Windows 10: Reset tablet

Discus and support Reset tablet in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; i bought a surface tablet but had to head down to the shop to exchange for a new one due to over heating issues. The salesman gave me a new device... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JKMK_799, Jul 20, 2018.

1. JKMK_799 Win User

Reset tablet

i bought a surface tablet but had to head down to the shop to exchange for a new one due to over heating issues.

The salesman gave me a new device and did a reset to my old device but i did not manage to see through the entire reset process.

Upon reaching home, i login to my microsoft account to remove the old device from my account. I’ve also immediately changed my microsoft account password and all the email login password for the accounts setup in the old device.

Please advise are these steps correct and safe?

In the worse scenario if the salesman didn’t complete the reset on my old device, will he be able to access my accounts and emails on the old device? What should I do if this happens?

look forward to your advice.

Thank you.

JKMK_799

:)

JKMK_799, Jul 20, 2018
  2. Vinodh.V Win User

Tablet Mode doesn't automatically turn on

Hi Roice,

We suggest you to follow the below steps to make the tablet mode permanent:

• Click start and select settings.
    • Select settings and then select tablet mode.
    • Now you have different options to choose from, please choose settings that suits you.
    Hope this information helps.

Vinodh.V, Oct 16, 2018
  3. Windows !0 tablet keyboard issue

Hi Philip,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur if the tablet mode is enabled.

I suggest you to disable the tablet mode and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type setting in the search area in the task bar and select
      Settings.

• Select on System option.

• Select Tablet mode in the left panel of system Windows.

• Toggle off the tablet mode.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Oct 16, 2018
  4. Carol5xy Win User

Reset tablet

Tablet not resetting

What would cause a tablet not to reset?

My husband was having a problem with a tablet-windows and tried to reset it to factory specs and it said that it could not do it.

Carol

Carol5xy, Oct 16, 2018
Thema:

Reset tablet

1. Reset tablet - Similar Threads - Reset tablet

2. I’m trying to factory reset a hp stream 8 tablet 5801 and I need help getting the recovery key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I’m trying to factory reset a hp stream 8 tablet 5801 and I need help getting the recovery key: So my sister got a hp Stream 8 tablet from market place on facebook and the person who gave it to her didn’t factory reset it and it’s asking me for a recovery key...
  3. I’m trying to factory reset a hp stream 8 tablet 5801 and I need help getting the recovery key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I’m trying to factory reset a hp stream 8 tablet 5801 and I need help getting the recovery key: So my sister got a hp Stream 8 tablet from market place on facebook and the person who gave it to her didn’t factory reset it and it’s asking me for a recovery key...
  4. Key ID for reset my Window 11 tablet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Key ID for reset my Window 11 tablet: I am trying to reset my window 11In asking me for Key ID code for Factory reset.I do not know what is that how I can found it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/key-id-for-reset-my-window-11-tablet/e828c36f-c73b-4486-af61-7813f405874f
  5. Key ID for reset my Window 11 tablet

Key ID for reset my Window 11 tablet: I am trying to reset my window 11In asking me for Key ID code for Factory reset.I do not know what is that how I can found it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/key-id-for-reset-my-window-11-tablet/e828c36f-c73b-4486-af61-7813f405874f
  6. How Can i Manually Factory Reset a Windows 10 Tablet

How Can i Manually Factory Reset a Windows 10 Tablet: Hi There, I am Trying To Factory Reset My Very old Windows 10 Tablet, But it always fails, it usually fails at the first restart after the prep when it fails it Show "Recovery" and it tells me to use a media Installation Tool on another computer, BUT if i restart it the error...
  7. How Can i Manually Factory Reset a Windows 10 Tablet

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How Can i Manually Factory Reset a Windows 10 Tablet: Hi There, I am Trying To Factory Reset My Very old Windows 10 Tablet, But it always fails, it usually fails at the first restart after the prep when it fails it Show "Recovery" and it tells me to use a media Installation Tool on another computer, BUT if i restart it the error...
  8. How Can i Manually Factory Reset a Windows 10 Tablet

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. After I reset this windows tablet it won't connect to my internet connection!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After I reset this windows tablet it won't connect to my internet connection!!!: So I found this windows tablet at a thrift store and when I got home I figured out it was a tablet and it had a micro USB port but it didn't work but eventually it worked and I saw that someone named Lisa owned the tablet and there was a password on it the password hint was...
  10. After I reset this windows tablet it won't connect to my internet connection!!!

After I reset this windows tablet it won't connect to my internet connection!!!: So I found this windows tablet at a thrift store and when I got home I figured out it was a tablet and it had a micro USB port but it didn't work but eventually it worked and I saw that someone named Lisa owned the tablet and there was a password on it the password hint was...