Windows 10: Reset Task Manager to Default in Windows 10

Discus and support Reset Task Manager to Default in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Reset Task Manager to Default in Windows 10 How to Reset Task Manager to Default in Windows 10 Task Manager can be used to view and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by imcanadian, May 24, 2018.

1. Reset Task Manager to Default in Windows 10

How to: Reset Task Manager to Default in Windows 10

How to Reset Task Manager to Default in Windows 10

Task Manager can be used to view and manage your processes, performance statistics, app history, users, processes details, and services in Windows 10.

When you open Task Manager for the first time, is is shown in fewer details mode. It will remember all changes you make to the Task Manager window such as switching to more details mode, set options, view settings, window size, columns size, default tab, etc...

If wanted, you can reset Task Manager whenever you like to return it back to a default state to start fresh again.

This tutorial will show you how to completely reset Task Manager to default for your account in Windows 10.

EXAMPLE: Default Task Manager

Reset Task Manager to Default in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Here's How:

*note The downloadable .reg file below will delete the registry key below to reset Task Manager to default. This key will automatically be recreated the next time you open Task Manager to save your new changes.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\TaskManager

1. Close Task Manager if currently open.

2. Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below.
    Reset_Task_Manager_to_default.reg

Download
    3. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

4. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

5. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

6. When finished, you can delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

imcanadian, May 24, 2018

2. Task Manager

Hi Marjorie,

Task Manager can be used to view and manage your processes, performance statistics, app history, users, processes details, and services in Windows 10.
    To access the Task Manager directly in Windows 10, press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC. This is the Task Manager shortcut in Windows 10.

Furthermore, to change your default browser, we suggest that you follow the steps from this article:

Change your default browser in Windows 10

Feel free to post back should you have further concerns.

Melowin Mar, Oct 27, 2019
  3. dotmarty Win User
    Windows 10 - cannot add exec to Startup in Task Manager

I purchased a new computer with Windows 10 already installed. I am trying to add an exec to the startup list but Win10 will not accept it. The exec runs successfully on my Windows 10 machine if I start it manually.

Steps I've taken: Task Manager, Startup Tab, File>Run New Task. (browse to location, select.) It will start immediately, but does not show up on the list to autostart, nor does it start on reboot.

Any suggestions?

dotmarty, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Reset Task Manager to Default in Windows 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Changing Default Browser with Windows 10

Hi Claudia,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

1) What does it mean when you say "select Default Apps it doesn't do a thing"? Is it inaccessible or when you try to set any app as default it's not applying any changes?

I suggest you to perform the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open an Administrator CMD window. If you can’t find a way, use these steps:

• Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.

• Click File > Run New Task

• Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”

• Type CMD

• Type the following commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannnow

If the issue still persists, you can reset the recommend windows settings and check.

Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Oct 27, 2019
  6. btarunr Win User
    Windows 10 Task Manager to Get GPU Utilization Tab

Microsoft is working on an update to Windows 10, which among several other things, adds a GPU utilization tab to Task Manager. You will be able to monitor each individual GPU in your machine, and Task Manager will give you live utilization stats for the GPU's 3D load, Video hardware-acceleration (encode/decode) load, dedicated memory usage, shared memory usage, and basic driver information such as driver version and date. For now the update is part of Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16226; and will make it to the main-release in the coming months.

Reset Task Manager to Default in Windows 10 72c4e559f706_thm.jpg

Source: Windows Blog

btarunr, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Reset Task Manager to Default in Windows 10

1. Reset Task Manager to Default in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Reset Task Manager

2. Task manager settings was resetted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task manager settings was resetted: I got told to reset settings on task manager to solve an issue but it made my pc boot up slower than usual and i want to get the settings back to normal the way it was as it booted up faster before i resetted from task manager...
  3. Task manager settings was resetted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task manager settings was resetted: I got told to reset settings on task manager to solve an issue but it made my pc boot up slower than usual and i want to get the settings back to normal the way it was as it booted up faster before i resetted from task manager...
  4. Task manager settings was resetted

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Window 10 freezes after reset and task manager empty

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window 10 freezes after reset and task manager empty: Yesterday, I did a window reset because task bar wasn't responding. I chose local download and remove everything. After that i had a lot of issues with the installation mostly about it being stuck at certain points but today the installation finished. The problem is when i...
  6. How to Reset Task Manager to Default in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Reset Task Manager to Default in Windows 10: [ATTACH]The Windows Task Manager is a powerful tool used to provide information about the program and processes running on your computer. You might have noticed […] This article How to Reset Task Manager to Default in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read...
  7. Is there a default setting for 'services' in 'task manager?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a default setting for 'services' in 'task manager?: Is there a default setting for 'services' in 'task manager? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-default-setting-for-services-in-task/ff781842-69ea-439d-9f59-d52ebd9e6c15
  8. Windows 10 1903: Set a default Task Manager tab

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 1903: Set a default Task Manager tab: Windows 10 users may set a default Task Manager tab in the next feature update for the operating system. Microsoft modified the Task Manager in Windows 10; the company added features to the Task Manager, e.g. to display the GPU performance or process groups. Other changes,...
  9. Enable Set Default Tab Feature for Task Manager in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable Set Default Tab Feature for Task Manager in Windows 10: How to: Enable Set Default Tab Feature for Task Manager in Windows 10 How to Enable Set Default Tab Feature for Task Manager in Windows 10 [img] Note This tutorial is no longer valid. The set default tab feature is enabled by default now in Task Manager....
  10. Set Default Tab for Task Manager in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Set Default Tab for Task Manager in Windows 10: How to: Set Default Tab for Task Manager in Windows 10 How to Set Default Tab for Task Manager in Windows 10 Task Manager can be used to view and manage your processes, performance statistics, app history, users, processes details, and services in Windows 10....