Windows 10: Reset this PC option doesn't start

Discus and support Reset this PC option doesn't start in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently upgraded to Windows 10 on both my machines. My labtop has handled this fine, but my desktop computer has been very buggy since the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Miramosa, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Miramosa Win User

Reset this PC option doesn't start

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 on both my machines. My labtop has handled this fine, but my desktop computer has been very buggy since the beginning. For instance, the start menu will sometimes simply not work, requiring a restart, Skype and occasionally Explorer will stop responding instead of just shutting down when I turn off the computer and so on and I've had to move my keyboard usb port around a lot to find a slot where it works immediately on startup. A lot of little things.

I decided to try and reset the Windows installation, suspecting a faulty installation. However, when I click the 'Get started' button, the computer works for 2-3 seconds, then simply stop. No wizard appears. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I hope this is in the right section. I assumed, since it's a feature under the Update in the Settings menu, that it would fit.

:)

Miramosa, Aug 25, 2015

2. RESET THIS PC!, "RESET THIS PC" OR "ADVANCED OPTION" DOESN'T EXIST

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please reply:

1. Do you receive any error message? If yes please reply with the error message and error code.

2. Did you use the Get Windows 10 app or the media creation tool to upgrade to Windows 10?

I would suggest you do a startup repair by using Windows 10 DVD. If you do not have Windows 10 DVD I would suggest you create one. Follow the steps from the links below:

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool:

Windows 10 herunterladen

Follow the steps below to run a startup repair using Windows 10 DVD

Boot from the Windows 10 DVD.

a) At the Install Now screen, click Repair your computer >Advanced Options >
    Troubleshoot > Startup repair

b) Follow the on screen instructions

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Aug 25, 2015
  3. RESET THIS PC!, "RESET THIS PC" OR "ADVANCED OPTION" DOESN'T EXIST

I want to downgrade my W10 since it makes my asus laptop malfunction however whenever I click the "Troubleshoot" menu in the advanced startup option the "reset this pc or "advanced option" doesn't exist. the question how can I downgrade my PC is this options
    are not shown. Please Help me.

#ohohW10

qwertysilver, Aug 25, 2015
Thema:

Reset this PC option doesn't start

1. Reset this PC option doesn't start - Similar Threads - Reset option doesn't

2. Format - No option to reset this pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Format - No option to reset this pc: I'm looking to format two work machines as users have left and we don't have their passwords and want the machines to be ready for new starters.Upon start-up into advanced options we only have access to:Start up repairUEFI firmware settingsCommand PromptSystem Restore don't...
  3. Format - No option to reset this pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Format - No option to reset this pc: I'm looking to format two work machines as users have left and we don't have their passwords and want the machines to be ready for new starters.Upon start-up into advanced options we only have access to:Start up repairUEFI firmware settingsCommand PromptSystem Restore don't...
  4. " Reset this PC " option doubt.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    " Reset this PC " option doubt.: i want to use the 'reset this PC ' on windows 10 and after i click remove everything option it asks 2 more options where one is "remove the files and clean the drive".. so can someone tell me will i loose my windows 10 activation or will i have to reinstall windows .. please...
  5. Resetting this PC doesn't work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Resetting this PC doesn't work: Hi, i tried resetting my computer within the "Recovery" tab and it didn't work, a message came up" couldn't reset this pc, no changes were made" I tried cmd command "enable/disable agentc/" it got me to 50% and then the same error came up, any tips? I have my Windows 10 usb...
  6. No "Reset This PC" option

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No "Reset This PC" option: Reset this PC option missing after replacing hard disk with a Samsung SSD and using Samsung Data Migration software to clone the existing drive. Analysis: using Control Panel -> Computer Management -> Disk Management On original hard disk the WinRE recovery partition was...
  7. Missing reset this pc option

in Cortana
    Missing reset this pc option: Hi, i have problem with my local windows 10 password. I updated my windows 10 and changed the password . I forget it now. I dont get the option of reset this pc into safe mode after selecting troubleshoot option. It shows another options like UEFi settings and startup...
  8. Reset PC or or use Start Afresh option?

Reset PC or or use Start Afresh option?: Hi, I have a Dell PC but I clean installed with the Media Creation Tool a long time ago so theres no Dell bloatware etc. Ive used Reset PC in the past. Is there any difference between using Reset PC and the Start Afresh option where... if Im understanding correctly... the...
  9. Question on "Reset this PC" option.

Question on "Reset this PC" option.: If I use the "Reset this PC" option, will it create a clean registry or will it contain old leftover data? I will use the remove all file/data option. 104987
  10. 'Reset this PC' doesn't work

'Reset this PC' doesn't work: Hi, I've recently upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 Professional. Since doing so I've had some annoying internet connectivity issues (Windows Sockets entries missing) among other things. So I decided I'd try the recovered features. None of them work for me. I...