Windows 10: "Reset this PC" - Does It Affect Any Other Partition

Discus and support "Reset this PC" - Does It Affect Any Other Partition in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a desktop I would like to reset. After booting with the boot disk, I went to "Reset This PC". - It would remove all apps I installed. - Set... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by caxtin, Feb 17, 2017.

1. caxtin Win User

"Reset this PC" - Does It Affect Any Other Partition

I have a desktop I would like to reset. After booting with the boot disk, I went to "Reset This PC".
    - It would remove all apps I installed.
    - Set PC settings to 'factory'.
    - Reinstall windows and keep my files.
    - I have two backup images of the system partitions; so am safe for a clean OS.
    - I have three other partitions on this drive.
    - My main question is (just for my knowledge) when the OS is "Reset", would it delete the other partitions and make the drive as one drive to become a one-partion reset drive (OS)?

Just need to know how "Reset" works.
    Thanks

:)

caxtin, Feb 17, 2017

2. " Nokia Simple " theme - where it this theme?

hi,

Some days ago on page
    http://ea.mobile.nokia.com/content/spin/ea/6120c/en/theme/index.xhtml
    or in phone (nokia 6120c) themes/general/download themes/ was very cool theme (light cream white, black fonts) " Nokia Simple ", now its dissapear from this site. Where i can get it?
    or maybe somebody has it and could send to me.

thx

szympek123, Feb 17, 2017
  3. okinawa---01, Feb 17, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Caxtin, *Smile

It depends.

If this is an OEM PC, then the "restore factory settings" option may wipe everything back to how it was when out of the box.

If this isn't an OEM PC, then resetting Windows will only affect the Windows partition.

Reset Windows 10

Brink, Feb 17, 2017
  5. AddRAM Win User
    Why would you think it would keep your files ?

They will be gone, unless they were there when you made the image.

Using Reset and an image are 2 separate things.

As Brink states it will put things back to how they were, if you created new partitions since then, everything will be put back to how it was.

Always, Always backup your data.

AddRAM, Feb 18, 2017
  6. lx07 Win User
    No, this is not true at all in my experience. Resetting Windows does nothing with your partition table.

Resetting your PC is like doing a clean install. It will replace your C:\ partition with either what is in your OEM recovery partition or what is stored in the windows directory on your C:\ drive. It depends.

If you have other partitions that you have created (could be data, could be another OS) they are not touched. If you have resized C:\ it remains at the new size. It does not revert back.

I am 100% certain this is true as I dual boot OSX and Windows and I reset Windows. It did not touch my EFI partition (with my bootloader), my shared data partition or my OSX partition at all. All it did was reset Windows.

What might be interesting to note is if you have relocated your user folders to another partition these will be reset back to C:\. This doesn't delete the data you had (it still sits there on D:\) - it just destroys the link.

Now it could be the case that OEM recovery programs could reset partitions (they can do anything they want I suppose) but standard Windows certainly doesn't.

Can't argue with that though *Smile

7. AddRAM Win User
Thema:

1. "Reset this PC" - Does It Affect Any Other Partition - Similar Threads - Reset Does Affect

2. Does deleting files from all drives when resetting PC affect Onedrive saved data and other...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does deleting files from all drives when resetting PC affect Onedrive saved data and other...: I’m planning on resetting my PC to sell, however going through the process an unexpected option asking wether to reset all drives appeared. I’m trying to fully remove all my data from the PC so that it can’t be downloaded however I don’t want data on other laptops that are...
  3. Does deleting files from all drives when resetting PC affect Onedrive saved data and other...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does deleting files from all drives when resetting PC affect Onedrive saved data and other...: I’m planning on resetting my PC to sell, however going through the process an unexpected option asking wether to reset all drives appeared. I’m trying to fully remove all my data from the PC so that it can’t be downloaded however I don’t want data on other laptops that are...
  4. Does reinstalling windows 10 affect other drives?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does reinstalling windows 10 affect other drives?: I want to reinstall windows 10 on my laptop with 2 hard drives, becouse I have been experiencing software issues on my laptop. I have windows installed on partition C: of an ssd drive. Will the reinstallation affect partition D: on my other drive?...
  5. Does reinstalling windows 10 affect other drives?

Does reinstalling windows 10 affect other drives?: I want to reinstall windows 10 on my laptop with 2 hard drives, becouse I have been experiencing software issues on my laptop. I have windows installed on partition C: of an ssd drive. Will the reinstallation affect partition D: on my other drive?...
  6. Does reinstalling windows 10 affect other drives?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. PC reset on partitioned SSD

PC reset on partitioned SSD: Hi there, if I partition my SSD so I can accommodate 2 different operating systems, will I still be able to do a PC reset with the partition that has the Windows 11 OS on it. Thank you and with regards, Robert....
  8. Does Dragon affect other applictions?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Does Dragon affect other applictions?: Hi everyone,Does anyone know if Dragon affects other applications? I have a new HP Envy computer, just 4 months old, with 16 GB ram. Things were working well until about a week ago. Suddenly, I began having problems opening up tabs on my browser - Amazon, my bank, gmail, the...
  9. Does resetting my PC affect my windows 10 digital license.

Does resetting my PC affect my windows 10 digital license.: I have a laptop that came pre-installed with Windows 10. I want to reset my laptop due to a problem that wont go away and after trying other solutions on the internet the only solution left was to reset it.(ASUS Support Device notification wanting me to restart all the time)....
  10. Does reinstalling Windows 10 on my C partition affect other partitions

Does reinstalling Windows 10 on my C partition affect other partitions: I am a relatively inexperienced computer user and am having many crashes at present, with various reasons given for the crashes. I am contemplating doing a reinstall of Windows 10 and saving no files,etc - a clean install! If I do this will the contents of my partitions named...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reset-pc-does-affect-any-other-partition

2. will reset pc affect other partitions

3. can windows update affect other partitions

4. microsoft .3-b0b43f646baf,
  5. will ressetting windows affect my second partition? ,
  6. if i reset win 10 which is on c drive will it affect any other partition,
  7. reset windows without affecting other partition,
  8. does microsoft upgrade saving nothing affect other than the C partition,
  9. does taking apart a pc have any affect,
  10. does resetting my pc affect my files one partitioned disk