Windows 10: Reset, task manager, Google Chrome plus other things not working

Discus and support Reset, task manager, Google Chrome plus other things not working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am suddenly unable to use Google Chrome (nothing happens), task manager (nothing happens). I have tried clicking on a system Reset, nothing happens.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dnnstretton, Feb 28, 2016.

1. Reset, task manager, Google Chrome plus other things not working

I am suddenly unable to use Google Chrome (nothing happens), task manager (nothing happens). I have tried clicking on a system Reset, nothing happens. I have tried a restore, message says it is unable to start restore. PC is taking ages to come on and switch off.

Other things are slow. PC is practically unusable. Any suggestions?

:)

dnnstretton, Feb 28, 2016
  2. Degandra Win User

Task Bar Keep flashing and using CPU after resetting default apps

Hello, so i was having trouble setting google chrome to my default browsers, every time i click on Microsoft Edge below browser, and click google chrome, i wouldn't refresh to google chrome, and so i reset the default apps thinking that would help, but
    after the task bar keep flashing(refreshing).

I tried to restart windows explorer with the task manager, it stopped, but every time i tried to open google chrome or a link it continues flashing.

If you know any why of fixing this and setting my google chrome to default browser, please tell me

Thanks.

Degandra, Feb 28, 2016
  3. Google Chrome will not open, task manager will not launch

OK, it didn't work. I had the exact same problem today.

Rebooting does fix things for a while but it is kind of amazing that it's so easy to find postings by people with this problem yet it seems impossible to find a fix?

Anyone have any ideas? Maybe downrev to Windows 8.1? Everything worked fine there.

Bummer

RichardBeckwithPDX, Feb 28, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Reset, task manager, Google Chrome plus other things not working

davidhk, Feb 28, 2016
  5. First step seems to be that I need to turn off my antivirus. unable to do this, get the message "the service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion". Have looked this up and have typed "regedit" in the run command box, I get the same message "the service did not respond.......". How do I go from here?

Thank you

6. davidhk Win User
    What indication did you receive that convinced you to turn off your AV ?
    While it is true that some times, certain AV could prevent installation or update, but that is not a norm.

Can you start Repair Install without attempting to turn off your AV ?

davidhk, Feb 28, 2016
  7. Step 2 of the instructions state "you will need to disable or uninstall any 3rd party AV or security program"

Will try it without doing this then.

8. davidhk Win User

I see. My apology.
    I did repair install many times and I did not need to disable my AV. I guess it depends on which kind of AV. Some can be quite intrusive.

Good luck.

davidhk, Feb 28, 2016
  9. I have clicked the "Upgrade now" button, it downloads a file into my downloads folder. I cannot do anything with this file. Am I doing something wrong?

Would using the media creation tool be an option? Thinking could I get it to work from a DVD? I can now use google chrome (today anyway) but it keeps crashing. Cannot right click any files or folders on my PC, just "not responding". I am getting so frustrated with Windows 10.

dnnstretton, Mar 1, 2016
  10. davidhk Win User
    OK. Let's forget about what had been said or done.
    Let's start over.
    Please follow my instructions to the letter........................
    Use this Tech Bench link and download the Windows 10 iso file:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...brrWLRbagYCa0w

scroll down to Select Edition > click the pointer at the right and select Windows 10 ( the 1st one on the list )> click Confirm.
    click the pointer and select Language > make sure you pick the same language the computer is now running > click Confirm
    select the bit version, 32 or 64-bit. Make sure you select the same bit version as the computer is now running.
    at the bottom, click the pointer next to Save > click Save As > navigate to a folder of your choice > click the chosen folder > click Save
    The iso will start downloading to your chosen folder.
    When download is done, go to that folder > open the folder > right click at the iso file > click Mount > click Setup.exe
    Installation will begin.
    It will allow you to keep you files, settings and apps.
    No product key is required.
    Activation will be automatic.

davidhk, Mar 1, 2016
  11. Hi

Thank you for your help with this. I have downloaded the file (i didn't have options, it just downloaded into my downloads folder). I can right click it but do not have a "mount" option. I have opened it, it opens with Power2go and gives me the option to burn to disc. What do I do?
    Thanks

dnnstretton, Mar 1, 2016
  12. davidhk Win User
    Right click at the ISO file > click Open .
    At or near the bottom of the list, is there an item called Setup, or Setup.exe ?
    If yes, click it > click Open.

