Windows 10: reset this pc help before i do

Discus and support reset this pc help before i do in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, Im new to windows 10. I bought a used laptop acer aspire v3 731 4695 last week and i really like it. Also it was updated to windows 10 already... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by aaronmach1, Sep 25, 2016.

1. reset this pc help before i do

Hello,
    Im new to windows 10. I bought a used laptop acer aspire v3 731 4695 last week and i really like it. Also it was updated to windows 10 already before i got it. All is working very well but the previous owners name pops up on various things and i would like to start over with fresh windows 10 to get rid of all his name coming up.
    I see 10 offers 2 options for resetting windows in settings. One to save my files and the 2nd to delete everything.
    Which one should i choose? And will it remove the windows 10 upgrade?
    Before i do it ill put all my photos, vlc player, and gopro software on a usb drive to save.
    Also he has changed the cd drive to dvdrw/bluray. Will the bluray work after the refresh of windows since it didnt come original?

:)

aaronmach1, Sep 25, 2016

2. RESET THIS PC - I cant reset this pc on windows 10

Of course they will just like when you "reset"

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Sep 25, 2016
  3. RESET THIS PC - I cant reset this pc on windows 10

Download the ISO>boot from it>do a custom install (format)

Download Windows 10

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Sep 25, 2016
  4. jpolacko Win User

reset this pc help before i do

You can do a refresh and remove everything. No it won't remove Windows 10 from your computer as it just like a factory reset. Yes your blue ray and DVD player will still work. You may or may not have to install video drivers or software to watch blue ray.

jpolacko, Sep 25, 2016
  5. Great thanks for the help, i feel better about trying it out later!

aaronmach1, Sep 25, 2016
  6. Also forgot to ask, will i need a recovery cd or usb or somthing with 10 recovery on it? I do not have any recovery cd or anything. Or will it run fine without?

aaronmach1, Sep 25, 2016
  7. jpolacko Win User
    It will run without either one of those.

jpolacko, Sep 26, 2016
  8. reset this pc help before i do

Thanks for the help, everything went perfectly and its like new!

aaronmach1, Sep 26, 2016
  9. jpolacko Win User
    That's good to hear *Wink. Glad everything worked out great for you!!

jpolacko, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

reset this pc help before i do

1. reset this pc help before i do - Similar Threads - reset help before

2. Why do I need to press reset before my pc boots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I need to press reset before my pc boots: When I complete an update and restart my pc, I need to press the reset button before it will boot back into windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-need-to-press-reset-before-my-pc-boots/3fec0a03-c542-44bc-81a4-849190b5d452
  3. Why do I need to press reset before my pc boots

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do I need to press reset before my pc boots: When I complete an update and restart my pc, I need to press the reset button before it will boot back into windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-need-to-press-reset-before-my-pc-boots/3fec0a03-c542-44bc-81a4-849190b5d452
  4. how do i restore to a point before a factory reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i restore to a point before a factory reset?: i need to see if i can go back and copy what was on my sticky notes. i selected the option to retain all my data but the sticky notes were erased....
  5. how do i restore to a point before a factory reset?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i restore to a point before a factory reset?: i need to see if i can go back and copy what was on my sticky notes. i selected the option to retain all my data but the sticky notes were erased....
  6. how do i restore to a point before a factory reset?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Transfer Files before Factory Reset - HELP

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transfer Files before Factory Reset - HELP: Long version (short version below): When I bought my Inspiron 15 5000 Series with a solid state (holds OS) and disk drive (1 TB of storage) I didn't realize that the default drive was the solid state one (I'm not computer savvy). So now I'm almost out of space and...
  8. How do I know what to keep before resetting?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I know what to keep before resetting?: Hello. because of certain circumstances, I need to do a Windows reset as fast as possible. I want to back up only files that are not apps, and that will not be re-installed. I think... the thing is I don't quite know what I want to back up and where to find it. if I make...
  9. All I wanted to do was reset my PC before selling it.. Attempted to reset and kept getting...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All I wanted to do was reset my PC before selling it.. Attempted to reset and kept getting...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/seasideshanti [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f6kyyf/all_i_wanted_to_do_was_reset_my_pc_before_selling/
  10. What do I need to know before resetting?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What do I need to know before resetting?: My W10 is running very slow. I tried all official suggestions and suggestions in threads that did not fix it. A reset seems to be my last option. Do I need to have an activation code and do I need installation media? Is there anything else I need to know that I'm not asking?...