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. PC shutting off during Windows reset

PC shutting off during Windows reset: I'm trying to do a full reset of my Win 11 PC. It works fine then it reboots and goes into the actual reset stage where it shows the completion progress and for some reason, my PC always shuts off automatically when the progress reaches 20-21%. I don't know what causes this....
  6. Laptop accidentally shut off while resetting to factory settings.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop accidentally shut off while resetting to factory settings.: Hi, I use a laptop with Windows 10 and I've wanted to clear it out because I haven't done that in a while, but about halfways through the process it shut off and now I'm stuck in an endless loop of the laptop restarting and showing an error window, which says: "The computer...
  7. Laptop accidentally shut off while resetting to factory settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop accidentally shut off while resetting to factory settings.: Hi, I use a laptop with Windows 10 and I've wanted to clear it out because I haven't done that in a while, but about halfways through the process it shut off and now I'm stuck in an endless loop of the laptop restarting and showing an error window, which says: "The computer...
  8. Laptop accidentally shut off while resetting to factory settings.

9. Laptop accidentally shut off while resetting to factory settings.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Laptop shut off during factory reset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop shut off during factory reset.: Laptop shut off during factory reset now it's stuck on windows blue screen and can't log in as administrator. Stuck on reboot loop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-shut-off-during-factory-reset/4f88b90b-9297-40cb-bad7-de009165332d