Does it start installing ?

davidhk, Mar 1, 2016
  13. Reset, task manager, Google Chrome plus other things not working

I have clicked on 'Open with' and had the option of Windows explorer, clicked on this and got the message Couldn't mount file, the disc image file is corrupted. I have tried clicking the link on the website to download again but it's not doing anything. I can see that it is a link that expires so does that mean i can only download from that link once?

Thank you

dnnstretton, Mar 1, 2016
  14. Ignore bit about it not downloading again, it was just taking ages to show.

dnnstretton, Mar 1, 2016
  15. Downloaded again. Still the corrupt message.

dnnstretton, Mar 2, 2016
Thema:

1. Reset, task manager, Google Chrome plus other things not working - Similar Threads - Reset task manager

2. My task manager doesn't work , nor does my google chrome ,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My task manager doesn't work , nor does my google chrome ,: or my Cmd only when ran as admin , and alot of my apps say i dont have permission to access then , and when i did SFC/SCANNOW in cmd it says i dont have access.my task manager when i try to open it says " "the procedure entry point ImageList_CoCreateInstance could not be...
  3. My task manager doesn't work , nor does my google chrome ,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My task manager doesn't work , nor does my google chrome ,: or my Cmd only when ran as admin , and alot of my apps say i dont have permission to access then , and when i did SFC/SCANNOW in cmd it says i dont have access.my task manager when i try to open it says " "the procedure entry point ImageList_CoCreateInstance could not be...
  4. Google Chrome appears in Task Manager even before opening it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google Chrome appears in Task Manager even before opening it.: As you've read the subject, Google Chrome appears in Task manager whenever I turn on the pc. I have to "end task" it every time. Sometimes I forget to close it, then my CPU heats up, makes sound... I know it happens when we use more RAM. I don't even use Google Chrome that...
  5. Google Chrome appears in Task Manager even before opening it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Chrome appears in Task Manager even before opening it.: As you've read the subject, Google Chrome appears in Task manager whenever I turn on the pc. I have to "end task" it every time. Sometimes I forget to close it, then my CPU heats up, makes sound... I know it happens when we use more RAM. I don't even use Google Chrome that...
  6. Google Chrome appears in Task Manager even before opening it.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Task Manager: Google Chrome Not Showing Up?

in Browsers and Email
    Task Manager: Google Chrome Not Showing Up?: Hey guys, Google Chrome just crashed and rebooted itself, but it's not showing up in Task Manager so I'm unable to "End process" it like I normally do in Task Manager. I've never had this problem before... Thanks! 115926
  8. Task Manager: Google Chrome Not Showing Up?

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Manager: Google Chrome Not Showing Up?: Hey guys, Google Chrome just crashed and rebooted itself, but it's not showing up in Task Manager so I'm unable to "End process" it like I normally do in Task Manager. I've never had this problem before... Thanks! 115926
  9. Collecting all the Google Chromes in Windows Task Manager

in Browsers and Email
    Collecting all the Google Chromes in Windows Task Manager: Without using the word 'edge' can anyone advise whether it's possible to collect all the "Google Chrome" instances in the Windows Task Manager into one instance showing the combined resource usage? It's not very helpful to have so many processes flitting around while I try to...
  10. Password Manager in Google Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Password Manager in Google Chrome: Hello, Chrome browser stores my passwords in the "Password manager". However, some sites ask me annually or half-annually to change the password. But it is not replaced in the "Password Manager", it keeps the old password, and when I try to open that site, the old password...